MMA (Boston)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MMA (Boston)

Anything MMA related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

David Loiseau to Train with Greg Jackson

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
TwisteDceL
Champion
Champion
TwisteDceL

Male
Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2007-03-29

David Loiseau to Train with Greg Jackson Empty
PostSubject: David Loiseau to Train with Greg Jackson   David Loiseau to Train with Greg Jackson Icon_minitimeSun 29 Apr 2007, 10:08 pm

Posted by UFC Junkie on February 20, 2007 at 2:30 pm ET
David Loiseau to Train with Greg Jackson 061224loiseau
David LoiseauFormer UFC fighter and one-time top contender David Loiseau (14-7 MMA, 4-3 UFC), fresh off a lopsided unanimous-decision loss to Joey Villasenor in EliteXC’s first-ever show, is heading to New Mexico to work with world-renowned trainer Greg Jackson, according to The Fight Network.

Loiseau has lost his past three fights — to then-middleweight champion Rich Franklin (UFC 58), Mike Swick (UFC 63) and Villasenor. He’s now looking to get his career back on track with Jackson, who’s quickly emerged as one of the biggest names in MMA.

Jackson’s stable of fighters includes some of the fastest-rising contenders in the UFC, including Diego Sanchez, Nate Marquardt, Rashad Evans and Keith Jardine. Villasenor, himself, is also a member of Team Jackson.

Said Loiseau:

“I think Greg Jackson is a genius when it comes to MMA,” said the 27-year-old Loiseau. “It’s all about the chemistry, the fighter-trainer thing. With the changes I want to make, I think Jackson is man to bring me to the top.”

Loiseau’s close friend and training partner Georges St. Pierre, the UFC’s Welterweight Champion, has also trained with Jackson’s brood in the past.

“He [Jackson] has an army of great fighters and I am excited about joining the camp,” said Loiseau. “Every time Georges came back he would have so many great things to say about them.”

As so many fans have stated, everything that Jackson recently touches turns to gold, so there seems to be no harm in Loiseau going with the hot hand.

As UFCjunkie.com first announced, Marquardt was recently awarded a title shot with Anderson Silva, which is expected to take place at UFC 72 in June. Also, both Jardine and Evans have been mentioned as likely choices for a title shot with current champion Chuck Liddell. And Sanchez, set to face Josh Koscheck at UFC 69, could earn a title shot if he gets by his former castmate from The Ultimate Fighter’s first season.

If Jackson can somehow get Loiseau back on track and have him again emerge as a top contender, he’s only going to strengthen his already impressive reputation.

Loiseau currently has two fights remaining on his current EliteXC contract, though he’s allowed to fight in other organizations at any time.
Back to top Go down
http://soulofcel.googlepages.com/home
Andy
Defending Champ
Defending Champ
Andy

Male
Number of posts : 744

PostSubject: Re: David Loiseau to Train with Greg Jackson   David Loiseau to Train with Greg Jackson Icon_minitimeSun 29 Apr 2007, 11:14 pm

With the nickname the Crow, you knew it had to end bad for a up and coming star!!! It did for Brandon Lee!!!!
Back to top Go down
I wanna talk to sampson
Champion
Champion
I wanna talk to sampson

Number of posts : 355

PostSubject: Re: David Loiseau to Train with Greg Jackson   David Loiseau to Train with Greg Jackson Icon_minitimeMon 30 Apr 2007, 10:06 am

Andy wrote:
With the nickname the Crow, you knew it had to end bad for a up and coming star!!! It did for Brandon Lee!!!!
lol, that's fucked up!
Back to top Go down
Andy
Defending Champ
Defending Champ
Andy

Male
Number of posts : 744

PostSubject: Re: David Loiseau to Train with Greg Jackson   David Loiseau to Train with Greg Jackson Icon_minitimeMon 30 Apr 2007, 11:06 am

You're right, that was fucked up.....I JUST COULDN'T PASS UP ON IT!! I'M PROBABLY GOING TO HELL FOR THAT!! LOL!!
Back to top Go down
TwisteDceL
Champion
Champion
TwisteDceL

Male
Number of posts : 481

PostSubject: Re: David Loiseau to Train with Greg Jackson   David Loiseau to Train with Greg Jackson Icon_minitimeTue 01 May 2007, 6:19 pm

save me a seat, andy!
Back to top Go down
http://soulofcel.googlepages.com/home
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: David Loiseau to Train with Greg Jackson   David Loiseau to Train with Greg Jackson Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

David Loiseau to Train with Greg Jackson
Page 1 of 1