MMA (Boston)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MMA (Boston)

Anything MMA related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Randy Couture brings in Wanderlei to help train for Gonzo!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male
Number of posts : 1452
Registration date : 2007-03-29

Randy Couture brings in Wanderlei to help train for Gonzo! Empty
PostSubject: Randy Couture brings in Wanderlei to help train for Gonzo!   Randy Couture brings in Wanderlei to help train for Gonzo! Icon_minitimeWed 15 Aug 2007, 3:38 pm

Randy Couture brings in Wanderlei to help train for Gonzo! Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

“He’s [Randy Couture] strong on the ground. He has very good jiu jitsu and excellent stamina. He’s stronger than I thought. Randy is good for this fight. He’s ready. Very good boxing. He will win.”

That’s the prediction from former PRIDE FC middleweight champion Wanderlei Silva on the upcoming UFC 74: “Respect” showdown between UFC Heavyweight Champion Randy Couture and Gabriel Gonzaga on August 25, according to XTremeCouture.com.

The “Axe Murderer” is taking time away from the Fizogen-Xtreme Couture gym in Wellington, Florida, to help “The Natural” prepare in Las Vegas for “Napao” — who hails from Brazil just like Silva.

Traitor? Not really … Silva is a ChuteBoxe product while Gonzaga fights out of Ludlow, Massachusetts as a part of Team Link. He and Randy also appear to be training and business partners.

Whatever the details may be on their arrangement one thing is certain: It’s a fantastic partnership that brings together two experienced mixed martial arts legends who are among the most recognizable in the sport.

Here’s a snip from Couture:

“It’s great to have him in the gym. I’m anxious to pick his brain. To explore his training tactics and techniques. I’m also looking forward to building a rapport with him going forward. We had some good goes today. We were working out of half guard and the mount. He’s very tough in both positions.”

Wait until the sparring begins — Silva boasts one one of the most feared and lethal stand-up repertoire’s on planet. There is certainly something in that aspect of his game that Couture can use to his advantage at the Mandalay Bay Events Center.
Back to top Go down
http://mma-boston.niceboard.com
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Randy Couture brings in Wanderlei to help train for Gonzo!   Randy Couture brings in Wanderlei to help train for Gonzo! Icon_minitimeWed 15 Aug 2007, 3:40 pm

I cant see this being anything but good for both guys! This still may be Randy’s hardest fight in recent memory because Gonzo is no fluke that guy is freakishly strong and agile!
Back to top Go down
I wanna talk to sampson
Champion
Champion
I wanna talk to sampson

Number of posts : 355

PostSubject: Re: Randy Couture brings in Wanderlei to help train for Gonzo!   Randy Couture brings in Wanderlei to help train for Gonzo! Icon_minitimeFri 17 Aug 2007, 9:06 am

could you imagine the sparring sessions? randy has wand pinned down and wand throwing mean punches while in the gaurd! that would be an awesome sight to see.
Back to top Go down
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Randy Couture brings in Wanderlei to help train for Gonzo!   Randy Couture brings in Wanderlei to help train for Gonzo! Icon_minitimeTue 21 Aug 2007, 1:42 pm

Randy Couture brings in Wanderlei to help train for Gonzo! 1121007969_f533ef43cc

Randy Couture brings in Wanderlei to help train for Gonzo! 1121850502_d188bccb0a

Randy Couture brings in Wanderlei to help train for Gonzo! 1121002711_b0f725236a

Randy Couture brings in Wanderlei to help train for Gonzo! 1121003179_bcd6cf4263
Back to top Go down
I wanna talk to sampson
Champion
Champion
I wanna talk to sampson

PostSubject: Re: Randy Couture brings in Wanderlei to help train for Gonzo!   Randy Couture brings in Wanderlei to help train for Gonzo! Icon_minitimeTue 21 Aug 2007, 3:09 pm

i wanna see videos damnit! work your magic jdiddy!
Back to top Go down
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Randy Couture brings in Wanderlei to help train for Gonzo!   Randy Couture brings in Wanderlei to help train for Gonzo! Icon_minitimeTue 21 Aug 2007, 3:28 pm

ill se what i can do bro! lol
Back to top Go down
I wanna talk to sampson
Champion
Champion
I wanna talk to sampson

PostSubject: Re: Randy Couture brings in Wanderlei to help train for Gonzo!   Randy Couture brings in Wanderlei to help train for Gonzo! Icon_minitimeTue 21 Aug 2007, 4:17 pm

sweet!
Back to top Go down
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Randy Couture brings in Wanderlei to help train for Gonzo!   Randy Couture brings in Wanderlei to help train for Gonzo! Icon_minitimeTue 21 Aug 2007, 8:43 pm

No vids yet i found one of Randy but it is not that great he was on Rome is burning!
Back to top Go down
I wanna talk to sampson
Champion
Champion
I wanna talk to sampson

PostSubject: Re: Randy Couture brings in Wanderlei to help train for Gonzo!   Randy Couture brings in Wanderlei to help train for Gonzo! Icon_minitimeWed 22 Aug 2007, 12:47 am

i was looking for that on tv when it was suppose to come on and couldn't find it. haven't searched youtube yet.
Back to top Go down
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Randy Couture brings in Wanderlei to help train for Gonzo!   Randy Couture brings in Wanderlei to help train for Gonzo! Icon_minitimeWed 22 Aug 2007, 2:00 am

http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/video/video?id=2979502
Back to top Go down
Andy
Defending Champ
Defending Champ
Andy

Male
Number of posts : 744

PostSubject: Re: Randy Couture brings in Wanderlei to help train for Gonzo!   Randy Couture brings in Wanderlei to help train for Gonzo! Icon_minitimeWed 22 Aug 2007, 3:03 am

JIM ROME IS DA BALLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
Back to top Go down
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Randy Couture brings in Wanderlei to help train for Gonzo!   Randy Couture brings in Wanderlei to help train for Gonzo! Icon_minitimeThu 23 Aug 2007, 2:59 pm

What is uuuup!
Back to top Go down
I wanna talk to sampson
Champion
Champion
I wanna talk to sampson

PostSubject: Re: Randy Couture brings in Wanderlei to help train for Gonzo!   Randy Couture brings in Wanderlei to help train for Gonzo! Icon_minitimeFri 24 Aug 2007, 11:48 am

hmmmm, the training sessions they aired weren't all that impressive.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Randy Couture brings in Wanderlei to help train for Gonzo!   Randy Couture brings in Wanderlei to help train for Gonzo! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Randy Couture brings in Wanderlei to help train for Gonzo!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MMA (Boston) :: Ultimate Fighting Championships News-
Jump to: