MMA (Boston)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MMA (Boston)

Anything MMA related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Mauricio ‘Shogun’ Rua on reason for leaving ChuteBoxe camp

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male
Number of posts : 1452
Registration date : 2007-03-29

Mauricio ‘Shogun’ Rua on reason for leaving ChuteBoxe camp Empty
PostSubject: Mauricio ‘Shogun’ Rua on reason for leaving ChuteBoxe camp   Mauricio ‘Shogun’ Rua on reason for leaving ChuteBoxe camp Icon_minitimeSun 23 Dec 2007, 9:59 pm

Mauricio ‘Shogun’ Rua on reason for leaving ChuteBoxe camp Mauricio-shogun-rua

“My brother [Ninja] left the team last week and there is no way I remain in a team my brother does not belong. I own him my career. It is because of him I became a professional fighter. He brought fighting to my family. My idea is to stay in Brazil, in Curitiba. So far I don’t want to move to US and I am trying to convince Murilo to stay too…. Id like to open a gym in Curitiba … maybe this January. I’ve been searching for places and growing the idea stronger. But after that I have to focus on UFC. I fight again in March and I need to train harder and harder for my next fight.”
– UFC light heavyweight Mauricio “Shogun” Rua talks with MMARingReport.com about the reason behind his recent departure from the famed ChuteBoxe mixed martial arts academy in Brazil. Shogun and his brother, Murilo “Ninja” Rua, follow in the footsteps of of other big name fighters to leave the camp of late such as Wanderlei Silva and Andre Dida. In the interview Shogun reveals that he can return to action as soon as March … and would like to challenge a big draw such as Tito Ortiz.

source: http://mmamania.com/
Back to top Go down
http://mma-boston.niceboard.com
I wanna talk to sampson
Champion
Champion
I wanna talk to sampson

Number of posts : 355

PostSubject: Re: Mauricio ‘Shogun’ Rua on reason for leaving ChuteBoxe camp   Mauricio ‘Shogun’ Rua on reason for leaving ChuteBoxe camp Icon_minitimeMon 24 Dec 2007, 10:48 am

damn, it's really sounding like his head isn't going to be there for his fight. especially if his brother moves. then what's he going to do? go back to chute boxe?
Back to top Go down
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Mauricio ‘Shogun’ Rua on reason for leaving ChuteBoxe camp   Mauricio ‘Shogun’ Rua on reason for leaving ChuteBoxe camp Icon_minitimeMon 24 Dec 2007, 5:13 pm

I hear he and his brother may be coming to Mass to train with Gonzo and Thiago Silva the guy who beat Houston Alexander!
Back to top Go down
I wanna talk to sampson
Champion
Champion
I wanna talk to sampson

Number of posts : 355

PostSubject: Re: Mauricio ‘Shogun’ Rua on reason for leaving ChuteBoxe camp   Mauricio ‘Shogun’ Rua on reason for leaving ChuteBoxe camp Icon_minitimeMon 24 Dec 2007, 6:27 pm

well, that actually might be a good idea.
Back to top Go down
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Mauricio ‘Shogun’ Rua on reason for leaving ChuteBoxe camp   Mauricio ‘Shogun’ Rua on reason for leaving ChuteBoxe camp Icon_minitimeMon 24 Dec 2007, 6:33 pm

Yeah plus with them living and training over here they will have access to other top fighter to train with and one day can take the knowledge back home to Brazil!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mauricio ‘Shogun’ Rua on reason for leaving ChuteBoxe camp   Mauricio ‘Shogun’ Rua on reason for leaving ChuteBoxe camp Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mauricio ‘Shogun’ Rua on reason for leaving ChuteBoxe camp
Page 1 of 1