MMA (Boston)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MMA (Boston)

Anything MMA related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Quick Hits—UFC 69 Media Update,Here Comes the Shogun Maybe?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male
Number of posts : 1452
Registration date : 2007-03-29

Quick Hits—UFC 69 Media Update,Here Comes the Shogun Maybe? Empty
PostSubject: Quick Hits—UFC 69 Media Update,Here Comes the Shogun Maybe?   Quick Hits—UFC 69 Media Update,Here Comes the Shogun Maybe? Icon_minitimeWed 04 Apr 2007, 12:38 am

Quick Hits—UFC 69 Media Update,Here Comes the Shogun Maybe? 070403rua

Quick Hits—UFC 69 Media Update,Here Comes the Shogun Maybe?, and an Interview with Mr. International

1.As the Junkie himself just mentioned, Dana White and the UFC gave an update to the media yesterday in preparation for this weekend’s UFC 69 event. Not a ton of direct news, mostly ambiguous generalities, but one major item intrigued me greatly: White mentioned that the UFC is looking at none other than young PRIDE standout Mauricio “Shogun” Rua (16-2 MMA, 0-0 UFC) — 12-1 in PRIDE — of Brazil’s vaunted Chute Boxe Academy to fight the winner of Chuck Liddell and Quinton “Rampage” Jackson, who headline the UFC 71 event on May 26.

2.White mentioned that the title shot “wasn’t a ‘definitely’ at this time”but that Shogun is who the UFC is looking at for the next light heavyweight title fight. Just the fact that the UFC is already looking to integrate the best of PRIDE with the best of the UFC is highly exciting. However, White did mention that it would be “at least a year” before there was a full combined UFC/PRIDE show.

3.White also announced that the fight between Mirko “Cro Cop” Filipovic and new UFC heavyweight champion Randy “The Natural” Couture should take place in August. This, of course, is contingent on Filipovic getting past Gabriel Gonzaga at UFC 70 later this month.

4.Diego Sanchez and Josh Koscheck got on the call to talk about their feud and answer some questions. One reporter asked Koscheck if he and Sanchez really don’t like each other. Koscheck replied, “Oh, we absolutely hate each other.” Good stuff. I can’t wait to see this fight go down.
I also wanted to mention that Tyler Horton from BloodyKnux.com put together a great audio interview with “Mr. International” Shonie Carter. Carter is always entertaining, and it’s a solid interview. Carter is his usual humble self and manages to diss seven-time King of Pancrase Nate Marquardt and The Ultimate Fighter 4 welterweight winner Matt Serra in the first minutes of the interview. Carter talks about being on The Ultimate Fighter, being a MMA veteran (Carter’s first fight in the UFC was way back in 2000 at UFC 24) and even applying his unique style to “bling out” clothing. Carter also updates us on the progress of his rehab from the broken hand and arm he suffered in the Marcus Davis fight, discusses rumors of his up-and-coming fights, and highlights the book he’s writing on his life story and trying to get published, titled “From the Cradle to the Cage.”

Source: http://ufcjunkie.com/
Back to top Go down
http://mma-boston.niceboard.com
Seth
Contender
Contender
Seth

Male
Number of posts : 223

PostSubject: Re: Quick Hits—UFC 69 Media Update,Here Comes the Shogun Maybe?   Quick Hits—UFC 69 Media Update,Here Comes the Shogun Maybe? Icon_minitimeWed 04 Apr 2007, 1:58 am

AWESOME, I'd love to see Shogun vs Liddell or Rampage get a rematch.....Shogun is fast becoming my favorite fighter as he rarley disappoints......

I doubt Cro Cop will have any trouble winning his fight.

Speaking of Randy he did an interview with fightsport in wich he expressed a desire to fight Wanderlei Silva sometime
Back to top Go down
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Quick Hits—UFC 69 Media Update,Here Comes the Shogun Maybe?   Quick Hits—UFC 69 Media Update,Here Comes the Shogun Maybe? Icon_minitimeWed 04 Apr 2007, 2:06 am

I think he beats him randy would be able to walk him down I think he takes him down and finishes him just like he did to Liddell... I mean who is going to doubt him not me!
Back to top Go down
Seth
Contender
Contender
Seth

Male

PostSubject: Re: Quick Hits—UFC 69 Media Update,Here Comes the Shogun Maybe?   Quick Hits—UFC 69 Media Update,Here Comes the Shogun Maybe? Icon_minitimeWed 04 Apr 2007, 2:11 am

Of Course none shall ever doubt the natural. I really can't wait to see him fight Cro Cop, it'll be the biggest challenge of his career and that really brings out the best in him. I doubt I can pick sides for that fight it could be too close, however if Cro Cop is determined as hell that man can be unstoppable
Back to top Go down
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Quick Hits—UFC 69 Media Update,Here Comes the Shogun Maybe?   Quick Hits—UFC 69 Media Update,Here Comes the Shogun Maybe? Icon_minitimeWed 04 Apr 2007, 2:11 am

I really like Shogun as well...
Back to top Go down
Seth
Contender
Contender
Seth

Male

PostSubject: Re: Quick Hits—UFC 69 Media Update,Here Comes the Shogun Maybe?   Quick Hits—UFC 69 Media Update,Here Comes the Shogun Maybe? Icon_minitimeWed 04 Apr 2007, 2:15 am

I would really like to shee Shogun Vs Tito

Speaking of Otit I feel a good way to be the number one contender would be Tito vs Silva (the rematch) or some shit I just wanna see that big headed fool fight somebody real good

He is hellbent on beating chuck
Back to top Go down
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Quick Hits—UFC 69 Media Update,Here Comes the Shogun Maybe?   Quick Hits—UFC 69 Media Update,Here Comes the Shogun Maybe? Icon_minitimeWed 04 Apr 2007, 2:17 am

I would love to see Ortiz vs. Silva 2 that would be the shit!
Back to top Go down
Seth
Contender
Contender
Seth

Male

PostSubject: Re: Quick Hits—UFC 69 Media Update,Here Comes the Shogun Maybe?   Quick Hits—UFC 69 Media Update,Here Comes the Shogun Maybe? Icon_minitimeWed 04 Apr 2007, 2:20 am

Did you see him and his big head present Silva and Sakuraba flowers before they fought? He kissed Sakuraba on the cheek and when he got over to Silva he handed it to a guy in the corner and took off

Didn't see the need for him to be wearing his belt
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quick Hits—UFC 69 Media Update,Here Comes the Shogun Maybe?   Quick Hits—UFC 69 Media Update,Here Comes the Shogun Maybe? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Quick Hits—UFC 69 Media Update,Here Comes the Shogun Maybe?
Page 1 of 1