MMA (Boston)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MMA (Boston)

Anything MMA related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Shogun Interview he wants Ortiz and Babulu!!!

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male
Number of posts : 1452
Registration date : 2007-03-29

Shogun Interview he wants Ortiz and Babulu!!! Empty
PostSubject: Shogun Interview he wants Ortiz and Babulu!!!   Shogun Interview he wants Ortiz and Babulu!!! Icon_minitimeThu 05 Apr 2007, 7:12 am

Shogun Interview he wants Ortiz and Babulu!!! 12580

Interview with Shogun that adresses future opponents, and what he thinks of not being able to use foot stomps

Q.We hear you are going to be making a film?

A.It’s true — I’ve signed a contract and I will be starring in a movie.

Q.In your last fight against Alistair Overeem you showed sharp ground n’ pound. Have you been training specifically for this type of game?

A.Our academy trains everything, jiu jítsu, muay thai and wrestling. A smart fighter knows that taking that fight to the ground would make it easier, so we trained specifically for this.

Q.In your last three fights all were decided on the ground. Do you prefer to fight on the ground or on your feet?

A.Everything depends on the opponent, I think that the evolution of the MMA is for fighters to be complete, depending on the opponent, I find their weak point and take the fight there.

Q.Some mma fighters have been invited to ADCC, Arona, Paulão, Josh Barnett and even Igor Vovchanchyn, if he was invited, couldn’t you participate?

A.With certainty. I train sufficient in submission and [would like] to fight in ADCC. Not only myself, but my brother and Cristiano Marcello also, I think the academy would be represented [well]. If we were invited to fight, I think we would do well.

Q.What is the biggest difference between fighting in Japan and the United States?

A.The heat of the crowd, in the United States the fans are a lot like fans in Brazil, loud and passionate. In Japan, everybody is calm watching the fights. But they have affection for both sides and are always considerate. I like both.

Q.Wanderlei Silva after said after his loss to Dan henderson that it is your time — what do you think?

A.This is my objective, in case Wanderlei does not get a rematch, I would like the chance. This title has to come back to Curitiba at any cost, and if the chance goes to me, I will give my best, it is my dream.

Q.One of your toughest fights was against Rogério Minotouro, what did you think of his loss to Sokoudjou?

A.He came out fast and is a good athlete, I expected Rogerio to win but he got caught on the chin. I think Minotouro deserves all respect.

Q.Pride now belongs to Zuffa, do you think this will be good for the sport?

A.I think it will only grow the sport has to grow. For us athlete, things are going to improve very much.

Q.The rules have been unified, will this harm your game?

A.With certainty, I love to stomp. But already I’ve fought two times under these rules, and have adapted well, I’ll continue training to adapt myself better.

Q.You renewed with Pride for four fights, in your contract is there a possibility to fight in the UFC?

A.The possibility exists yes, I can fight in the UFC or in Pride.

Q.Dana White said after the loss of Wanderlei Silva that a fight between he and Chuck Liddell would now be impracticle, and when questioned on a fight between you and Liddell, he scoffed asking “who is Shogun…”

A.Ha ha ha… If he does not know me, now he is going to know, I am going to fight in his event, this year he is going to know me.

Q.You cannot choose your opponents, but would you like other fights to adapt before facing the best of the UFC?

A.In truth I already fought with the best fighters in the world, and I am ready for whoever is to come. It’s not necessary for me to prove anything to anybody, everyone [knows] of my potential, and what I can do in fights.

Q.Tito Ortiz declared recently that he would like to fight with you…

A.He is a very good athlete and strong, I would like to face him yes, with certainty I would like that fight.

Q.Does the possibility of a rematch with Renato Sobral motivate you to fight in the UFC?

A.Definitely! It is a fight that now can happen and I would like it very much it if did.

Q.Speaking a little on the rivalry, Paulão Filho declared that Wanderlei Silva is beneath him, and that now he wants you…

A.Paulão is a good athlete, but I am above him, and the only thing he wants is for people to give him attention and credit. I do not give respect to a man who only wants to appear in the media.

Q.Since Vítor Belfort did not materialize as a Brazilian phenomenon, and many point you as a new phenomenon, does this weigh on you?

A.I only concentrate on giving my best. If I begin to think that I am already the best in the world, I will not fight that way. It’s the fighters job to give 100% percent.

Q.Thanks for the interview, can you leave a message for your fans…

A.I love all my fans, and I want to say that the people who follow me and cheer for me, are my biggest motivation. I will be always be training to give a show to my fans, friends and family.
Back to top Go down
http://mma-boston.niceboard.com
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Shogun Interview he wants Ortiz and Babulu!!!   Shogun Interview he wants Ortiz and Babulu!!! Icon_minitimeThu 05 Apr 2007, 7:12 am

I like this guy more and more and Dana will eat those words!
Back to top Go down
Seth
Contender
Contender
Seth

Male
Number of posts : 223

PostSubject: Re: Shogun Interview he wants Ortiz and Babulu!!!   Shogun Interview he wants Ortiz and Babulu!!! Icon_minitimeThu 05 Apr 2007, 3:37 pm

Oh Chuck doesn't know who shogun is? That's ok he still wont know after shogun beats his ass and leaves him lying on the floor beaten and beltless. Wait he'll already be beltless afetr Rampage gets done with him.
Back to top Go down
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Shogun Interview he wants Ortiz and Babulu!!!   Shogun Interview he wants Ortiz and Babulu!!! Icon_minitimeThu 05 Apr 2007, 5:23 pm

I think Dana siad who is Shogun but i agree he will be the guy to beat the old man Chuck Liddell! He is the future of the LHW division!
Back to top Go down
I wanna talk to sampson
Champion
Champion
I wanna talk to sampson

Number of posts : 355

PostSubject: Re: Shogun Interview he wants Ortiz and Babulu!!!   Shogun Interview he wants Ortiz and Babulu!!! Icon_minitimeThu 05 Apr 2007, 7:03 pm

yep
Back to top Go down
Andy
Defending Champ
Defending Champ
Andy

Male
Number of posts : 744

PostSubject: Re: Shogun Interview he wants Ortiz and Babulu!!!   Shogun Interview he wants Ortiz and Babulu!!! Icon_minitimeFri 06 Apr 2007, 2:06 am

OF COURSE HE WANTS TO FIGHT BABALU...Besides the fact that he has a loss to Babalu, he knows he is a piece of shit-Trust me that fight won't happen because nobody will pay to see that. Ortiz would be a LITTLE better--depends which fighter shows up.
Back to top Go down
Andy
Defending Champ
Defending Champ
Andy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Shogun Interview he wants Ortiz and Babulu!!!   Shogun Interview he wants Ortiz and Babulu!!! Icon_minitimeFri 06 Apr 2007, 2:10 am

I would rather see a qualifier fight between Wanderlai Silva and Tito Ortiz, the winner of that fight gets the winner of Shogun and Babalu....and the winner of that gets RAMPAGE after he whoops the ICEMAN.
Back to top Go down
Andy
Defending Champ
Defending Champ
Andy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Shogun Interview he wants Ortiz and Babulu!!!   Shogun Interview he wants Ortiz and Babulu!!! Icon_minitimeFri 06 Apr 2007, 2:13 am

Everyone gets a chance to avenge a loss...except for Chuck cause he is gonna get Sodomized by Rampage. Wandy and Ortiz would be interesting, Ortiz has already beat him so he wouldn't run scared like he does against Liddell.
Back to top Go down
Seth
Contender
Contender
Seth

Male

PostSubject: Re: Shogun Interview he wants Ortiz and Babulu!!!   Shogun Interview he wants Ortiz and Babulu!!! Icon_minitimeFri 06 Apr 2007, 2:15 am

I'd really like seeing Chuck vs Shogun under pride rules, so shogun can stop chucks face
Back to top Go down
Andy
Defending Champ
Defending Champ
Andy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Shogun Interview he wants Ortiz and Babulu!!!   Shogun Interview he wants Ortiz and Babulu!!! Icon_minitimeFri 06 Apr 2007, 2:17 am

I wonder if Ortiz's recent outbursts are a attention getter or because he has already beat Vitor Belfort and Wanderlai Silva he thinks he needs to try for the trifecta????
Back to top Go down
Andy
Defending Champ
Defending Champ
Andy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Shogun Interview he wants Ortiz and Babulu!!!   Shogun Interview he wants Ortiz and Babulu!!! Icon_minitimeFri 06 Apr 2007, 2:21 am

How do you see a fight going between Chuck and Shogun?? Seriously, does Shogun take it to him? I can't vision this fight because styles make fights and Liddell isn't exactly a guy who will make a bunch of mistakes...I don't know!!
Back to top Go down
Seth
Contender
Contender
Seth

Male

PostSubject: Re: Shogun Interview he wants Ortiz and Babulu!!!   Shogun Interview he wants Ortiz and Babulu!!! Icon_minitimeFri 06 Apr 2007, 2:21 am

Is he trying to be the Chute Box Hunter?
Back to top Go down
Andy
Defending Champ
Defending Champ
Andy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Shogun Interview he wants Ortiz and Babulu!!!   Shogun Interview he wants Ortiz and Babulu!!! Icon_minitimeFri 06 Apr 2007, 2:24 am

COULD BE HUH??? I don't think Tito can handle Wanderlai again even though they are both shells of their former selves.
Back to top Go down
Seth
Contender
Contender
Seth

Male

PostSubject: Re: Shogun Interview he wants Ortiz and Babulu!!!   Shogun Interview he wants Ortiz and Babulu!!! Icon_minitimeFri 06 Apr 2007, 2:26 am

Doesn't tito have an untold amount of STDs?
Back to top Go down
Andy
Defending Champ
Defending Champ
Andy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Shogun Interview he wants Ortiz and Babulu!!!   Shogun Interview he wants Ortiz and Babulu!!! Icon_minitimeFri 06 Apr 2007, 2:26 am

I think Chute box is gonna go the way of the old team punishment or the Lions den,...run out of talent and disband.
Back to top Go down
Andy
Defending Champ
Defending Champ
Andy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Shogun Interview he wants Ortiz and Babulu!!!   Shogun Interview he wants Ortiz and Babulu!!! Icon_minitimeFri 06 Apr 2007, 2:28 am

Rampage will beat Liddell wrote:
Doesn't tito have an untold amount of STDs?
HAHAHAHA,...I'm sure he'd make a ten dollar hooker think twice!!
Back to top Go down
Andy
Defending Champ
Defending Champ
Andy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Shogun Interview he wants Ortiz and Babulu!!!   Shogun Interview he wants Ortiz and Babulu!!! Icon_minitimeFri 06 Apr 2007, 2:30 am

Can a guy fail a pre fight physical for having crabs???????????????
Back to top Go down
Andy
Defending Champ
Defending Champ
Andy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Shogun Interview he wants Ortiz and Babulu!!!   Shogun Interview he wants Ortiz and Babulu!!! Icon_minitimeFri 06 Apr 2007, 2:33 am

I mean its all funny till someone comes down with Herpes right??
Back to top Go down
Seth
Contender
Contender
Seth

Male

PostSubject: Re: Shogun Interview he wants Ortiz and Babulu!!!   Shogun Interview he wants Ortiz and Babulu!!! Icon_minitimeFri 06 Apr 2007, 2:36 am

I doubt that if they keep turning out fighters like Wanderlei and shogun then they'll do just fine
Back to top Go down
Seth
Contender
Contender
Seth

Male

PostSubject: Re: Shogun Interview he wants Ortiz and Babulu!!!   Shogun Interview he wants Ortiz and Babulu!!! Icon_minitimeFri 06 Apr 2007, 2:36 am

Andy wrote:
Can a guy fail a pre fight physical for having crabs???????????????

I think so
Back to top Go down
Andy
Defending Champ
Defending Champ
Andy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Shogun Interview he wants Ortiz and Babulu!!!   Shogun Interview he wants Ortiz and Babulu!!! Icon_minitimeFri 06 Apr 2007, 4:50 pm

Thats the problem though...guys like Wandy and Shogun are pretty much once every ten years or so...by no means are those guys a dime a dozen. It would be pretty tough to live up to the fighters that they are...I don't like Wandy much but I do watch every time I get a chance.
Back to top Go down
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Shogun Interview he wants Ortiz and Babulu!!!   Shogun Interview he wants Ortiz and Babulu!!! Icon_minitimeFri 06 Apr 2007, 5:03 pm

Wandy sucks!
Back to top Go down
Andy
Defending Champ
Defending Champ
Andy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Shogun Interview he wants Ortiz and Babulu!!!   Shogun Interview he wants Ortiz and Babulu!!! Icon_minitimeFri 06 Apr 2007, 9:08 pm

Check out Joedaddy downing one of his beloved brazilians!!!! WHOA-
Back to top Go down
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Shogun Interview he wants Ortiz and Babulu!!!   Shogun Interview he wants Ortiz and Babulu!!! Icon_minitimeFri 06 Apr 2007, 10:34 pm

i dont like wandy! i think Shogun would kill them if they ever fought!

Shogun Interview he wants Ortiz and Babulu!!! Rare7tw71
Back to top Go down
Seth
Contender
Contender
Seth

Male

PostSubject: Re: Shogun Interview he wants Ortiz and Babulu!!!   Shogun Interview he wants Ortiz and Babulu!!! Icon_minitimeSun 08 Apr 2007, 9:52 pm

JoeDaddy wrote:
Wandy sucks!

You don't like many people that would beat chucks ass
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shogun Interview he wants Ortiz and Babulu!!!   Shogun Interview he wants Ortiz and Babulu!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shogun Interview he wants Ortiz and Babulu!!!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next