MMA (Boston)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MMA (Boston)

Anything MMA related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Dana White: Cro Cop’s Camp Wanted to “Milk” Contract

Go down 
+2
SiDeWiNdEr
JoeDaddy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male
Number of posts : 1452
Registration date : 2007-03-29

Dana White: Cro Cop’s Camp Wanted to “Milk” Contract Empty
PostSubject: Dana White: Cro Cop’s Camp Wanted to “Milk” Contract   Dana White: Cro Cop’s Camp Wanted to “Milk” Contract Icon_minitimeTue 24 Apr 2007, 2:19 pm

Dana White: Cro Cop’s Camp Wanted to “Milk” Contract 070424filipovic

Newly acquired UFC heavyweight and former PRIDE champion Mirko “Cro Cop” Filipovic’s camp wanted to “milk” the fighter’s contract by putting off a title shot, which led to his upset loss to Gabriel Gonzaga at this past weekend’s UFC 70 event, according to UFC president Dana White.

White made the statement to a reporter for an latimes.com story published last night.

According to the report, it wasn’t the UFC’s sole decision to delay Filipovic’s potential title shot with UFC heavyweight champion Randy Couture. In fact, White said the decision came from Filipovic’s camp, which wanted to draw out the contract — probably in hopes that the fighter could score a lucrative contract renewal if he became champion.
From latimes.com:

If a promotion holds off on a marketable fight with the mentality of building up both fighters, one or both may lose and the proposed fight goes out the window.

That is what happened with Cro Cop, and White suggests that the decision to have Cro Cop face Gonzaga was as much Cro Cop’s decision as UFC’s.

“Cro Cop’s guys wanted to have a couple fights before they fought Randy Couture. And to be honest with you I think they wanted the fights to milk the contract.”
By defeating Filipovic, Gonzaga instead earned the title shot, which is expected to take place in August at UFC 73.
Although Filipovic recently stated that he suffered no serious damage from the KO head kick — or the subsequent collapse and bending of his knee, ankle and foot — little information has been available in regards to his future plans. A recent report stated that the Croatian would fulfill the remaining four fights on his UFC contract and then retire, but there’s been no official word from the UFC.
Said White:

“No idea. I don’t even know what he wants to do next. I’ll have to talk to his people, see what he’s thinking, see where his head is, no pun intended.
“I think he needs to go out and fight a big name guy. Gonzaga’s an awesome fighter but nobody knew who he was.”
Back to top Go down
http://mma-boston.niceboard.com
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: Cro Cop’s Camp Wanted to “Milk” Contract   Dana White: Cro Cop’s Camp Wanted to “Milk” Contract Icon_minitimeTue 24 Apr 2007, 2:27 pm

Is this Dana trying to cover up for CC or did CC take this fight lightly on purpose?
Back to top Go down
SiDeWiNdEr
Weekend Warrior
Weekend Warrior

Male
Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2007-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: Cro Cop’s Camp Wanted to “Milk” Contract   Dana White: Cro Cop’s Camp Wanted to “Milk” Contract Icon_minitimeTue 24 Apr 2007, 4:23 pm

I hate to say it but this kind of paints a no class picture for Dana, wierd.

Maybe Dana wants this out, lose to Gonzaga, Gonzaga get the title in a few fights, the rematch?
Back to top Go down
Seth
Contender
Contender
Seth

Male
Number of posts : 223

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: Cro Cop’s Camp Wanted to “Milk” Contract   Dana White: Cro Cop’s Camp Wanted to “Milk” Contract Icon_minitimeTue 24 Apr 2007, 7:11 pm

Jeez I find myself losing more and more respect for dana all the time.
Back to top Go down
Andy
Defending Champ
Defending Champ
Andy

Male
Number of posts : 744

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: Cro Cop’s Camp Wanted to “Milk” Contract   Dana White: Cro Cop’s Camp Wanted to “Milk” Contract Icon_minitimeTue 24 Apr 2007, 7:37 pm

Dana is just getting his Vince McMahon on!
Back to top Go down
Seth
Contender
Contender
Seth

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: Cro Cop’s Camp Wanted to “Milk” Contract   Dana White: Cro Cop’s Camp Wanted to “Milk” Contract Icon_minitimeTue 24 Apr 2007, 7:41 pm

Andy wrote:
Dana is just getting his Vince McMahon on!

It took vince at least 10 or 15 years to end up the way he is, it took dana 3 or 4 years.
Back to top Go down
SiDeWiNdEr
Weekend Warrior
Weekend Warrior

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: Cro Cop’s Camp Wanted to “Milk” Contract   Dana White: Cro Cop’s Camp Wanted to “Milk” Contract Icon_minitimeTue 24 Apr 2007, 8:36 pm

losing respect quickly, hopefully he doesn't make the UFC a joke
Back to top Go down
Andy
Defending Champ
Defending Champ
Andy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: Cro Cop’s Camp Wanted to “Milk” Contract   Dana White: Cro Cop’s Camp Wanted to “Milk” Contract Icon_minitimeTue 24 Apr 2007, 10:29 pm

I heard Diego Sanchez wants Dana to "MILK" his prostate????
Back to top Go down
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: Cro Cop’s Camp Wanted to “Milk” Contract   Dana White: Cro Cop’s Camp Wanted to “Milk” Contract Icon_minitimeWed 25 Apr 2007, 1:36 am

The following is an excerpt from an interview with Mirko CroCop translated to english from Vecernji.hr:

Before the fight I was nervous, I was thinking about all sorts of stupid things, I was just in a bad state. Unfortunately, I seem to be that type. I need a rough wake-up call in order to focus again…. After three or four elbows to the temple, I had blurry vision when I stood up. I’m not used to elbows, but that’s my problem. I’m also going to do exercises for my injured ankles.
Back to top Go down
SiDeWiNdEr
Weekend Warrior
Weekend Warrior

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: Cro Cop’s Camp Wanted to “Milk” Contract   Dana White: Cro Cop’s Camp Wanted to “Milk” Contract Icon_minitimeThu 26 Apr 2007, 7:43 pm

he's gonna focus now, isn't he Smile
Back to top Go down
Andy
Defending Champ
Defending Champ
Andy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: Cro Cop’s Camp Wanted to “Milk” Contract   Dana White: Cro Cop’s Camp Wanted to “Milk” Contract Icon_minitimeThu 26 Apr 2007, 7:46 pm

Maybe he needs a fresh start?? He should start with dumping those nasty bicycle shorts he wears!! Him and Heath Herring must shop at the same spot!!
Back to top Go down
TwisteDceL
Champion
Champion
TwisteDceL

Male
Number of posts : 481

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: Cro Cop’s Camp Wanted to “Milk” Contract   Dana White: Cro Cop’s Camp Wanted to “Milk” Contract Icon_minitimeThu 26 Apr 2007, 9:22 pm

Andy wrote:
Maybe he needs a fresh start?? He should start with dumping those nasty bicycle shorts he wears!! Him and Heath Herring must shop at the same spot!!
someone told him checkerboard makes the crotch look bigger
Back to top Go down
http://soulofcel.googlepages.com/home
Andy
Defending Champ
Defending Champ
Andy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: Cro Cop’s Camp Wanted to “Milk” Contract   Dana White: Cro Cop’s Camp Wanted to “Milk” Contract Icon_minitimeThu 26 Apr 2007, 11:28 pm

CeLnVA wrote:
Andy wrote:
MAYBE THAT SHIT WORKS WITH THE LADIES IN CROATIA BUT HASN"T ANYONE TOLD HIM THE BIG WANG WENT OUT OF STYLE WITH RAYON SHIRTS IN THE 70's??? LMAO!!! NOBODY IS GONNA RUN THE BIG DIRTY HARRY WHEN THEY CAN HAVE THE LITTLE SNUB NOSE 38!!!
Back to top Go down
TwisteDceL
Champion
Champion
TwisteDceL

Male
Number of posts : 481

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: Cro Cop’s Camp Wanted to “Milk” Contract   Dana White: Cro Cop’s Camp Wanted to “Milk” Contract Icon_minitimeFri 27 Apr 2007, 12:32 am

Andy wrote:
CeLnVA wrote:
Andy wrote:
MAYBE THAT SHIT WORKS WITH THE LADIES IN CROATIA BUT HASN"T ANYONE TOLD HIM THE BIG WANG WENT OUT OF STYLE WITH RAYON SHIRTS IN THE 70's??? LMAO!!! NOBODY IS GONNA RUN THE BIG DIRTY HARRY WHEN THEY CAN HAVE THE LITTLE SNUB NOSE 38!!!
hahahahaha! my girl was watching i love the 80s 3d. they were talking about mesh shirts and those cut off kungfu shirts people used 2 sport in the breakdancing days~! i think we should send crocop one of those!
Back to top Go down
http://soulofcel.googlepages.com/home
Andy
Defending Champ
Defending Champ
Andy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: Cro Cop’s Camp Wanted to “Milk” Contract   Dana White: Cro Cop’s Camp Wanted to “Milk” Contract Icon_minitimeFri 27 Apr 2007, 1:01 am

The "freddie Mercury" fishnet muscle shirts??? Or the Daisy duke looking Ocean Pacific shorts that if they were any shorter you'd need TWO hairdues!!!
Back to top Go down
I wanna talk to sampson
Champion
Champion
I wanna talk to sampson

Number of posts : 355

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: Cro Cop’s Camp Wanted to “Milk” Contract   Dana White: Cro Cop’s Camp Wanted to “Milk” Contract Icon_minitimeFri 27 Apr 2007, 4:41 am

Andy wrote:
The "freddie Mercury" fishnet muscle shirts??? Or the Daisy duke looking Ocean Pacific shorts that if they were any shorter you'd need TWO hairdues!!!
bwahahahahahaha!
Back to top Go down
Andy
Defending Champ
Defending Champ
Andy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: Cro Cop’s Camp Wanted to “Milk” Contract   Dana White: Cro Cop’s Camp Wanted to “Milk” Contract Icon_minitimeFri 27 Apr 2007, 11:48 am

I wanna talk to sampson wrote:
Andy wrote:
bwahahahahahaha!

HAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
Back to top Go down
Seth
Contender
Contender
Seth

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: Cro Cop’s Camp Wanted to “Milk” Contract   Dana White: Cro Cop’s Camp Wanted to “Milk” Contract Icon_minitimeFri 27 Apr 2007, 4:30 pm

Andy wrote:
I wanna talk to sampson wrote:
Andy wrote:
bwahahahahahaha!

HAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Sadly there is some crazy old guy that walks around in town with cut off shorts so short his pockets hang lower then the actual shorts do
Back to top Go down
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: Cro Cop’s Camp Wanted to “Milk” Contract   Dana White: Cro Cop’s Camp Wanted to “Milk” Contract Icon_minitimeFri 27 Apr 2007, 5:18 pm

Ok I actually ordered Jackass two on Comcast and they did a skit about this old guy had on real short shorts and walked around with old man balls hanging out it was great!
Back to top Go down
Andy
Defending Champ
Defending Champ
Andy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: Cro Cop’s Camp Wanted to “Milk” Contract   Dana White: Cro Cop’s Camp Wanted to “Milk” Contract Icon_minitimeFri 27 Apr 2007, 7:09 pm

I SEEN THAT, HAD HIS OLD MAN BAG HANGING OUT OF HIS OLD SCHOOL 'JOHN STOCKTON" basketball shorts!!! Those old school NBA shorts were like jock straps-
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: Cro Cop’s Camp Wanted to “Milk” Contract   Dana White: Cro Cop’s Camp Wanted to “Milk” Contract Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MMA (Boston) :: Ultimate Fighting Championships News-
Jump to: