MMA (Boston)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MMA (Boston)

Anything MMA related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Diego Sanchez "I'm Going to Come Back Like a Lion"

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male
Number of posts : 1452
Registration date : 2007-03-29

Diego Sanchez "I'm Going to Come Back Like a Lion" Empty
PostSubject: Diego Sanchez "I'm Going to Come Back Like a Lion"   Diego Sanchez "I'm Going to Come Back Like a Lion" Icon_minitimeThu 29 Mar 2007, 9:17 pm

Diego Sanchez "I'm Going to Come Back Like a Lion" 1-1
Will someone tell this kid to shut up!

In addition to training with worldclass boxer Oscar De La Hoya, welterweight contender Diego Sanchez is hitting the mats with top collegiate wrestlers to prepare for his upcoming clash with Josh Koscheck at UFC 69, according to a recent interview with InsideFighting.com.

Koscheck is a four-time NCAA Division I All American and 174-pound champion in 2001 with Edinboro University of Pennsylvania.

Here a snip from Diego:

“… I’ve been working with division I All American guys and I’m holding my own. I’m ready for this, my opinion about that is if it goes down, fine. His jiu-jitsu is so far behind me that he’s going to be lost. I’m going to take his back, I’ll sweep him, and I’ll get back up. My guard is my strongest position. Karo took me down a couple of times and he couldn’t get in one good shot. I’m very confident. It’s my heart that makes me a fighter. I’ve been fighting my whole life. When he hits me I’m going to come back like a lion.”

During the forthcoming interview, Sanchez reveals that he wants his run at the welterweight belt to include highlight real knockouts. And until he can do that consistently, he’s not worried about the “big money” or a title shot in the near future.

In fact, he’s fine with working his way up the ladder and earning his paycheck until that happens.

Here’s another snip:

“For me to make the big money, that I want and deserve, that means working my way up. I have to do my part by putting on electrifying performances. I believe I can do that better than any other UFC fighter. When I get paid it will be deserved. I have to step up and finish my opponents. I had a little streak going with Diaz, Karo, and Allesio, where I didn’t finish them. I have to be a man. I have to finish my opponent. I want my championship run to have knockouts.”

For Sanchez, a win on April 7 in Houston, Texas, will put him in serious contention for a championship bout. It’s between him and Matt Hughes, really, if he can get past Koscheck.
Back to top Go down
http://mma-boston.niceboard.com
Seth
Contender
Contender
Seth

Male
Number of posts : 223

PostSubject: Re: Diego Sanchez "I'm Going to Come Back Like a Lion"   Diego Sanchez "I'm Going to Come Back Like a Lion" Icon_minitimeThu 29 Mar 2007, 9:20 pm

I really really don't like him. I don't care either way about koscheck so I'll be cheering for him on the PPV I wont be getting.

If He wins then hell if I care if the let Hughes beat his ass
Back to top Go down
TwisteDceL
Champion
Champion
TwisteDceL

Male
Number of posts : 481

PostSubject: Re: Diego Sanchez "I'm Going to Come Back Like a Lion"   Diego Sanchez "I'm Going to Come Back Like a Lion" Icon_minitimeThu 29 Mar 2007, 10:04 pm

i just hope KOS knocks him off....then they both lose the next 2 fights and go somewhere else. they both give me muddbutt
Back to top Go down
http://soulofcel.googlepages.com/home
Seth
Contender
Contender
Seth

Male
Number of posts : 223

PostSubject: Re: Diego Sanchez "I'm Going to Come Back Like a Lion"   Diego Sanchez "I'm Going to Come Back Like a Lion" Icon_minitimeThu 29 Mar 2007, 10:24 pm

Muddbutt EW
Back to top Go down
Andy
Defending Champ
Defending Champ
Andy

Male
Number of posts : 744

PostSubject: Re: Diego Sanchez "I'm Going to Come Back Like a Lion"   Diego Sanchez "I'm Going to Come Back Like a Lion" Icon_minitimeFri 30 Mar 2007, 1:24 am

He gives you muddbutt??? Well I guess that is better than him giving you milk mustache-LOL-JK
Back to top Go down
maurisanv
Noob
Noob
maurisanv

Female
Number of posts : 14

PostSubject: Re: Diego Sanchez "I'm Going to Come Back Like a Lion"   Diego Sanchez "I'm Going to Come Back Like a Lion" Icon_minitimeFri 30 Mar 2007, 1:53 am

I would like to see Diego get beat just to tone him down a notch or 12. Even if it is by Lay-n-Pray!!!
Back to top Go down
Andy
Defending Champ
Defending Champ
Andy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Diego Sanchez "I'm Going to Come Back Like a Lion"   Diego Sanchez "I'm Going to Come Back Like a Lion" Icon_minitimeFri 30 Mar 2007, 3:06 am

Be careful what you wish for,..Koschec is just as big of a shit talker but not as much of a audience. Diego has some "fighter pedigree" and the only thing Koschec ever did was get lucky in a fight with Leben. I was so pissed when that fight was over I TRIED to quit watching the show. I got sucked back in and got to see Diego Lump up Koschec as a bit of a payback.
Back to top Go down
Andy
Defending Champ
Defending Champ
Andy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Diego Sanchez "I'm Going to Come Back Like a Lion"   Diego Sanchez "I'm Going to Come Back Like a Lion" Icon_minitimeFri 30 Mar 2007, 3:10 am

I hope Koschec gets a handicap parking spot after this fight---DO I SEEM BITTER??
Back to top Go down
TwisteDceL
Champion
Champion
TwisteDceL

Male
Number of posts : 481

PostSubject: Re: Diego Sanchez "I'm Going to Come Back Like a Lion"   Diego Sanchez "I'm Going to Come Back Like a Lion" Icon_minitimeFri 30 Mar 2007, 10:45 am

i think i officially dont care who wins. i have enough hate 4 both of them.
Back to top Go down
http://soulofcel.googlepages.com/home
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Diego Sanchez "I'm Going to Come Back Like a Lion"   Diego Sanchez "I'm Going to Come Back Like a Lion" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Diego Sanchez "I'm Going to Come Back Like a Lion"
Page 1 of 1