MMA (Boston)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MMA (Boston)

Anything MMA related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Fujita-Monson, Frye-Minowa Official For "Kamikaze"

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male
Number of posts : 1452
Registration date : 2007-03-29

Fujita-Monson, Frye-Minowa Official For "Kamikaze" Empty
PostSubject: Fujita-Monson, Frye-Minowa Official For "Kamikaze"   Fujita-Monson, Frye-Minowa Official For "Kamikaze" Icon_minitimeThu 29 Mar 2007, 1:46 am

Fujita-Monson, Frye-Minowa Official For "Kamikaze" 222px-Pride_Logo1-1

Two additional matches were announced for PRIDE 34 "Kamikaze" at a press conference earlier today, which makes the updated card look as follows:

-Ricardo Arona vs. Sokoudjou
-Don Frye vs. Ikuhisa Minowa
-Kazuyuki Fujita vs. Jeff Monson
-Zelg Galesic vs. Makoto Takimoto
-Shinya Aoki vs. Brian Lo-A-Njoe
-Butterbean vs. Zulu
-Gilbert Yvel vs. Yolk Ataev

Not exactly your traditional PRIDE fight card at this point.
Back to top Go down
http://mma-boston.niceboard.com
Seth
Contender
Contender
Seth

Male
Number of posts : 223

PostSubject: Re: Fujita-Monson, Frye-Minowa Official For "Kamikaze"   Fujita-Monson, Frye-Minowa Official For "Kamikaze" Icon_minitimeThu 29 Mar 2007, 2:42 am

Sounds kinda lame, Ricardo Arona vs. Sokoudjou is all I care about.
Back to top Go down
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Fujita-Monson, Frye-Minowa Official For "Kamikaze"   Fujita-Monson, Frye-Minowa Official For "Kamikaze" Icon_minitimeThu 29 Mar 2007, 7:43 am

I would have said the same thing but in that press conference both Fajita and Monson made it about UFC vs. Pride so that match could be explosive!
Back to top Go down
I wanna talk to sampson
Champion
Champion
I wanna talk to sampson

Number of posts : 355

PostSubject: Re: Fujita-Monson, Frye-Minowa Official For "Kamikaze"   Fujita-Monson, Frye-Minowa Official For "Kamikaze" Icon_minitimeThu 29 Mar 2007, 8:10 pm

isn't wandy confirmed for this card also?
Back to top Go down
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Fujita-Monson, Frye-Minowa Official For "Kamikaze"   Fujita-Monson, Frye-Minowa Official For "Kamikaze" Icon_minitimeThu 29 Mar 2007, 8:57 pm

I heard a rumor of Silva vs. Shogun before the buy out! I have heard nothing since…
Back to top Go down
Seth
Contender
Contender
Seth

Male

PostSubject: Re: Fujita-Monson, Frye-Minowa Official For "Kamikaze"   Fujita-Monson, Frye-Minowa Official For "Kamikaze" Icon_minitimeThu 29 Mar 2007, 9:05 pm

Dindn't Silva get suspended?

Also I though members of Chute Box wouldn't fight each other
Back to top Go down
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Fujita-Monson, Frye-Minowa Official For "Kamikaze"   Fujita-Monson, Frye-Minowa Official For "Kamikaze" Icon_minitimeThu 29 Mar 2007, 9:07 pm

Yeah it was a rumor but Shogun was reported as saying if the money was right he would even teammates want to know who really is better!
Back to top Go down
Seth
Contender
Contender
Seth

Male

PostSubject: Re: Fujita-Monson, Frye-Minowa Official For "Kamikaze"   Fujita-Monson, Frye-Minowa Official For "Kamikaze" Icon_minitimeThu 29 Mar 2007, 9:13 pm

OH well in that case I'd pick Shogun for the win
Back to top Go down
Andy
Defending Champ
Defending Champ
Andy

Male
Number of posts : 744

PostSubject: Re: Fujita-Monson, Frye-Minowa Official For "Kamikaze"   Fujita-Monson, Frye-Minowa Official For "Kamikaze" Icon_minitimeSun 01 Apr 2007, 12:27 pm

Don Frye always puts on a good fight!!!! The guy who NEVER puts on a good fight is freaking JEFF MONSOON- How does that guy keep getting fight deals, he is the most boring fighter in the fight game, he comes out to John Lennon music which puts everyone including himself to sleep...MAKE THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE, PUNCH JEFF MONSOON IN THE FACE!!
Back to top Go down
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Fujita-Monson, Frye-Minowa Official For "Kamikaze"   Fujita-Monson, Frye-Minowa Official For "Kamikaze" Icon_minitimeSun 01 Apr 2007, 1:24 pm

Andy wrote:
Don Frye always puts on a good fight!!!! The guy who NEVER puts on a good fight is freaking JEFF MONSOON- How does that guy keep getting fight deals, he is the most boring fighter in the fight game, he comes out to John Lennon music which puts everyone including himself to sleep...MAKE THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE, PUNCH JEFF MONSOON IN THE FACE!!

I agree Fujita is going to kill him!
Back to top Go down
Seth
Contender
Contender
Seth

Male

PostSubject: Re: Fujita-Monson, Frye-Minowa Official For "Kamikaze"   Fujita-Monson, Frye-Minowa Official For "Kamikaze" Icon_minitimeWed 04 Apr 2007, 3:12 am

Andy wrote:

Off subject that's a relly cool pic of rampage. I have the worst luck finding pics of fighters
Back to top Go down
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Fujita-Monson, Frye-Minowa Official For "Kamikaze"   Fujita-Monson, Frye-Minowa Official For "Kamikaze" Icon_minitimeWed 04 Apr 2007, 3:26 am

Rampage will beat Liddell wrote:
Andy wrote:

Off subject that's a relly cool pic of rampage. I have the worst luck finding pics of fighters

I gave him that pic see I can be fair and balanced
Back to top Go down
Seth
Contender
Contender
Seth

Male

PostSubject: Re: Fujita-Monson, Frye-Minowa Official For "Kamikaze"   Fujita-Monson, Frye-Minowa Official For "Kamikaze" Icon_minitimeWed 04 Apr 2007, 3:43 am

JoeDaddy wrote:
Rampage will beat Liddell wrote:
Andy wrote:

I gave him that pic see I can be fair and balanced

I see...good 1
Back to top Go down
I wanna talk to sampson
Champion
Champion
I wanna talk to sampson

Number of posts : 355

PostSubject: Re: Fujita-Monson, Frye-Minowa Official For "Kamikaze"   Fujita-Monson, Frye-Minowa Official For "Kamikaze" Icon_minitimeWed 04 Apr 2007, 10:32 am

wandy's fighting igor vovchanchyn!
Back to top Go down
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Fujita-Monson, Frye-Minowa Official For "Kamikaze"   Fujita-Monson, Frye-Minowa Official For "Kamikaze" Icon_minitimeWed 04 Apr 2007, 1:49 pm

I wanna talk to sampson wrote:

no easy fights for him!
Back to top Go down
Seth
Contender
Contender
Seth

Male

PostSubject: Re: Fujita-Monson, Frye-Minowa Official For "Kamikaze"   Fujita-Monson, Frye-Minowa Official For "Kamikaze" Icon_minitimeWed 04 Apr 2007, 3:51 pm

There's a name I haven't heard in sometime. Ice Cold Igor Vovchanchyn vs The Axe Murderer Wanderlei Silva.

Sounds good to me.

I like both fighters, though it seems like Igor never really got a chance at any title when he was close to the heavyweights Cro Cop kicked the shit out of him and after he dropped down to 205 he was doing rather well til the 2005 middleweight GP.

I beleive it's a must win for both men but maybe more so for wanderlei if he wants that rematch with Hendo.

Also How old is Igor?
Back to top Go down
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Fujita-Monson, Frye-Minowa Official For "Kamikaze"   Fujita-Monson, Frye-Minowa Official For "Kamikaze" Icon_minitimeWed 04 Apr 2007, 8:04 pm

I read a story once that when Igor was a boy in his home village they would ring the church bell when he was angry so people could hide!!! that’s funny!
Back to top Go down
Seth
Contender
Contender
Seth

Male

PostSubject: Re: Fujita-Monson, Frye-Minowa Official For "Kamikaze"   Fujita-Monson, Frye-Minowa Official For "Kamikaze" Icon_minitimeWed 04 Apr 2007, 8:18 pm

JoeDaddy wrote:

I read a story once that when Igor was a boy in his home village they would ring the church bell when he was angry so people could hide!!! that’s funny!

LMAO
Back to top Go down
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Fujita-Monson, Frye-Minowa Official For "Kamikaze"   Fujita-Monson, Frye-Minowa Official For "Kamikaze" Icon_minitimeWed 04 Apr 2007, 8:21 pm

thats one bad ass kid! lol
Back to top Go down
Seth
Contender
Contender
Seth

Male

PostSubject: Re: Fujita-Monson, Frye-Minowa Official For "Kamikaze"   Fujita-Monson, Frye-Minowa Official For "Kamikaze" Icon_minitimeWed 04 Apr 2007, 8:22 pm

Perhaps he should have been called rampage
Back to top Go down
Andy
Defending Champ
Defending Champ
Andy

Male
Number of posts : 744

PostSubject: Re: Fujita-Monson, Frye-Minowa Official For "Kamikaze"   Fujita-Monson, Frye-Minowa Official For "Kamikaze" Icon_minitimeWed 04 Apr 2007, 9:43 pm

It wasn't a problem for a skilled fighter like RAMPAGE, WANDY MIGHT HAVE PROBLEMS WITH HIM-JK-LOL
Back to top Go down
Seth
Contender
Contender
Seth

Male

PostSubject: Re: Fujita-Monson, Frye-Minowa Official For "Kamikaze"   Fujita-Monson, Frye-Minowa Official For "Kamikaze" Icon_minitimeWed 04 Apr 2007, 10:50 pm

When was the last time Igor had a fight?
Back to top Go down
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Fujita-Monson, Frye-Minowa Official For "Kamikaze"   Fujita-Monson, Frye-Minowa Official For "Kamikaze" Icon_minitimeThu 05 Apr 2007, 12:16 am

it looks like 2005
Back to top Go down
Seth
Contender
Contender
Seth

Male

PostSubject: Re: Fujita-Monson, Frye-Minowa Official For "Kamikaze"   Fujita-Monson, Frye-Minowa Official For "Kamikaze" Icon_minitimeThu 05 Apr 2007, 12:57 am

JoeDaddy wrote:
it looks like 2005

Ring Rust much?
Back to top Go down
Seth
Contender
Contender
Seth

Male

PostSubject: Re: Fujita-Monson, Frye-Minowa Official For "Kamikaze"   Fujita-Monson, Frye-Minowa Official For "Kamikaze" Icon_minitimeFri 06 Apr 2007, 2:12 am

PRIDE.34 - KAMIKAZE -
April 8th, 2007 3:00AM ET/ 12:00PT
Please check your local listings!!! It's a must!!!

2 more days and the final event as DREAM STAGE ENTERTAINMENT before becoming PRIDE WORLD WIDE...

I have been running around Tokyo for meetings with satellite coordinators around the clock (you guys better buy PPV/ PRIDE OnDemand!!!), translating, transcribing, and just running around.

I have also been to the edit suites of the fighter videos and opening videos, and it's REALLY NICE (a la Borat). Since it's live this time, everyone gets the Japanese version of videos, which is usually cut out in the USA PPV.

Anyway, here's the line-up so far. Announcements will be made soon. And please don't ask me questions about who Yvel is fighting, or if Wanderlei is on the card. I will be out of the office all day today and will never get back to your messages.

- Shinya Aoki VS. Brian Loanjoe
- Sokoudjou VS. Ricardo Arona
- Makoto Takimoto VS. Zelg Benkei Galesic
- Butterbean VS. Zulu
- Gilbert Yvel VS. TBA (Ataev has injury and is out of the card)
- Kazuyuki Fujita VS. Jeff Monson
- Yoshihiro "Kiss" Nakao VS. Edson Drago
- Don Frye VS. James Thompson

As many people would say, "on paper, it looks so-so/bad/crappy/not up to par with previous PRIDE events", but when they actually come to the event, people end up going home saying "it's the best f***ing event eva!!!"

Anyway.

Get together with friends, order the PPV, drink, eat, do whatever.

-Oko
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fujita-Monson, Frye-Minowa Official For "Kamikaze"   Fujita-Monson, Frye-Minowa Official For "Kamikaze" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fujita-Monson, Frye-Minowa Official For "Kamikaze"
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next