MMA (Boston)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MMA (Boston)

Anything MMA related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

David Heath Apologizes for “Boring” UFC 70 Fight

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male
Number of posts : 1452
Registration date : 2007-03-29

David Heath Apologizes for “Boring” UFC 70 Fight Empty
PostSubject: David Heath Apologizes for “Boring” UFC 70 Fight   David Heath Apologizes for “Boring” UFC 70 Fight Icon_minitimeTue 24 Apr 2007, 2:13 pm

David Heath Apologizes for “Boring” UFC 70 Fight 070424heath

First off I want to apologize for the UFC pulling the fight off the air. I understand the move, but it was a shitty deal nonetheless.

The fight itself was the most boring and frustrating thing I have been a part of. Machida has an extremely fast backpedal, and I couldn’t bait him to throw more than single strikes in between, so for the first 13 minutes, I’m sure it was like watching paint dry.

He landed a few nice kicks in the first round and a glancing jab to my left eye that opened a small cut. I think I landed a spinning back-fist counter and a counter left hook, but you could count on one hand the strikes that were landed in the first round.

The second round was about the same. Boring, boring, boring. I remember going for more strikes I think, and I don’t remember ever getting hit with anything that I thought was big.

The third round was about the same till about two minutes left. I knew that I had probably lost the first two, so I tried anything I could to push the action. That desperation got me in trouble as I ate a big knee in the clench that caught me before I could tighten up, and it knocked every ounce of air out of me. To be honest, I don’t know how I didn’t go down from that alone. I couldn’t stay upright as much as I tried and leaned over into several knees. At least one — probably more than that — caught me and hurt me, causing me to stumble back, and eventually I went to my back as Machida rushed in. Keep in mind I still can’t breath, and I was sure that I had lost a front tooth, but I think that was just the pop of one going through my lip.

Machida did his best to finish me off in the last minute or so, landing what felt like some damn good shots on the ground, and about the time I got my composure and could breath, it was over.

I give full credit to Ryoto even though I don’t understand his ultra-boring style. He is very fast and ridiculously cautious. I wouldn’t wish his style on anyone, and I would have never chosen to fight that style. But I was asked a favor, so I took a chance. I thought I could beat the guy, but that day, it wasn’t in the cards. My only regret is being involved in such a boring fight.

Thanks again to all who have and continue to support me.
-David Heath
Back to top Go down
http://mma-boston.niceboard.com
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male

PostSubject: Re: David Heath Apologizes for “Boring” UFC 70 Fight   David Heath Apologizes for “Boring” UFC 70 Fight Icon_minitimeTue 24 Apr 2007, 2:24 pm

I think Dana should take money away for fights like this one and Arlovski vs. wordum i mean come on this is not boxing jab and run fuc that!
Back to top Go down
Seth
Contender
Contender
Seth

Male
Number of posts : 223

PostSubject: Re: David Heath Apologizes for “Boring” UFC 70 Fight   David Heath Apologizes for “Boring” UFC 70 Fight Icon_minitimeTue 24 Apr 2007, 7:10 pm

Like I said before fine KOS and teh Hippie for being so boring
Back to top Go down
Andy
Defending Champ
Defending Champ
Andy

Male
Number of posts : 744

PostSubject: Re: David Heath Apologizes for “Boring” UFC 70 Fight   David Heath Apologizes for “Boring” UFC 70 Fight Icon_minitimeTue 24 Apr 2007, 7:39 pm

First of all if you don't give the crowd any blood in a BLOOD SPORT you are gonna be booed!! If you take half naked pictures with other guys you are Diego Sanchez.
Back to top Go down
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male

PostSubject: Re: David Heath Apologizes for “Boring” UFC 70 Fight   David Heath Apologizes for “Boring” UFC 70 Fight Icon_minitimeWed 25 Apr 2007, 1:49 am

what did you say!!!! LMAO
David Heath Apologizes for “Boring” UFC 70 Fight Motivator178347811
Back to top Go down
Andy
Defending Champ
Defending Champ
Andy

Male
Number of posts : 744

PostSubject: Re: David Heath Apologizes for “Boring” UFC 70 Fight   David Heath Apologizes for “Boring” UFC 70 Fight Icon_minitimeWed 25 Apr 2007, 2:16 am

SWEET TIMING JDIDDY!!!!
Back to top Go down
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male

PostSubject: Re: David Heath Apologizes for “Boring” UFC 70 Fight   David Heath Apologizes for “Boring” UFC 70 Fight Icon_minitimeWed 25 Apr 2007, 4:44 pm

I had to have your back on that one bro!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: David Heath Apologizes for “Boring” UFC 70 Fight   David Heath Apologizes for “Boring” UFC 70 Fight Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1