MMA (Boston)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MMA (Boston)

Anything MMA related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Heath Herring Offered UFC 82 Fight with Cheick Kongo

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male
Number of posts : 1452
Registration date : 2007-03-29

Heath Herring Offered UFC 82 Fight with Cheick Kongo Empty
PostSubject: Heath Herring Offered UFC 82 Fight with Cheick Kongo   Heath Herring Offered UFC 82 Fight with Cheick Kongo Icon_minitimeSat 05 Jan 2008, 9:18 am

Heath Herring Offered UFC 82 Fight with Cheick Kongo 070402herring

Rising heavyweight contender Cheick Kongo (11-3-1 MMA, 4-1 UFC) may meet veteran fighter Heath Herring (27-13 MMA, 1-2 UFC) at UFC 82 — an event that takes place March 1 at Nationwide Arena in Columbus, Ohio.

A source close to Herring told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) that the fighter had been offered the rumored bout, plans to accept it, but hasn’t yet signed to make it official.

Neither Herring nor Kongo could immediately be reached for comment.
For Kongo, a victory could thrust the French fighter into immediate title contention. Aside from a close split-decision loss to Carmelo Marrero at UFC 64, Kongo has posted a spotless record in the UFC. The success peaked with an upset unanimous-decision victory over Mirko “Cro Cop” Filipovic at UFC 75 in September.

Kongo had been a rumored opponent for former UFC heavyweight champion Tim Sylvia. Sylvia himself even campaigned for the fight in a post-UFC 77 press conference. However, the former champ was instead tapped to fight Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira at UFC 81 next month for the UFC’s interim heavyweight title.

As for Herring, he’ll return to the octagon for the first time since his July loss to Nogueira. After flooring the former PRIDE heavyweight champion with a first-round head kick, Herring backed off from his opponent and allowed him time to recover. Nogueira stormed back for the unanimous-decision victory, and Herring opted to take a short break from competition after the loss.

Herring originally signed on with the UFC a year ago after the UFC purchased — and disbanded — the World Fighting Alliance promotion. He made his UFC debut with an upset loss to Jake O’Brien in January but rebounded for an entertaining unanimous-decision victory over Brad Imes in April.

UFC 82 is headlined by a title fight between UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva and former PRIDE standout Dan Henderson. For the latest UFC 82 fight card, check out the UFC Rumors section of MMAjunkie.com.
Back to top Go down
http://mma-boston.niceboard.com
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male
Number of posts : 1452

PostSubject: Re: Heath Herring Offered UFC 82 Fight with Cheick Kongo   Heath Herring Offered UFC 82 Fight with Cheick Kongo Icon_minitimeSat 05 Jan 2008, 9:19 am

I like Herring in this match up and let me tell you why! Herring has equally good stand up if not better but the big advantage is he is just as big and strong as Congo and can take him down easy where he will be at a great advantage over the one dimensional Congo! I like Herring to get back on the winning side of things here!
Back to top Go down
http://mma-boston.niceboard.com
I wanna talk to sampson
Champion
Champion
I wanna talk to sampson

Number of posts : 355

PostSubject: Re: Heath Herring Offered UFC 82 Fight with Cheick Kongo   Heath Herring Offered UFC 82 Fight with Cheick Kongo Icon_minitimeSat 05 Jan 2008, 10:59 am

i'm with you jdiddy. i just like herring as a fighter. nothing but class and has all the tools to be a legit heavyweight contender.
Back to top Go down
Andy
Defending Champ
Defending Champ
Andy

Male
Number of posts : 744

PostSubject: Re: Heath Herring Offered UFC 82 Fight with Cheick Kongo   Heath Herring Offered UFC 82 Fight with Cheick Kongo Icon_minitimeSat 05 Jan 2008, 1:40 pm

I like Herring as a person, he is a hell of a nice guy and has treated MMA BOSTON well in the past,...I try to speak nothing but positive things about him so I will hold my tongue when speaking on the outcome of this fight-
Back to top Go down
DennisN
Top Prospect
Top Prospect
DennisN

Male
Number of posts : 199

PostSubject: Re: Heath Herring Offered UFC 82 Fight with Cheick Kongo   Heath Herring Offered UFC 82 Fight with Cheick Kongo Icon_minitimeSat 05 Jan 2008, 6:01 pm

Andy wrote:
I like Herring as a person, he is a hell of a nice guy and has treated MMA BOSTON well in the past,...I try to speak nothing but positive things about him so I will hold my tongue when speaking on the outcome of this fight-

I hear ya barking, dog! Cough cough, cheick, cough cough.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/quizrox
Andy
Defending Champ
Defending Champ
Andy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Heath Herring Offered UFC 82 Fight with Cheick Kongo   Heath Herring Offered UFC 82 Fight with Cheick Kongo Icon_minitimeSat 05 Jan 2008, 6:20 pm

HAHAHAHA!!! I'm glad we understand each other Diamond D!!
Back to top Go down
I wanna talk to sampson
Champion
Champion
I wanna talk to sampson

Number of posts : 355

PostSubject: Re: Heath Herring Offered UFC 82 Fight with Cheick Kongo   Heath Herring Offered UFC 82 Fight with Cheick Kongo Icon_minitimeSat 05 Jan 2008, 7:48 pm

DennisN wrote:
Andy wrote:

I hear ya barking, dog! Cough cough, cheick, cough cough.
heath hears you guys.
Back to top Go down
Andy
Defending Champ
Defending Champ
Andy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Heath Herring Offered UFC 82 Fight with Cheick Kongo   Heath Herring Offered UFC 82 Fight with Cheick Kongo Icon_minitimeSat 05 Jan 2008, 8:01 pm

I WANT you to win Heath,..you are a damn good guy- Don't mind Sammy he is a trouble maker! LOL!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heath Herring Offered UFC 82 Fight with Cheick Kongo   Heath Herring Offered UFC 82 Fight with Cheick Kongo Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Heath Herring Offered UFC 82 Fight with Cheick Kongo
Page 1 of 1