MMA (Boston)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MMA (Boston)

Anything MMA related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Jens Pulve eyes next fight!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male
Number of posts : 1452
Registration date : 2007-03-29

Jens Pulve eyes next fight! Empty
PostSubject: Jens Pulve eyes next fight!   Jens Pulve eyes next fight! Icon_minitimeTue 01 Jul 2008, 1:21 pm

Jens Pulve eyes next fight! Gal_JensPulver

Current WEC featherweight Jens “Lil’ Evil” Pulver claims a matchup with Alexandre “Pequeno” Nogueira makes the most sense for both fighters:

“He’s been in a lot of wars and has been around for a long time,” Pulver said. “He’s still a top fighter, and with both of us coming off losses, it’s a perfect fight for one of us to get right back up there in the division and one of us becomes a journeyman.”
Coming in as a highly-touted 7x Shooto champ, Nogueira lost his debut WEC bout in a minor upset to fellow Brazilian Jose Aldo at WEC 34. Pulver headlined the same event, losing a title bout by unanimous decision to Urijah Faber. The UFC’s first lightweight champion also talks about his fight for the featherweight belt and how his training may have backfired:

“I spent so much time working on getting well-rounded, I never sharpened anything…people got on me because it seemed like I never tried to hurt him. I thought I hurt him, but then he’d come back firing, so I didn’t know if I had him hurt.”
Pulver continues to reveal fighting with a cracked elbow after the second round, reviewed his performance against a “bigger, faster” fighter and voices his wish to return to action by October. A matchup with Nogueira probably won’t produce fireworks like his title bout against Faber, but the contrast in styles between the two fighters should make for a solid tilt. All in all, a very interesting read from one of MMA’s more well-spoken veterans.

http://fiveouncesofpain.com/
Back to top Go down
http://mma-boston.niceboard.com

Jens Pulve eyes next fight!
Page 1 of 1