MMA (Boston)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MMA (Boston)

Anything MMA related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Victorious Chris Lytle Says He Turned Down UFC Fight Night!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male
Number of posts : 1452
Registration date : 2007-03-29

Victorious Chris Lytle Says He Turned Down UFC Fight Night! Empty
PostSubject: Victorious Chris Lytle Says He Turned Down UFC Fight Night!   Victorious Chris Lytle Says He Turned Down UFC Fight Night! Icon_minitimeSun 12 Aug 2007, 2:11 pm

Victorious Chris Lytle Says He Turned Down UFC Fight Night! Chrislytle_jan707

Lytle preferred to fight Matt Brown before a hometown Indiana crowd last night rather than Mike Swick in the main event at UFC Fight Night 11 next month, according to Sherdog.com.

Lytle defeated Brown via submission (guillotine choke) in round two before a large crowd at the Conseco Fieldhouse.
Here’s a snip from “Lights Out:”

“They (UFC) had talked about me doing that, but I told them I already had a thing in Indianapolis. I was like they aren’t that close together and maybe do both, but Spike wouldn’t allow it. They wanted me to fight Mike Swick, but they were like ‘you can’t do both.’”
Swick — who is making his debut at welterweight — was working on a deal to rematch Chris Leben. That match up fell through, however, when Leben opted to instead face Terry Martin on the same card.

With not too many options left on the table, including Lytle, UFC matchmaker Joe Silva paired Swick up with Canadian Jonathan Goulet.
Lytle is still on the Zuffa payroll but was apparently granted permission by the organization to compete in the United Fight League event that took place in Indianapolis.

The UFC Fight Night 11 main event is now a lightweight showdown between Kenny Florian and Din Thomas. To check out the latest fight card click here.
Back to top Go down
http://mma-boston.niceboard.com

Victorious Chris Lytle Says He Turned Down UFC Fight Night!
Page 1 of 1