MMA (Boston)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MMA (Boston)

Anything MMA related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Spencer Fisher: I’m Out of UFC Fight Night 11 Main Event

Go down 
AuthorMessage
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male
Number of posts : 1452
Registration date : 2007-03-29

Spencer Fisher: I’m Out of UFC Fight Night 11 Main Event Empty
PostSubject: Spencer Fisher: I’m Out of UFC Fight Night 11 Main Event   Spencer Fisher: I’m Out of UFC Fight Night 11 Main Event Icon_minitimeTue 07 Aug 2007, 1:12 pm

Spencer Fisher: I’m Out of UFC Fight Night 11 Main Event Ultimatefightnight10

Would-be UFC Fight Night 11 headliner Spencer Fisher (20-3 MMA, 5-2 UFC) has developed a staph infection and will no longer be able to compete at the Sept. 19 event.

That’s the word from the latest bulletin posted by the UFC lightweight.
Spencer was supposed to face MMA veteran and “The Ultimate Fighter 4” cast member Din Thomas (20-6 MMA, 5-2 UFC) in the nationally televised event.

According to his MySpace.com bulletin:

Hey everybody. I just want all of you to know that I am out of my fight in September with Din due to a staph infection in my knee.
It’s too early for a replacement to have been named. However, depending on the marketability of the fighter (or lack thereof), there’s always the possibility that the bout could be dropped in the order. For example, the Mike Swick-Jonathan Goulet bout or a Chris Leben-Terry Martin fight could be bumped to the main event instead.
Back to top Go down
http://mma-boston.niceboard.com
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male
Number of posts : 1452
Registration date : 2007-03-29

Spencer Fisher: I’m Out of UFC Fight Night 11 Main Event Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spencer Fisher: I’m Out of UFC Fight Night 11 Main Event   Spencer Fisher: I’m Out of UFC Fight Night 11 Main Event Icon_minitimeTue 07 Aug 2007, 2:44 pm

Spencer Fisher: I’m Out of UFC Fight Night 11 Main Event 070723mcfedries

Spencer Fisher apparently isn’t the only Miletich Fighting Systems fighter struck by a staph infection. Teammates Drew McFedries and Tim Sylvia have also been infected, and McFedries still remains hospitalized,

According to Fisher, at least two other MFS fighters — heavy-handed middleweight Drew McFedries and former UFC heavyweight champion Tim Sylvia — have also been infected. McFedries remains in the hospital and has had a [sizable] piece of his leg removed, according to Fisher. His rumored October bout with Marvin Eastman at UFC 77 also appears in jeopardy.
All three fights train at MFS in Bettendorf, Iowa.
Back to top Go down
http://mma-boston.niceboard.com

Spencer Fisher: I’m Out of UFC Fight Night 11 Main Event
Page 1 of 1