MMA (Boston)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MMA (Boston)

Anything MMA related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Update: Sean Sherk files for extension on steroid appeal!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male
Number of posts : 1452
Registration date : 2007-03-29

Update: Sean Sherk files for extension on steroid appeal! Empty
PostSubject: Update: Sean Sherk files for extension on steroid appeal!   Update: Sean Sherk files for extension on steroid appeal! Icon_minitimeMon 06 Aug 2007, 2:51 pm

Update: Sean Sherk files for extension on steroid appeal! Sean_sherk

The answer for which we have all been waiting weeks to hear is going to take a little while longer. About two months, in fact.

UFC Lightweight Champion Sean Sherk filed for an extension with the California State Athletic Commission (CSAC) regarding his appeal hearing on allegations of steroid use, according to Sherdog.com.

Sherk was scheduled to plead his case on Monday, August 6. Now, it looks like a resolution on the matter will not be determined until sometime in October — the next available date on the CSAC docket.
Here’s a snip from Sherk:

“I don’t want this to take any longer than it has to, but I hired my lawyer just a couple of weeks ago. I want to get this done as soon as possible so I can fight B.J. [Penn] in November, but the next hearing wouldn’t be until October.”
Both samples takes from “The Muscle Shark” prior to his bout with Hermes Franca at UFC 73 tested positive for traces of the banned illegal anabolic steroid known as nandrolone.

He faces a fine and year-long suspension, as well as the prospect of having to forfeit his 155-pound belt.

This latest news casts an even darker shadow over the possible opponent for Penn at UFC 78 in November.

Will the UFC wait for the decision — just one month before the event — to announce the showdown? Will Penn face new opponent? Or, will Penn just be put on hold altogether until the status of Sherk is determined?
Back to top Go down
http://mma-boston.niceboard.com
Andy
Defending Champ
Defending Champ
Andy

Male
Number of posts : 744

PostSubject: Re: Update: Sean Sherk files for extension on steroid appeal!   Update: Sean Sherk files for extension on steroid appeal! Icon_minitimeTue 07 Aug 2007, 1:56 am

Hermes knew he messed up, Sherk is fighting it because he knows he didn't! INNOCENT-IMO
Back to top Go down
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male
Number of posts : 1452

PostSubject: Re: Update: Sean Sherk files for extension on steroid appeal!   Update: Sean Sherk files for extension on steroid appeal! Icon_minitimeTue 07 Aug 2007, 1:09 pm

Yeah or he plans on dragging it out until the lines are blurred! But I think he will be found clean!
Back to top Go down
http://mma-boston.niceboard.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Update: Sean Sherk files for extension on steroid appeal!   Update: Sean Sherk files for extension on steroid appeal! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Update: Sean Sherk files for extension on steroid appeal!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MMA (Boston) :: Ultimate Fighting Championships News-
Jump to: