MMA (Boston)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MMA (Boston)

Anything MMA related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Sean Sherk: “I Have Never Cheated”

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male
Number of posts : 1452
Registration date : 2007-03-29

Sean Sherk: “I Have Never Cheated” Empty
PostSubject: Sean Sherk: “I Have Never Cheated”   Sean Sherk: “I Have Never Cheated” Icon_minitimeMon 23 Jul 2007, 4:26 pm

Sean Sherk: “I Have Never Cheated” 070708sherk

UFC lightweight champion Sean Sherk, who tested positive for Nandrolone Metabolite in a UFC 73 drug test, has released a statement saying he never cheated and never used steroids or banned substances.

Last week, the California State Athletic Commission reported that the normal levels of Nandrolone — which the body naturally produces — range from 2 ng/mL for an average person to 6 ng/mL for an athlete engaged in rigorous activity. Both Sherk’s “A” and “B” samples showed levels of 12 ng/mL, according to the CSAC.

However, Sherk maintains his innocence.

As he stated:

“At the present time I cannot explain the positive drug test in Sacramento California. I know I have never used any steroids or any other banned substances, I am investigating possible causes of my positive test with my attorney. I have never cheated, all of my success has come from hard work and dedication to my sport.“
Sherk has retained attorney Los Angeles attorney Howard Jacobs, who’s represented some of the sporting world’s biggest names in doping cases.
Sherk — and his UFC 73 opponent Hermes Franca, who also tested positive for an anabolic steroid — will appeal the one-year suspensions and $2,500 fines at a hearing on Aug. 6. According to the CSAC, Wes Combs, Danny Batchelder, James Toney and Phil Baroni — who all tested positive for banned substances in non-UFC MMA events — will also appeal their violations at the hearing.

Franca admitted in a statement last week that he used steroids to speed up his recovery from an injury as he prepared for his UFC 73 title fight with Sherk.

Sherk retained the belt with a unanimous-decision win over Franca at the July 7 event.

He won the vacant lightweight title by defeating Kenny Florian at UFC 64,
Back to top Go down
http://mma-boston.niceboard.com
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Sean Sherk: “I Have Never Cheated”   Sean Sherk: “I Have Never Cheated” Icon_minitimeMon 23 Jul 2007, 4:36 pm

I still say Sherk my be the lone guy to get this over turned!
Back to top Go down
Andy
Defending Champ
Defending Champ
Andy

Male
Number of posts : 744

PostSubject: Re: Sean Sherk: “I Have Never Cheated”   Sean Sherk: “I Have Never Cheated” Icon_minitimeMon 23 Jul 2007, 8:31 pm

Sherk is the first guy out of all of them that I think got screwed somehow! He is to much of a straight legit type of dude to do juice! Of course i'm not stupid, crazier things have happened!
Back to top Go down
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Sean Sherk: “I Have Never Cheated”   Sean Sherk: “I Have Never Cheated” Icon_minitimeMon 23 Jul 2007, 10:24 pm

Yeah I will give him the benefit of the doubt here!
Back to top Go down
Andy
Defending Champ
Defending Champ
Andy

Male
Number of posts : 744

PostSubject: Re: Sean Sherk: “I Have Never Cheated”   Sean Sherk: “I Have Never Cheated” Icon_minitimeTue 24 Jul 2007, 12:58 am

Well if his levels are that of a very active person then they should watch his workouts!! HE DOES TWICE WHAT EVERYONE DOES!!!
Back to top Go down
fuzz203

PostSubject: Re: Sean Sherk: “I Have Never Cheated”   Sean Sherk: “I Have Never Cheated” Icon_minitimeTue 24 Jul 2007, 8:17 am

I don't think he cheated. Maybe a mix-up or his baseline levels are that high. I don't think Sherk would pollute his body like that....
Back to top Go down
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Sean Sherk: “I Have Never Cheated”   Sean Sherk: “I Have Never Cheated” Icon_minitimeTue 24 Jul 2007, 11:15 am

Yeah it just doesn’t make since for him to do that! He just beat Florian and did it clean, and as far as I know has never tested dirty!
Back to top Go down
shane
Noob
Noob
shane

Male
Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2007-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Sean Sherk: “I Have Never Cheated”   Sean Sherk: “I Have Never Cheated” Icon_minitimeSat 28 Jul 2007, 7:05 pm

come on guys! he a cheat he cheated against florien but managed to get away with it some how he is probably doing cycles and comes off before a fight
Back to top Go down
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Sean Sherk: “I Have Never Cheated”   Sean Sherk: “I Have Never Cheated” Icon_minitimeSat 28 Jul 2007, 9:44 pm

we shall see he has his appeal heard on the 6th of august!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sean Sherk: “I Have Never Cheated”   Sean Sherk: “I Have Never Cheated” Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sean Sherk: “I Have Never Cheated”
Page 1 of 1