MMA (Boston)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MMA (Boston)

Anything MMA related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

UFC Fight Night: Spencer Fisher vs. Marcus Aurelio

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male
Number of posts : 1452
Registration date : 2007-03-29

UFC Fight Night: Spencer Fisher vs. Marcus Aurelio Empty
PostSubject: UFC Fight Night: Spencer Fisher vs. Marcus Aurelio   UFC Fight Night: Spencer Fisher vs. Marcus Aurelio Icon_minitimeTue 08 Jan 2008, 8:33 pm

UFC Fight Night: Spencer Fisher vs. Marcus Aurelio Spencerfisher-marcusaurelio

Lightweights Spencer Fisher (20-4) and Marcus Aurelio (15-5) will fight on the UFC Fight Night card set for April 2, according to FightNetwork.com.

The SpikeTV special will possibly return to Colorado for the first time since 1995, according to the report and a recent Web site update from Stephan Bonnar right here.

Of course, the “American Psycho” is penciled in to take on Matt Hamill that same night in a light heavyweight tilt. In addition, 155-pounders Kenny Florian and Joe Lauzon are expected to headline the show.

Fisher has had a rough go his last few times inside the Octagon. He was outwrestled and outhustled against Frank Edgar at UFC 78: “Validation” in November, came out on top of a slugfest with Sam Stout at UFC Fight Night 10 in June and was stopped by Hermes Franca at UFC Fight Night 8 in January.

In addition, he sustained a serious staph infection that forced him to withdraw from a bout with Kenny Florian at UFC Fight Night 11 in September.

Aurelio — a former standout in Pride FC and who trains with the prestigious American Top Team camp — has also had his own recent ups and downs.

In fact, he has uncharacteristically dropped three of his last four bouts — albeit to top-level competion such as Clay Guida, Takanori Gomi and Mitsuhiro Ishida. “Maximus” most recently defeated Luke Caudillo via first round technical knockout at UFC 78.

Great line up of fights thus far. Stay tuned for more updates.

source: http://mmamania.com/
Back to top Go down
http://mma-boston.niceboard.com
I wanna talk to sampson
Champion
Champion
I wanna talk to sampson

Number of posts : 355

PostSubject: Re: UFC Fight Night: Spencer Fisher vs. Marcus Aurelio   UFC Fight Night: Spencer Fisher vs. Marcus Aurelio Icon_minitimeWed 09 Jan 2008, 12:04 am

gotta love these fight nights!!!
Back to top Go down
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male

PostSubject: Re: UFC Fight Night: Spencer Fisher vs. Marcus Aurelio   UFC Fight Night: Spencer Fisher vs. Marcus Aurelio Icon_minitimeWed 09 Jan 2008, 3:27 am

Yeah another tough match up for Spence here!
Back to top Go down
I wanna talk to sampson
Champion
Champion
I wanna talk to sampson

PostSubject: Re: UFC Fight Night: Spencer Fisher vs. Marcus Aurelio   UFC Fight Night: Spencer Fisher vs. Marcus Aurelio Icon_minitimeWed 09 Jan 2008, 10:44 am

yeah it is. i gots to go with spencer though. i've gotta see that guy bust out some more standup like he did against stout. i'm hopin!
Back to top Go down
Andy
Defending Champ
Defending Champ
Andy

Male
Number of posts : 744

PostSubject: Re: UFC Fight Night: Spencer Fisher vs. Marcus Aurelio   UFC Fight Night: Spencer Fisher vs. Marcus Aurelio Icon_minitimeWed 09 Jan 2008, 11:30 am

This fight night card looks better than the PPV! On a side note is anyone else hoping to see Josh Koscheck get his ass beat in his first appearance back from his GSP defeat?
Back to top Go down
Andy
Defending Champ
Defending Champ
Andy

Male

PostSubject: Re: UFC Fight Night: Spencer Fisher vs. Marcus Aurelio   UFC Fight Night: Spencer Fisher vs. Marcus Aurelio Icon_minitimeWed 09 Jan 2008, 1:37 pm

Also I wonder what kinda gameplan Spencer is putting together because he was exposed in his last fight with poor takedown defense and what sorta looked like bad conditioning to go with bad wrestling!!!!
Back to top Go down
I wanna talk to sampson
Champion
Champion
I wanna talk to sampson

PostSubject: Re: UFC Fight Night: Spencer Fisher vs. Marcus Aurelio   UFC Fight Night: Spencer Fisher vs. Marcus Aurelio Icon_minitimeThu 10 Jan 2008, 12:14 pm

thou shall not hate on fisher. it was the staph and i'm sticking to it. and yes, i will be praying to the metal gods that kos gets thoughts of moving to a different weight class after this fight.
Back to top Go down
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male

PostSubject: Re: UFC Fight Night: Spencer Fisher vs. Marcus Aurelio   UFC Fight Night: Spencer Fisher vs. Marcus Aurelio Icon_minitimeThu 10 Jan 2008, 7:18 pm

Here’s the latest on the UFC Fight Night 13 event:

• Kenny Florian vs. Joe Lauzon
  • Marcus Aurelio vs. Spencer Fisher
  • Matt Hamill vs. Stephan Bonnar
Back to top Go down
Andy
Defending Champ
Defending Champ
Andy

Male

PostSubject: Re: UFC Fight Night: Spencer Fisher vs. Marcus Aurelio   UFC Fight Night: Spencer Fisher vs. Marcus Aurelio Icon_minitimeThu 10 Jan 2008, 11:12 pm

I dig that card! Hopefully Kenflo and Bonnar both get well deserved shots at a top ranked fighter after this!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UFC Fight Night: Spencer Fisher vs. Marcus Aurelio   UFC Fight Night: Spencer Fisher vs. Marcus Aurelio Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

UFC Fight Night: Spencer Fisher vs. Marcus Aurelio
Page 1 of 1