MMA (Boston)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MMA (Boston)

Anything MMA related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

More on UFC Fight Night 9’s Nate Mohr

Go down 
AuthorMessage
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male
Number of posts : 1452
Registration date : 2007-03-29

More on UFC Fight Night 9’s Nate Mohr Empty
PostSubject: More on UFC Fight Night 9’s Nate Mohr   More on UFC Fight Night 9’s Nate Mohr Icon_minitimeMon 02 Apr 2007, 2:55 pm

More on UFC Fight Night 9’s Nate Mohr 070402mohr
Yesterday I mentioned that Nate Mohr (6-3 MMA, 0-0 UFC) will fill in for Wander Braga (visa problems) and take on Kurt Pellegrino (9-2 MMA, 1-1 UFC) at Thursday’s UFC Fight Night 9 event.The lightweight matchup appears on the night’s undercard.Unfortunately, not a whole lot was known initially about Mohr. And, as it turns out, he’s not the 1998 fighter “Nate Moore” I first reported. (Hey, you want timely news? Prepare for the occasional brain fart, folks.)In hopes of redeeming myself, I want to pass along some additional information about the UFC newcomer. Luckily, I have a few friends in some high places who are far more generous than they probably should. Additionally, as we saw with UFCjunkie.com-sponsored fighter Sean Salmon during his UFC debut, the organization doesn’t always do the greatest job of introducing newcomers to the masses. If there’s a way I can help the cause, count me in.
With that in mind, I wanted to pass along the official questionnaire for Mohr that will soon appear on UFC.com in the fighter database.

NAME: Nate Mohr
NICKNAME: None
WEIGHT CLASS: Lightweight
HEIGHT/WEIGHT: 5-9, 155
BIRTHPLACE: Davenport, IA
FIGHTING OUT OF: Davenport, IA
LANGUAGES SPOKEN: English
STYLE: Striker
TRAINER: Jeff Curran, Doug Mango
STRENGTHS: Standup
TRAINING: Lifting, Team Training, Cardio, Basic class (BJJ, Thai boxing) — around 4-5 hours a day.
PROFESSIONAL MMA RECORD: 6-3
UFC History: Debut
Q&A
Thoughts on opponent, Kurt Pellegrino? He has a good record and a very good ground game, but I am confident in my stand up and I train the ground everyday.
When and why did you start training for fighting? When I was in college I needed to find some sort of competition and kind of just fell into fighting.
What ranks and titles have you held? I won two golden gloves last year and a couple of amateur kickboxing titles.
Do you have any heroes? I wouldn’t say heroes, but there are a lot of people I look up to.
What is your favorite technique? No favorites
What does it mean for you to fight in the UFC? It has always been a goal, but never did I think it would happen this soon.
Did you go to college and if so what degree did you earn? I graduated from Northern Iowa with a Bio/medical degree.
What was your job before you started fighting? Worked in construction and in bars.
Although some fans may scoff at Mohr’s mediocre 6-3 record, I found an interesting tidbit about his MMA debut, which turned out to be a loss.
At Extreme Challenge 53, he didn’t even know he’d be fighting.
Back to top Go down
http://mma-boston.niceboard.com
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male
Number of posts : 1452
Registration date : 2007-03-29

More on UFC Fight Night 9’s Nate Mohr Empty
PostSubject: Re: More on UFC Fight Night 9’s Nate Mohr   More on UFC Fight Night 9’s Nate Mohr Icon_minitimeMon 02 Apr 2007, 11:17 pm

anyone here of this guy?
Back to top Go down
http://mma-boston.niceboard.com

More on UFC Fight Night 9’s Nate Mohr
Page 1 of 1