MMA (Boston)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MMA (Boston)

Anything MMA related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Dan Henderson set to ‘kick ass’ against Anderson Silva

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male
Number of posts : 1452
Registration date : 2007-03-29

Dan Henderson set to ‘kick ass’ against Anderson Silva Empty
PostSubject: Dan Henderson set to ‘kick ass’ against Anderson Silva   Dan Henderson set to ‘kick ass’ against Anderson Silva Icon_minitimeMon 07 Jan 2008, 4:30 pm

Dan Henderson set to ‘kick ass’ against Anderson Silva Dan-hendo

“I’m excited. I’m ready to go kick his ass. Style-wise, I’m just a bad fight for him. He’s very tough, very talented, but he hasn’t fought anybody like me. My strength is the clinch game, and I don’t get out of position there to allow strikes. That’s what he thrives on - guys that are out of position and not very good in that clinch. For me, that’s where I’m going to beat him up, and if he gets there with me, I’m going to be taking him down and beating him up on the ground.”

– Dan Henderson sounds extremely confident going into his title fight with UFC Middleweight Champion, Anderson Silva, at UFC 82: “Pride of a Champion” on March 2 from the Nationwide Arena in Columbus, Ohio, according to a recent interview with Brawl Sports. “Dangerous” Dan feels like his has the perfect style to take out the “Spider” once and for all. Rich Franklin played the clinch game (once) … and lost twice. However, this should be a totally different fight thanks in large part to Henderson’s superb Greco Roman wrestling pedigree. Talk about an amazing must-see match up.

source: http://mmamania.com/
Back to top Go down
http://mma-boston.niceboard.com
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dan Henderson set to ‘kick ass’ against Anderson Silva   Dan Henderson set to ‘kick ass’ against Anderson Silva Icon_minitimeMon 07 Jan 2008, 4:57 pm

Thats right Andy Hendo is gtoing to kick that ass!
Back to top Go down
Andy
Defending Champ
Defending Champ
Andy

Male
Number of posts : 744

PostSubject: Re: Dan Henderson set to ‘kick ass’ against Anderson Silva   Dan Henderson set to ‘kick ass’ against Anderson Silva Icon_minitimeTue 08 Jan 2008, 1:35 am

HAHAHAHAHA!!! This title did catch my eye, I kinda figured you'd speak your piece on this as well. I feel no need to bash Henderson because he doesn't deserve it,..I have respect for him and would love to see Anderson Silvas skills be put to the test. Like I have said, I had no idea who Anderson was before he beat Chris Leben but am so impressed with what I have seen from him. You can't help but be a fan of his after beating the list of fighters that he has- You know if he didn't destroy Rich Franklins nose twice you would like him-
Back to top Go down
I wanna talk to sampson
Champion
Champion
I wanna talk to sampson

Number of posts : 355

PostSubject: Re: Dan Henderson set to ‘kick ass’ against Anderson Silva   Dan Henderson set to ‘kick ass’ against Anderson Silva Icon_minitimeTue 08 Jan 2008, 11:27 am

GGRRREEECCCOOOOO!!!!! beat that ass hendo!!
Back to top Go down
Andy
Defending Champ
Defending Champ
Andy

Male
Number of posts : 744

PostSubject: Re: Dan Henderson set to ‘kick ass’ against Anderson Silva   Dan Henderson set to ‘kick ass’ against Anderson Silva Icon_minitimeTue 08 Jan 2008, 3:49 pm

I'd be OK with Henderson winning I just don't think it is gonna happen.
Back to top Go down
boondock_saint_la
Weekend Warrior
Weekend Warrior
boondock_saint_la

Male
Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2008-01-01

PostSubject: Re: Dan Henderson set to ‘kick ass’ against Anderson Silva   Dan Henderson set to ‘kick ass’ against Anderson Silva Icon_minitimeTue 08 Jan 2008, 7:52 pm

well, i've said it once and I will say it again. I'm psyched for this fight, b/c it can go either way. I do feel Silva has the advantage stand up wise, and Hedo ground wise. Not saying that either guy has a major flaw in their stand up or ground game. I think Hendo could break the clinch if it comes to that, but if Silva gets it locked it, it could be lights out for Hendo. Hendo might be able to take Silva the distance in what ,if it goes to that, I think could be Rampage vs Hendo quality match.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/boondock_saint_la
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dan Henderson set to ‘kick ass’ against Anderson Silva   Dan Henderson set to ‘kick ass’ against Anderson Silva Icon_minitimeTue 08 Jan 2008, 8:25 pm

Greco Clinch > Thai Clinch

I got Dan in this fight he should avoid letting Silva keep him at range on the feet and Arm bars I doubt he can be choked out! But he will dominate the clinch keep Silva pined to the fence utilize the dirty boxing maybe even land a big slam or two. He will also IMO dominate the ground position eventual outlasting Silva in a 5 round decision or TKO ref stoppage…
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dan Henderson set to ‘kick ass’ against Anderson Silva   Dan Henderson set to ‘kick ass’ against Anderson Silva Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dan Henderson set to ‘kick ass’ against Anderson Silva
Page 1 of 1