MMA (Boston)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MMA (Boston)

Anything MMA related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Silva embraces the challenge of fighting in Cincinnati!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male
Number of posts : 1452
Registration date : 2007-03-29

Silva embraces the challenge of fighting in Cincinnati! Empty
PostSubject: Silva embraces the challenge of fighting in Cincinnati!   Silva embraces the challenge of fighting in Cincinnati! Icon_minitimeTue 28 Aug 2007, 10:53 pm

Silva embraces the challenge of fighting in Cincinnati! Andersonsilva

UFC 77 in Cincinnati, Ohio, is dubbed “Hostile Territory” for a reason: Former middleweight champion and hometown hero, Rich Franklin, will look to reclaim his 185-pound title from current titleholder, Anderson Silva.

The October 20 showdown at the U.S. Bank Arena will be almost exactly one year to the day that “The Spider” crushed “Ace” en route to championship glory at UFC 64: “Unstoppable” on October 14, 2006.

So how does the Brazilian and reigning division kingpin feel about fighting Franklin in his own backyard?

It doesn’t seem to phase him, according to a recent article in the Cincinnati Enquirer.
Here’s a snip:

“As a fighter, I always get very motivated for new challenges. I can’t think of a greater challenge than fighting Rich Franklin in his hometown. I will deal with [the crowd] it like I always do - with a big smile on my face.”
One might make the case that there is more pressure on Franklin coming into this rematch, fighting in front of thousands of supporters and coming off of a devastating loss in their first encounter.
I wouldn’t call that much of an advantage. That could all change, however, if the fight goes deeper into the later rounds.
For the latest UFC 77: “Hostile Territory” fight card click here.

Last edited by on Sat 15 Sep 2007, 7:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://mma-boston.niceboard.com
DennisN
Top Prospect
Top Prospect
DennisN

Male
Number of posts : 199
Registration date : 2007-03-29

Silva embraces the challenge of fighting in Cincinnati! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silva embraces the challenge of fighting in Cincinnati!   Silva embraces the challenge of fighting in Cincinnati! Icon_minitimeFri 31 Aug 2007, 5:41 pm

Just imagine the big "OOH" from the crowd when Franklin get KO'd again.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/quizrox

Silva embraces the challenge of fighting in Cincinnati!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MMA (Boston) :: Ultimate Fighting Championships News-
Jump to: