MMA (Boston)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MMA (Boston)

Anything MMA related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Nogueira Says Anderson Silva Helped Him Get UFC Deal

Go down 
+3
DennisN
Andy
JoeDaddy
7 posters
AuthorMessage
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male
Number of posts : 1452
Registration date : 2007-03-29

Nogueira Says Anderson Silva Helped Him Get UFC Deal Empty
PostSubject: Nogueira Says Anderson Silva Helped Him Get UFC Deal   Nogueira Says Anderson Silva Helped Him Get UFC Deal Icon_minitimeFri 18 May 2007, 3:30 pm

Nogueira Says Anderson Silva Helped Him Get UFC Deal Antonio_rodrigo_nogueira

Rodrigo Minotauro
By Marcelo Alonso
"I’m 30 years old and able to negotiate my own stuffs I know what is good to me, BTT is an excellent place for me to train"

How you got your contract with UFC?

Anderson Silva got me in contact with Dana White about four months ago. But the proposal was made when I went to UFC Fight Night to help Roan Carneiro.

Why you made this decision to get a contract with UFC without BTT´s support?

I have to thank Anderson Silva, it was his idea and his manager Eddie also helped a lot. I’m 30 years old and able to negotiate my own stuffs I know what is good to me, BTT is an excellent place for me to train but I got this contract thru Anderson Silva and his manager.

It means that you are going out of BTT?

No. I didn’t take any decision to leave BTT. I’m waiting Master Murilo Bustamante arrives from ADCC. As soon as he arrives we will talk and set everything up. What happened is that I got the invitation of Mr. Dana White and couldn’t get in contact with BTT people before sign the contract, but I know it will be good to me and, if they are together with me, it will be good for them too.

In case you don’t came to an agreement and you leave BTT, will you made your own team?

I’m not thinking about that by now. As soon as Murilo returns from we will talk and came to an agreement.

How you evaluate Gonazaga´s win over Mirko?

Gonzaga was perfect and used a perfect strategy; He was superior during the whole fight. It was not just a kick. If He fights that way against Randy He has great chances to win. Gonzaga already proved in Brazil He is a top BJJ fighter and now He showed that He is also an excellent MMA fighter too.

Looks like Mirko had problems with UFC rules. How will you deal with elbows rules?

I started fighting MMA in the octagon. In the ring sometimes they stop the fight when it’s going out of the ring and that never happen in the octagon what is better for the one who looks for submissions. Elbows are not bad for me, because when the opponent tries to use elbows He will open space for my submission attacks. Also I never liked soccer kicks and stomps. I think that’s for street fights.

Is there anyone who you want to fight in UFC?

I’ll be ready to face anyone, but I always wanted to face Randy Couture who I really admire as a fighter. I saw him doing great fights with Victor, Liddell so I would love to face him.

Last edited by on Wed 08 Aug 2007, 5:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://mma-boston.niceboard.com
Andy
Defending Champ
Defending Champ
Andy

Male
Number of posts : 744

PostSubject: Re: Nogueira Says Anderson Silva Helped Him Get UFC Deal   Nogueira Says Anderson Silva Helped Him Get UFC Deal Icon_minitimeSat 19 May 2007, 1:29 am

I would love to see a bout with Randy Couture!! He may not be what he once was but he is the ultimate test for a fighters skills!!
Back to top Go down
DennisN
Top Prospect
Top Prospect
DennisN

Male
Number of posts : 199

PostSubject: Re: Nogueira Says Anderson Silva Helped Him Get UFC Deal   Nogueira Says Anderson Silva Helped Him Get UFC Deal Icon_minitimeSat 19 May 2007, 1:49 am

Andy wrote:
I would love to see a bout with Randy Couture!! He may not be what he once was but he is the ultimate test for a fighters skills!!

Word. Hopefully Randy still has the title when Nog gets his shot.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/quizrox
Seth
Contender
Contender
Seth

Male
Number of posts : 223

PostSubject: Re: Nogueira Says Anderson Silva Helped Him Get UFC Deal   Nogueira Says Anderson Silva Helped Him Get UFC Deal Icon_minitimeSat 19 May 2007, 2:27 am

DennisN wrote:
Andy wrote:

Word. Hopefully Randy still has the title when Nog gets his shot.

I think Couture will get past gonzo
Back to top Go down
Andy
Defending Champ
Defending Champ
Andy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Nogueira Says Anderson Silva Helped Him Get UFC Deal   Nogueira Says Anderson Silva Helped Him Get UFC Deal Icon_minitimeSat 19 May 2007, 2:31 am

ME TOO SETH!! I like Randys chances against Gonzo, after the fight they will be calling him GONE-O-REA
Back to top Go down
I wanna talk to sampson
Champion
Champion
I wanna talk to sampson

Number of posts : 355

PostSubject: Re: Nogueira Says Anderson Silva Helped Him Get UFC Deal   Nogueira Says Anderson Silva Helped Him Get UFC Deal Icon_minitimeSat 19 May 2007, 6:45 am

im goin with randy also. gonzo is a true test, no doubt! but, couture is just...couture. i'm done counting couture out. is that enough "couture" for you? hahahaha
Back to top Go down
Andy
Defending Champ
Defending Champ
Andy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Nogueira Says Anderson Silva Helped Him Get UFC Deal   Nogueira Says Anderson Silva Helped Him Get UFC Deal Icon_minitimeSat 19 May 2007, 1:05 pm

I would never bet against Randy after all the stunners he has pulled off! When he beat Tiko and Chuck I was sure he had a cape and a big red S on his chest!! I won't say Beating Sylvia was a stunner, I was just happier than hell to see him beat that goofy son of a bitch!! The only fighter that scares me against Randy is Cro-Cop cause all Cro cops fights are one mule kick away from being over!!
Back to top Go down
Andy
Defending Champ
Defending Champ
Andy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Nogueira Says Anderson Silva Helped Him Get UFC Deal   Nogueira Says Anderson Silva Helped Him Get UFC Deal Icon_minitimeSat 19 May 2007, 1:08 pm

P.S. QUESTION!!!!! IS EVERYONE PLANNING ON MAKING POSTS IN THE GROUP AND THE FORUM IN THERE OWN COLUMN IF THEY LOSE??? I think you'd have to because the title of a thread is part of the embarrasement!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Andy
Defending Champ
Defending Champ
Andy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Nogueira Says Anderson Silva Helped Him Get UFC Deal   Nogueira Says Anderson Silva Helped Him Get UFC Deal Icon_minitimeSat 19 May 2007, 1:11 pm

Sorry about writing this in this column but i'm in a hurry and I want to get this all in before I gotta go. .Thread column-(for example) I am a big fat bitch- Then write a short paragraph listing who you belong to. That way the winners get full enjoyment and the losers pay the FULL PRICE!!!!
Back to top Go down
DennisN
Top Prospect
Top Prospect
DennisN

Male

PostSubject: Re: Nogueira Says Anderson Silva Helped Him Get UFC Deal   Nogueira Says Anderson Silva Helped Him Get UFC Deal Icon_minitimeSat 19 May 2007, 1:30 pm

Andy wrote:
Sorry about writing this in this column but i'm in a hurry and I want to get this all in before I gotta go. .Thread column-(for example) I am a big fat bitch- Then write a short paragraph listing who you belong to. That way the winners get full enjoyment and the losers pay the FULL PRICE!!!!

Sounds fair to me. Problem is not everyone in the bet belongs to this forum. I can't wait to comment in your thread! Man, is gonna be some fun! One week and counting!!!
Back to top Go down
I wanna talk to sampson
Champion
Champion
I wanna talk to sampson

PostSubject: Re: Nogueira Says Anderson Silva Helped Him Get UFC Deal   Nogueira Says Anderson Silva Helped Him Get UFC Deal Icon_minitimeSat 19 May 2007, 2:38 pm

Andy wrote:
P.S. QUESTION!!!!! IS EVERYONE PLANNING ON MAKING POSTS IN THE GROUP AND THE FORUM IN THERE OWN COLUMN IF THEY LOSE??? I think you'd have to because the title of a thread is part of the embarrasement!!!!!
yeah, i believe that's what you guys should do on saturday.
Back to top Go down
Andy
Defending Champ
Defending Champ
Andy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Nogueira Says Anderson Silva Helped Him Get UFC Deal   Nogueira Says Anderson Silva Helped Him Get UFC Deal Icon_minitimeSat 19 May 2007, 5:14 pm

Dennis is too much!!! I'm gonna have "my old lady" Dennis's phone number up on all kinds of bathroom stalls!! He is gonna make a dollar out of fifteen cents for Daddy!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Andy
Defending Champ
Defending Champ
Andy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Nogueira Says Anderson Silva Helped Him Get UFC Deal   Nogueira Says Anderson Silva Helped Him Get UFC Deal Icon_minitimeSat 19 May 2007, 5:17 pm

Dennis and Sampson are gonna have a full column of comments!!! Just consider all my posts in your column "bitch appreciation" day!!!
Back to top Go down
Andy
Defending Champ
Defending Champ
Andy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Nogueira Says Anderson Silva Helped Him Get UFC Deal   Nogueira Says Anderson Silva Helped Him Get UFC Deal Icon_minitimeSat 19 May 2007, 5:19 pm

At least you guys are gonna be able to say your Daddy is a 2nd degree black belt in bitches!!
Back to top Go down
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male
Number of posts : 1452

PostSubject: Re: Nogueira Says Anderson Silva Helped Him Get UFC Deal   Nogueira Says Anderson Silva Helped Him Get UFC Deal Icon_minitimeWed 23 May 2007, 11:55 am

Nogueira Says Anderson Silva Helped Him Get UFC Deal Caution-Stable-Ahead
Back to top Go down
http://mma-boston.niceboard.com
Andy
Defending Champ
Defending Champ
Andy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Nogueira Says Anderson Silva Helped Him Get UFC Deal   Nogueira Says Anderson Silva Helped Him Get UFC Deal Icon_minitimeWed 23 May 2007, 1:02 pm

I have a feeling that picture is gonna haunt me for a LONG TIME!?
Back to top Go down
I wanna talk to sampson
Champion
Champion
I wanna talk to sampson

PostSubject: Re: Nogueira Says Anderson Silva Helped Him Get UFC Deal   Nogueira Says Anderson Silva Helped Him Get UFC Deal Icon_minitimeWed 23 May 2007, 2:09 pm

oh you know thats right!
Back to top Go down
DennisN
Top Prospect
Top Prospect
DennisN

Male

PostSubject: Re: Nogueira Says Anderson Silva Helped Him Get UFC Deal   Nogueira Says Anderson Silva Helped Him Get UFC Deal Icon_minitimeWed 23 May 2007, 3:16 pm

JoeDaddy wrote:
Nogueira Says Anderson Silva Helped Him Get UFC Deal Caution-Stable-Ahead

YESSSSSSSS!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Andy
Defending Champ
Defending Champ
Andy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Nogueira Says Anderson Silva Helped Him Get UFC Deal   Nogueira Says Anderson Silva Helped Him Get UFC Deal Icon_minitimeWed 23 May 2007, 4:16 pm

I gotta find a picture of the Flavor of Love Charm school for ceL to hook up!!!
Back to top Go down
DennisN
Top Prospect
Top Prospect
DennisN

Male

PostSubject: Re: Nogueira Says Anderson Silva Helped Him Get UFC Deal   Nogueira Says Anderson Silva Helped Him Get UFC Deal Icon_minitimeWed 23 May 2007, 5:41 pm

Andy wrote:

That would be pretty phat yo. I'm a big fan. For the past 3 seasons, I've had a fantasy football team called "Flavor Flav's Teeth." Yes I am a fantasy sports addict.

"New York" is a dirty ho.
Back to top Go down
Andy
Defending Champ
Defending Champ
Andy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Nogueira Says Anderson Silva Helped Him Get UFC Deal   Nogueira Says Anderson Silva Helped Him Get UFC Deal Icon_minitimeWed 23 May 2007, 6:41 pm

ME TOO!! I just won my Yahoo Fantasy basketball league and I have been playing in WHATIFSPORTS simulated baseball leagues for years!! You take players from ANY ERA, 10-pitchers and 15 position players and balance a team on a 80 miliion dollar budget!!
Back to top Go down
DennisN
Top Prospect
Top Prospect
DennisN

Male

PostSubject: Re: Nogueira Says Anderson Silva Helped Him Get UFC Deal   Nogueira Says Anderson Silva Helped Him Get UFC Deal Icon_minitimeWed 23 May 2007, 7:44 pm

Andy wrote:
ME TOO!! I just won my Yahoo Fantasy basketball league and I have been playing in WHATIFSPORTS simulated baseball leagues for years!! You take players from ANY ERA, 10-pitchers and 15 position players and balance a team on a 80 miliion dollar budget!!

I have been playing fantasy football for 8 years, baseball for 6, and basketball for 4. I won all 4 basketball leagues I was in (four) before this season. I heard of that WHATIFSPORTS thing. Sounds funky. Guess we're off topic again. Oh well.
Back to top Go down
TwisteDceL
Champion
Champion
TwisteDceL

Male
Number of posts : 481

PostSubject: Re: Nogueira Says Anderson Silva Helped Him Get UFC Deal   Nogueira Says Anderson Silva Helped Him Get UFC Deal Icon_minitimeWed 23 May 2007, 11:07 pm

Andy wrote:
hell yeah! we could call it...
Rampages School of Hardknocks
Back to top Go down
http://soulofcel.googlepages.com/home
TinaT
Weekend Warrior
Weekend Warrior
TinaT

Female
Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Nogueira Says Anderson Silva Helped Him Get UFC Deal   Nogueira Says Anderson Silva Helped Him Get UFC Deal Icon_minitimeWed 08 Aug 2007, 4:43 pm

This would be a dream fight to watch..I am a bit biased now since I met big Nog but.. I wouldnt mind it going either way..
I hope Anderson got a commision for workin the deal!! lol
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/tinayvette
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nogueira Says Anderson Silva Helped Him Get UFC Deal   Nogueira Says Anderson Silva Helped Him Get UFC Deal Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nogueira Says Anderson Silva Helped Him Get UFC Deal
Page 1 of 1