MMA (Boston)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MMA (Boston)

Anything MMA related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Full-Time Fighter: Sean Salmon Discusses UFC 71 Preparations

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male
Number of posts : 1452
Registration date : 2007-03-29

Full-Time Fighter: Sean Salmon Discusses UFC 71 Preparations Empty
PostSubject: Full-Time Fighter: Sean Salmon Discusses UFC 71 Preparations   Full-Time Fighter: Sean Salmon Discusses UFC 71 Preparations Icon_minitimeSat 31 Mar 2007, 12:22 pm

Full-Time Fighter: Sean Salmon Discusses UFC 71 Preparations 070124salmon1

I want to start by thanking everyone for the response that I got from my last blog on my loss to Rashad Evans. That is my aim every time I write, but unfortunately, I don’t always have cool things to write about. I fear this may be one of those times, but as always, I will type what I am thinking and feeling, only to read this after it is posted. I decided a long time ago not to proofread anything for fear that I may overthink and end up changing it. I want everyone who reads this to get the real me, even if some people may end up not liking it (or me).
I will start with the normal stuff. Training has been going very well. I have made the necessary changes from my last fight. I am learning that experience is worth more than I thought because I am way ahead of where I was for my first fight in the UFC.
Jorge Gurgel’s gym is one of the best in the country. That guy never slacks off, and he certainly doesn’t let anyone who is training there do it either. This past Tuesday morning was a “pros only” boxing session. It was wrapping up, and I was getting ready to shower and start my hour-and-a-half commute home. A couple guys were sparring in the cage, and Jorge came up to me and asked, “Don’t you have a fight coming up?” Obviously, I do. He let me know that I needed to be doing some work in the cage as well, and he wasn’t nice about it. I loved it. His words were just what I needed, and I ended up having one of my best boxing workouts in a long time. In fact the next day, still motivated by his intensity, I ran stairs for 30 minutes and I threw my rock around Hoover Dam for 30 minutes. Let me tell you — picking up an awkward-shaped object (weighing about 70 pounds) and throwing if for a half hour is tough, and that was only my first workout of the day.
I have also realized what I have here with this blog. I have a great opportunity to thank my sponsors. You guys have to realize that someone like me (on my first contract with the UFC) is not making a lot of money. Actually, most of my money is from sponsors right now, and things are still tight. I am sure that I could keep another job, but if I want to be a world champion, I need to be training at least two times a day. The energy spent during these workouts and the time needed to recover would make another job next to impossible. So please take the time to check out my sponsors and shop with them. Obviously, UFCjunkie.com has been great to me. I consider Dann and Iggy more friends at this point than sponsors. I called Joel Gold at Full Contact Fighter before my first fight and he jumped on board. I will always support FCF at www.fcfighter.com. also jumped on board for my first fight in the UFC. They are a big supporter of MMA and have great prices for supplements from that Web site. And last is scientificwrestling.com. Like xtremesupplements.tv they did not have a big budget to pay me from but wanted to help me and get their foot into MMA. If you have a chance, please check out these companies. I guess I am asking everyone to take a second during every fight to check out who sponsors the athlete and if you can, invest your money back into those companies. They are the ones that take care of the fighters and want to see our sport grow.
As always, if you have any subject you would like me to discuss in my column, e-mail me at [email]salmonsean@yahoo.com[/email]. If you don’t get a response from me, that means I didn’t get your email.
UFC 71 can’t get here quick enough.
Good afternoon from Ohio,
Sean
Back to top Go down
http://mma-boston.niceboard.com
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Full-Time Fighter: Sean Salmon Discusses UFC 71 Preparations   Full-Time Fighter: Sean Salmon Discusses UFC 71 Preparations Icon_minitimeSat 31 Mar 2007, 12:26 pm

you know if you go back and watch this fight again he was wining the fight with Evans right up to the kick heard around the world! he i just another guy steping into the cage with almost no MMA experience but a good wrestling background! he will improve!
Back to top Go down
TwisteDceL
Champion
Champion
TwisteDceL

Male
Number of posts : 481

PostSubject: Re: Full-Time Fighter: Sean Salmon Discusses UFC 71 Preparations   Full-Time Fighter: Sean Salmon Discusses UFC 71 Preparations Icon_minitimeSat 31 Mar 2007, 12:27 pm

JoeDaddy wrote:
you know if you go back and watch this fight again he was wining the fight with Evans right up to the kick heard around the world! he i just another guy steping into the cage with almost no MMA experience but a good wrestling background! he will improve!
with all that being said....post the crane kick beside what u write in this thread!
Back to top Go down
http://soulofcel.googlepages.com/home
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Full-Time Fighter: Sean Salmon Discusses UFC 71 Preparations   Full-Time Fighter: Sean Salmon Discusses UFC 71 Preparations Icon_minitimeSat 31 Mar 2007, 12:30 pm

CeLnVA wrote:
JoeDaddy wrote:
with all that being said....post the crane kick beside what u write in this thread!

you mean this!
Full-Time Fighter: Sean Salmon Discusses UFC 71 Preparations Karate_kid1
Back to top Go down
TwisteDceL
Champion
Champion
TwisteDceL

Male

PostSubject: Re: Full-Time Fighter: Sean Salmon Discusses UFC 71 Preparations   Full-Time Fighter: Sean Salmon Discusses UFC 71 Preparations Icon_minitimeSat 31 Mar 2007, 1:22 pm

JoeDaddy wrote:
CeLnVA wrote:
JoeDaddy wrote:

you mean this!
Full-Time Fighter: Sean Salmon Discusses UFC 71 Preparations Karate_kid1

i love it when a plan comes together!
Back to top Go down
Andy
Defending Champ
Defending Champ
Andy

Male
Number of posts : 744

PostSubject: Re: Full-Time Fighter: Sean Salmon Discusses UFC 71 Preparations   Full-Time Fighter: Sean Salmon Discusses UFC 71 Preparations Icon_minitimeSun 01 Apr 2007, 3:36 am

MY MAN JDIDDY NEVER GIVES UP ON A FIGHTER!!! The most brutally loyal guy around!!
Back to top Go down
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Full-Time Fighter: Sean Salmon Discusses UFC 71 Preparations   Full-Time Fighter: Sean Salmon Discusses UFC 71 Preparations Icon_minitimeSun 01 Apr 2007, 1:09 pm

he was doing good right up until this!
Full-Time Fighter: Sean Salmon Discusses UFC 71 Preparations Rashad-evans_sean-salmon1
Back to top Go down
TwisteDceL
Champion
Champion
TwisteDceL

Male

PostSubject: Re: Full-Time Fighter: Sean Salmon Discusses UFC 71 Preparations   Full-Time Fighter: Sean Salmon Discusses UFC 71 Preparations Icon_minitimeSun 01 Apr 2007, 5:00 pm

JoeDaddy wrote:
he was doing good right up until this!
Full-Time Fighter: Sean Salmon Discusses UFC 71 Preparations Rashad-evans_sean-salmon1
that shit makes MY neck hurt!
Back to top Go down
Andy
Defending Champ
Defending Champ
Andy

Male
Number of posts : 744

PostSubject: Re: Full-Time Fighter: Sean Salmon Discusses UFC 71 Preparations   Full-Time Fighter: Sean Salmon Discusses UFC 71 Preparations Icon_minitimeSun 01 Apr 2007, 5:21 pm

Instead of crane kick he should of done "PAINT THE FENCE", he would of been better off!
Back to top Go down
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Full-Time Fighter: Sean Salmon Discusses UFC 71 Preparations   Full-Time Fighter: Sean Salmon Discusses UFC 71 Preparations Icon_minitimeSun 01 Apr 2007, 5:49 pm

Ha-ha
Full-Time Fighter: Sean Salmon Discusses UFC 71 Preparations Karate20Kid
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Full-Time Fighter: Sean Salmon Discusses UFC 71 Preparations   Full-Time Fighter: Sean Salmon Discusses UFC 71 Preparations Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Full-Time Fighter: Sean Salmon Discusses UFC 71 Preparations
Page 1 of 1