MMA (Boston)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MMA (Boston)

Anything MMA related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Nate Diaz to Return at UFC Fight Night 11

Go down 
AuthorMessage
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male
Number of posts : 1452
Registration date : 2007-03-29

Nate Diaz to Return at UFC Fight Night 11 Empty
PostSubject: Nate Diaz to Return at UFC Fight Night 11   Nate Diaz to Return at UFC Fight Night 11 Icon_minitimeTue 17 Jul 2007, 8:54 am

Nate Diaz to Return at UFC Fight Night 11 Hjmk

Nate Diaz (6-2 MMA, 1-0 UFC), fresh off his win over Manny Gamburyan at The Ultimate Fighter 5 Finale, will put his recently won UFC contract to good use at UFC Fight Night 11 on Sept. 19. His opponent has not yet been named.

The original announcement of the fight came from GracieFighter.com. Diaz trains under Brazilian Jiu Jitsu black belt Cesar Gracie at his academy in Pleasant Hill, Calif.

The 22-year-old Diaz, the younger brother of UFC veteran Nick Diaz, was selected for The Ultimate Fighter 5‘s lightweight cast after solid performances in the WEC, Strikeforce and other organizations. He entered this past season of the Spike TV reality series as one of the early favorites.

After wins over Rob Emerson, Corey Hill and Gray Maynard, Diaz was pitted against fellow finalist Gamburyan at The Ultimate Fighter 5 Finale last month. Although he lost the first round, Diaz experienced some major luck in the second. Early in the round, Gamburyan shot for a takedown but dislocated his shoulder in the process. He was forced to submit from the injury, and Diaz was awarded the six-figure UFC contract and an assortment of prizes.

UFC Fight Night 11 takes place at The Palms Las Vegas and airs on Spike TV. It will likely serve as the lead-in for the upcoming welterweights-only season of The Ultimate Fighter. This sixth installment of the reality series will feature current UFC welterweight champion Matt Serra and former champ Matt Hughes as coaches.
Back to top Go down
http://mma-boston.niceboard.com
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Nate Diaz to Return at UFC Fight Night 11   Nate Diaz to Return at UFC Fight Night 11 Icon_minitimeTue 17 Jul 2007, 8:58 am

I disagree it was major luck watch the fight again I don’t see where his shoulder popped out that has happened to me in football and I know what it looks like I have actual reset one for a teammate! Just before Many goes in for a shot Nate hit him with a right to the temple and then many shot laid there and submitted! IMO Nate was fresher coming out for the second he took Mannys best shots in the first with no problems and looked to take him out in the second!
Back to top Go down
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Nate Diaz to Return at UFC Fight Night 11   Nate Diaz to Return at UFC Fight Night 11 Icon_minitimeTue 17 Jul 2007, 9:06 am

I just think it looked to me Manny was real tired coming out for the second round and it was only a matter of time until Diaz submitted him!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nate Diaz to Return at UFC Fight Night 11   Nate Diaz to Return at UFC Fight Night 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nate Diaz to Return at UFC Fight Night 11
Page 1 of 1