MMA (Boston)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MMA (Boston)

Anything MMA related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

BODOG FIGHT EMERGES IN LAS VEGAS IN FEBRUARY!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male
Number of posts : 1452
Registration date : 2007-03-29

BODOG FIGHT EMERGES IN LAS VEGAS IN FEBRUARY! Empty
PostSubject: BODOG FIGHT EMERGES IN LAS VEGAS IN FEBRUARY!   BODOG FIGHT EMERGES IN LAS VEGAS IN FEBRUARY! Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jan 2008, 2:25 am

BODOG FIGHT EMERGES IN LAS VEGAS IN FEBRUARY! 5378-09_NickThompsonBodogWeigh04

Source: http://www.mmaweekly.com/index.asp

Bodog Fight recently announced that the promotion would resurface on Feb. 1 at the Las Vegas Sport Center in Las Vegas.

Welterweight champion Nick Thompson will defend his title against John Troyer in the main event.

Thompson, who suffered a shoulder injury in November and was forced to withdraw from a scheduled bout in Indiana, says he's back to 100% and will be at his best for this title match with Troyer.

"From what I hear, Troyer's a tough guy," said Thompson. "He is undefeated and recently beat three guys in one night to win an 8-man HOOKnSHOOT tournament, so I'm expecting a tough fight."

Troyer, who fights out of Louisville, Ky., may be tough, but after knocking out the previously undefeated Eddie Alvarez to win the welterweight title belt last April and Cage Rage veteran Mark Weir four months later, Thompson is supremely self-confident.

"You'd be a fool not to bet on me," said the Minnesota native. "The fact this fight is taking place in Vegas on Super Bowl weekend just means that a lot of people are going to get to see me whoop his ass."

"Not necessarily," says Bodog Fight commissioner and HOOKnSHOOT founder, Jeff Osborne. "Troyer is one of those 200-pound guys who cuts down to 170 pounds, and he's a monster. He holds four different titles at middleweight, so Nick will have his hands full."

The February fight card will also feature a four-man tournament, plus the return of Bodog Fight's newest female knockout sensation, Kaitlin Young.
Back to top Go down
http://mma-boston.niceboard.com

BODOG FIGHT EMERGES IN LAS VEGAS IN FEBRUARY!
Page 1 of 1