MMA (Boston)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MMA (Boston)

Anything MMA related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Sokoudjou talks Octagon debut, Machida fight and more!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male
Number of posts : 1452
Registration date : 2007-03-29

Sokoudjou talks Octagon debut, Machida fight and more! Empty
PostSubject: Sokoudjou talks Octagon debut, Machida fight and more!   Sokoudjou talks Octagon debut, Machida fight and more! Icon_minitimeSun 23 Dec 2007, 9:58 pm

Sokoudjou talks Octagon debut, Machida fight and more! Sokoudjou
Props: Yahoo!Sports.com
Quoteworthy:

“I watched Forrest beat (Mauricio) ‘Shogun’ Rua (at UFC 76 in September), and I got right on the phone and told my people that the UFC is where I wanted to be. I mean, no disrespect to Forrest, but Shogun is Shogun. I wasn’t expecting Forrest to win. But when I saw how strong Forrest fought I realized just how deep the talent was in the UFC light heavyweight division. Other companies might have offered me more money, but I’m competitive, man. The level of competition isn’t the same in other places. If I’m fighting bad competition, I get lazy and I don’t train my best. If I know I am fighting the best it brings out the best of me in the gym.”
Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou talks about his journey from Cameroon in Africa to the Octagon in Las Vegas on December 29 at UFC 79: “Nemesis” against undefeated light heavyweight Lyoto Machida. He also mentions that his parents back home have no idea that he is a high-profile fighter even with sensational stoppages of top-ranked stars such as Antonio Rogerio Nogueria and Ricardo Arona under the Pride FC banner. That could all change with a win on New Year’s Eve weekend.

source: http://mmamania.com/
Back to top Go down
http://mma-boston.niceboard.com
I wanna talk to sampson
Champion
Champion
I wanna talk to sampson

Number of posts : 355

PostSubject: Re: Sokoudjou talks Octagon debut, Machida fight and more!   Sokoudjou talks Octagon debut, Machida fight and more! Icon_minitimeMon 24 Dec 2007, 10:51 am

soko's gonna have a great career in the ufc.
not many people are expecting him.
Back to top Go down
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Sokoudjou talks Octagon debut, Machida fight and more!   Sokoudjou talks Octagon debut, Machida fight and more! Icon_minitimeMon 24 Dec 2007, 5:11 pm

I hear you I like this guy he has a warriors mentality beat the best the money will follow!
Back to top Go down
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Sokoudjou talks Octagon debut, Machida fight and more!   Sokoudjou talks Octagon debut, Machida fight and more! Icon_minitimeMon 24 Dec 2007, 5:12 pm

Sokoudjou’s family has no idea he’s an MMA fighter

But the 23-year old’s parents back home in Cameroon thought their son was studying computer science in San Diego.

“Yeah, my parents, they don’t know,” the man dubbed “The African Assassin” said. “They think I’m in college and maybe training in judo on the side, just for fun. My family places a high value on education. All of my brothers went to college. I’m going to get my degree, I’ve just had other things happen.”

One thing’s for sure. If Sokoudjou continues on his hot streak, the news seems destined to filter back to Cameroon. “They’ll find out about it eventually,” a laughing Sokoudjou said. “You can go ahead and write about it, as long as you don’t write it in French. I promise my family I’m going to go back and get my degree as soon as I get a chance.”
That’s pretty wild business. Sokoudjou has a bright future in the sport but it’s still good to hear that he’s going to get his degree as something to fall back on.
Back to top Go down
I wanna talk to sampson
Champion
Champion
I wanna talk to sampson

Number of posts : 355

PostSubject: Re: Sokoudjou talks Octagon debut, Machida fight and more!   Sokoudjou talks Octagon debut, Machida fight and more! Icon_minitimeMon 24 Dec 2007, 6:30 pm

lmao, that shit is pretty funny. YOUR A CAGE FIGHTER. just tell your damn parents. lol
Back to top Go down
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Sokoudjou talks Octagon debut, Machida fight and more!   Sokoudjou talks Octagon debut, Machida fight and more! Icon_minitimeMon 24 Dec 2007, 6:37 pm

If he is scared to tell his parents and he is a MMA fighter I have to wonder how tough his parents are? lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sokoudjou talks Octagon debut, Machida fight and more!   Sokoudjou talks Octagon debut, Machida fight and more! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sokoudjou talks Octagon debut, Machida fight and more!
Page 1 of 1