MMA (Boston)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MMA (Boston)

Anything MMA related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Kenny "Kenflo" Florian

Go down 
AuthorMessage
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male
Number of posts : 1452
Registration date : 2007-03-29

Kenny "Kenflo" Florian Empty
PostSubject: Kenny "Kenflo" Florian   Kenny "Kenflo" Florian Icon_minitimeSun 23 Dec 2007, 1:57 am

Kenny "Kenflo" Florian L_297ecdf15ef8862214df5bdf1aa4fdf6
Kenny "Kenflo" Florian
Wednesday, April 11, 2007

10 Questions with Kenny "Kenflo" Florian

On behalf of myself and MMA (Boston) thanks for taking the time to sit down and do 10 questions with me the other Joedaddy! you are without a doubt the Pride of Boston! First I would like to say Congratulations on a dominating fight you were in phenomenal shape and those cut kicks were brutal!

JD. After dominating the fight Mishima caught you late with that Knee bar that would have made most guys tap what goes through your mind at that point!
KF. The only thing that was on my mind was, "Kenny, why did you make this more difficult?". I cleared my mind and just thought about getting out and making Mishima pay for playing with my legs.

JD. It looked like you locked in that RNC and held it for an extra second as he went out! Was that just heat of the moment or were you angry about the knee bar?
KF. I was still a little angry at the kneebar but I always hold on to make sure the referee is really stopping the fight and not just tapping on my arms. I always want to be 100% positive the ref is stopping the fight.

JD. In the interview with Joe Rogan you said you were going to Tap when you ankle touches your ass that was priceless! You were also drinking from a closed can what gives?
KF. I pretty much was saying that I won't tap. Regarding the can, I am very proud to be sponsored by Xyience and Xenergy energy drink. I think the energy drink is great. I am supposed to sip from the can after the fight but the NSAC prevented me from opening the can in the ring or even having it backstage. I just went along with the sipping thing and kept it closed. I kept the NSAC and the sponsors happy. Everyone is talking about it so I think it worked out better.

JD. Your stand up was better in this fight then I have ever seen it, most people thought you were all BJJ and elbows what and who made the deference?
KF. I never really had a chance to show my stand up until this last fight really. Sherk didn't really want to stand and I took down Stout and finished him pretty quick. These are skills I had along but didn't show them due to differing circumstances. I still have not shown much of what I can do.

JD. What's next for you? In a perfect world who would you like to fight and who do you think is next?
KF. I am ready to fight whoever the UFC gives me but I really want to fight someone who is going to be aggressive and fight me. I don't want to fight someone who is going to dance and run away from me. I want to scrap.

JD. What does Kenflo do after a satisfying win, striate back to the gym or do you take some time off?
KF. I am taking a week off and I will be right back to my full schedule of training. I love training and learning so much and this is what will make me a better and more technical fighter.

JD. What impact do you think TUF 5 will have in the lightweight division? And your thoughts on Pulver vs. Penn?
KF. The fighters in TUF 5 will bring even more attention to the 155 lbs division and I am sure some good fighters will come out of there.

JD. What are you thoughts on the UFC purchasing Pride? Would you ever fight over there?
KF. I would rather fight here in the states to be honest. I trust the Fertittas have a great vision for the future of MMA though and I think this relationship with Pride will allow for me and the rest of the fighters to really fight the best of the best. No doubt the fans should be most excited about this.

JD. Do you feel you are ready for another title shot know and who would you rather face Sherk or Franca?
KF. I am ready when the UFC says I am ready. I train hard everyday so I am ready for anyone and everyone. I will be happy to fight either one but of course I want to avenge that loss and show everyone what I can do.

JD. Ok last but not least tell the truth did you think Matt Serra was going to beat GSP? Also what did you think of KOS vs. Diego!
KF. A fight is a fight and anything can happen. The odds and stats said that GSP was going to win but that does not win the fight for you! Those little 4 oz gloves change everything.
KF. Kos did exactly what he needed to do to beat Diego. Diego didn't adjust. It was not the most exciting fight but Kos had a good strategy to beat Diego and he executed it well.

Ken I would just like to say thank you on behalf of myself and my group members at MMA (Boston) You're a tremendous fighter and you make Beantown proud!

By Joedaddy
Back to top Go down
http://mma-boston.niceboard.com

Kenny "Kenflo" Florian
Page 1 of 1