MMA (Boston)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MMA (Boston)

Anything MMA related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Tiff Between Dana White and B.J. Penn on The Ultimate Fighte

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male
Number of posts : 1452
Registration date : 2007-03-29

Tiff Between Dana White and B.J. Penn on The Ultimate Fighte Empty
PostSubject: Tiff Between Dana White and B.J. Penn on The Ultimate Fighte   Tiff Between Dana White and B.J. Penn on The Ultimate Fighte Icon_minitimeSat 31 Mar 2007, 2:50 am

Tiff Between Dana White and B.J. Penn on The Ultimate Fighte 070321penn

If you don’t want any sort of information regarding the debut episode of The Ultimate Fighter 5, you should probably skip over this post.
I won’t tell you who — if anybody — wins the first fight of the show, but I am going to pass along some information from Wrestling Observer regarding the division of teams, UFC President Dana White, and coaches B.J. Penn and Jens Pulver.So, you’ve been warned.This is your final chance to look away. Cool?OK, here we go.

Wrestling Observer’s Mike Coughlin called the episode, quite simply, “fantastic.”
Now, I watch the UFC pay-per-views and Spike TV events for hardcore fighting action. But like any slob of an American, I enjoy trash television. The Ultimate Fighter has usually satisfied both requirements, and it looks like the upcoming fifth season will have all the immature humor I’ve come to expect.And we get a nice big dose in the first episode.
From Coughlin’s Wrestling Observer report:

BJ Penn seemed to go out of his way to make Dana White’s life difficult as he and Pulver chose teams. After a coin-flip, Pulver had the option of choosing a fighter first, or choosing to play matchmaker first. “Lil’ Evil” opted for the latter. Penn then asked all the fighters to raise their hand if they not only wanted to be on his team, but definitely didn’t want to be with Pulver. 10 of the 16 fighters indicated they preferred the Hawaiian jiu-jitsu black belt. It not only put Jens on the defensive, it also forced him into a corner where he would have to swallow his pride because some of the better fighters wanted Penn. If Pulver wanted a competitive team, he would have to pick guys that didn’t pick him. BJ literally laughs as he tells the camera that he enjoyed putting the fighters in a position where they rejected Pulver. It’s clear Penn wanted to rile up Pulver and he did just that.
“I think he was trying to get everybody to raise their hand to make me look like a dumbass,” said Pulver. “He was trying to make them slap me in the face. I was upset because this ain’t about BJ Penn. This ain’t the f**king BJ Penn show.”
Pulver wasn’t the only person fed up with Penn at the fighter selection ceremony. Dana White informed BJ that he was only allowed one pick, but Penn, and even Pulver agreed, was saying that they should just have all the guys who raised their hand stand on one side and do teams that way.
“Whoa, what the f**k is going on here,” White said.
A back and forth verbal battle ensued with White continually telling Penn that he only had one pick. Penn would say, “Leave it up to the fighters,” to which White would reply, “One guy. You get one pick.”
“This is like f**king anarchy here,” said White. “One pick, you get one pick!”
Why do I have absolutely no problem picturing Penn as this season’s instigator? It seems as though he’ll have no problem pushing people’s buttons, especially Dana’s.
In any manner, The Ultimate Fighter 4 fell flat when it came to outside-the-Octagon antics, but it sounds like the upcoming season will have plenty. To read Coughlin’s full report, including some interesting information about 6-foot-4 155-pound cast member Corey Hill, go to WrestlingObserver.com.The Ultimate Fighter 5, which features 16 lightweight (155-pound) fighters, debuts on April 5 at 10 p.m. ET/PT. It’ll be preceded by UFC Fight Night 9, which features a main event of TUF veterans Joe Stevenson vs. Melvin Guillard.
Back to top Go down
http://mma-boston.niceboard.com
I wanna talk to sampson
Champion
Champion
I wanna talk to sampson

Number of posts : 355

PostSubject: Re: Tiff Between Dana White and B.J. Penn on The Ultimate Fighte   Tiff Between Dana White and B.J. Penn on The Ultimate Fighte Icon_minitimeSat 31 Mar 2007, 4:35 am

sorry jdiddy, i skipped it bro. lol thursday is gonna be a great night!
Back to top Go down
DennisN
Top Prospect
Top Prospect
DennisN

Male
Number of posts : 199

PostSubject: Re: Tiff Between Dana White and B.J. Penn on The Ultimate Fighte   Tiff Between Dana White and B.J. Penn on The Ultimate Fighte Icon_minitimeSat 31 Mar 2007, 10:41 am

I read it and that's awesome! It should be an entertaining season.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/quizrox
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tiff Between Dana White and B.J. Penn on The Ultimate Fighte   Tiff Between Dana White and B.J. Penn on The Ultimate Fighte Icon_minitimeSat 31 Mar 2007, 11:27 am

It looks like Penn is causing trouble already! cant wait till next week!
Back to top Go down
Andy
Defending Champ
Defending Champ
Andy

Male
Number of posts : 744

PostSubject: Re: Tiff Between Dana White and B.J. Penn on The Ultimate Fighte   Tiff Between Dana White and B.J. Penn on The Ultimate Fighte Icon_minitimeSun 01 Apr 2007, 3:47 am

I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!! PUT ME ON TEAM-LIL EVIL BABY!!! This is exactly what Evil needs to get his edge back when he faces Penn....IT WILL BE A BLOODBATH, PENN SHOULD OF SHUT UP!!!
Back to top Go down
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tiff Between Dana White and B.J. Penn on The Ultimate Fighte   Tiff Between Dana White and B.J. Penn on The Ultimate Fighte Icon_minitimeSun 01 Apr 2007, 1:27 pm

Did anyone see Penn fall trying to jump over the top rope last night he was piss Dunk, that will be his downfall I hope he does try to stand with Pulver because that’s the only way pulver will win! Just like Lawler did!
Back to top Go down
Andy
Defending Champ
Defending Champ
Andy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tiff Between Dana White and B.J. Penn on The Ultimate Fighte   Tiff Between Dana White and B.J. Penn on The Ultimate Fighte Icon_minitimeSun 01 Apr 2007, 2:45 pm

JoeDaddy wrote:

Did anyone see Penn fall trying to jump over the top rope last night he was piss Dunk, that will be his downfall I hope he does try to stand with Pulver because that’s the only way pulver will win! Just like Lawler did!

EXACTLY JDIDDY!! Evil has got to get Penn into a "Pissing match" and bait penn into supposedly taking Evil out like a man, on his feet. If they do it playground style and stand and trade I love Evils chances....if it is on the ground then I just hope Penns partying ways catch up with him!!
Back to top Go down
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tiff Between Dana White and B.J. Penn on The Ultimate Fighte   Tiff Between Dana White and B.J. Penn on The Ultimate Fighte Icon_minitimeSun 01 Apr 2007, 4:30 pm

I like both fighters here but i guess i need to make a choice!

so i will go with lil Evil
Back to top Go down
Andy
Defending Champ
Defending Champ
Andy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tiff Between Dana White and B.J. Penn on The Ultimate Fighte   Tiff Between Dana White and B.J. Penn on The Ultimate Fighte Icon_minitimeSun 01 Apr 2007, 5:32 pm

JoeDaddy wrote:
I like both fighters here but i guess i need to make a choice!

so i will go with lil Evil

MY BROTHER FROM A DIFFERENT MOTHER!!! The way B.J. Penns partying is going, everyone will be calling him Sean or Chris Penn--Lil Evil by way of four ounce gloves!
Back to top Go down
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tiff Between Dana White and B.J. Penn on The Ultimate Fighte   Tiff Between Dana White and B.J. Penn on The Ultimate Fighte Icon_minitimeSun 01 Apr 2007, 5:53 pm

Did you know that lil Evil anf Joe Daddy Stevenson fought back in 1999 and Evil knocked him out!!!

check out his record:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jens_Pulver
Back to top Go down
TwisteDceL
Champion
Champion
TwisteDceL

Male
Number of posts : 481

PostSubject: Re: Tiff Between Dana White and B.J. Penn on The Ultimate Fighte   Tiff Between Dana White and B.J. Penn on The Ultimate Fighte Icon_minitimeWed 04 Apr 2007, 9:19 pm

why do u all hate Penn?
Back to top Go down
http://soulofcel.googlepages.com/home
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tiff Between Dana White and B.J. Penn on The Ultimate Fighte   Tiff Between Dana White and B.J. Penn on The Ultimate Fighte Icon_minitimeThu 05 Apr 2007, 12:20 am

CeLnVA wrote:
why do u all hate Penn?

I like Penn but he has so much talent and he wants to waste it he wont train would much rather surf and get high! I don’t dislike him but from what I’m herring he really comes off like a dick in the up coming show!
Back to top Go down
TwisteDceL
Champion
Champion
TwisteDceL

Male
Number of posts : 481

PostSubject: Re: Tiff Between Dana White and B.J. Penn on The Ultimate Fighte   Tiff Between Dana White and B.J. Penn on The Ultimate Fighte Icon_minitimeThu 05 Apr 2007, 6:01 am

kinda like Ken..huh?
Back to top Go down
http://soulofcel.googlepages.com/home
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tiff Between Dana White and B.J. Penn on The Ultimate Fighte   Tiff Between Dana White and B.J. Penn on The Ultimate Fighte Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tiff Between Dana White and B.J. Penn on The Ultimate Fighte
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MMA (Boston) :: Spike TV - The Ultimate Fighter...A place to talk about the show!-
Jump to: