MMA (Boston)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MMA (Boston)

Anything MMA related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Dana White: Arlovski gets title shot with UFC 70 win

Go down 
+2
Seth
JoeDaddy
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male
Number of posts : 1452
Registration date : 2007-03-29

Dana White: Arlovski gets title shot with UFC 70 win Empty
PostSubject: Dana White: Arlovski gets title shot with UFC 70 win   Dana White: Arlovski gets title shot with UFC 70 win Icon_minitimeWed 18 Apr 2007, 11:43 am

Dana White: Arlovski gets title shot with UFC 70 win Image25524

Former UFC heavyweight champion Andrei Arlovski will get another crack at regaining the title if he can get past Fabricio Werdum this weekend at UFC 70, according to statements from UFC President Dana White in a conference call yesterday.

He will face whoever wins the UFC 74 match between current beltholder Randy Couture and Mirko “Cro Cop” Filipovic/Gabriel Gonzaga that is slated for August 25.

If the statement turns out to be accurate, Arlovski will leapfrog the man who beat him twice to win and defend, respectively, the heavyweight crown, former champion Tim Sylvia.

And if that happens, it appears “The Maine-iac” will have to wait a long time — at least until the last quarter of 2007 — to challenge for the belt he held so dear.

Interesting decision on the part of the UFC, but certainly not surprising.
It’s important to note that Arlovski faces an extremely game opponent in Werdum. He will have his hands full in Manchester, England, come Saturday night to say the least.

However, perhaps the knowledge that his chance to reclaim the title is so close will provide the “Pitbull” with a little extra motivation to turn in a winning performance.

But don’t hold your breath.

White made no indication that Werdum would earn that same opportunity with an upset.
Back to top Go down
http://mma-boston.niceboard.com
Seth
Contender
Contender
Seth

Male
Number of posts : 223

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: Arlovski gets title shot with UFC 70 win   Dana White: Arlovski gets title shot with UFC 70 win Icon_minitimeWed 18 Apr 2007, 3:30 pm

Cro Cop vs Andrei Arlovski= best heavyweight Fight in UFC history.

I wonder when Big Nog will get his first fight?
Back to top Go down
TwisteDceL
Champion
Champion
TwisteDceL

Male
Number of posts : 481

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: Arlovski gets title shot with UFC 70 win   Dana White: Arlovski gets title shot with UFC 70 win Icon_minitimeWed 18 Apr 2007, 9:23 pm

Rampage will beat Liddell wrote:

id have 2 ride with AA on the Crocop matchup.
Back to top Go down
http://soulofcel.googlepages.com/home
Seth
Contender
Contender
Seth

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: Arlovski gets title shot with UFC 70 win   Dana White: Arlovski gets title shot with UFC 70 win Icon_minitimeWed 18 Apr 2007, 10:45 pm

CeLnVA wrote:

cool. I'm picking Cro Cop to win. I think he'll have the heavyweight title for sometime
Back to top Go down
TwisteDceL
Champion
Champion
TwisteDceL

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: Arlovski gets title shot with UFC 70 win   Dana White: Arlovski gets title shot with UFC 70 win Icon_minitimeWed 18 Apr 2007, 10:53 pm

CeLnVA wrote:

cool. I'm picking Cro Cop to win. I think he'll have the heavyweight title for sometime
yeah...i cant argue with that. id b a fool 2 bet on AA...i just hope they have a good fight.
Back to top Go down
Seth
Contender
Contender
Seth

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: Arlovski gets title shot with UFC 70 win   Dana White: Arlovski gets title shot with UFC 70 win Icon_minitimeThu 19 Apr 2007, 6:06 pm

CeLnVA wrote:
CeLnVA wrote:

yeah...i cant argue with that. id b a fool 2 bet on AA...i just hope they have a good fight.

Just hope he doesn't get fighter amnesia again
Back to top Go down
SiDeWiNdEr
Weekend Warrior
Weekend Warrior

Male
Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2007-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: Arlovski gets title shot with UFC 70 win   Dana White: Arlovski gets title shot with UFC 70 win Icon_minitimeSun 22 Apr 2007, 4:12 pm

You guys can't be watching the same AA I've been watching, I thought he'd come out with some vengence to prove something in last nights fight. It seems with this anouncment he may have done just enough to win. He couldn't beat Sylvia what makes you guys think he can beat Cro Cop?
Back to top Go down
TwisteDceL
Champion
Champion
TwisteDceL

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: Arlovski gets title shot with UFC 70 win   Dana White: Arlovski gets title shot with UFC 70 win Icon_minitimeSun 22 Apr 2007, 4:15 pm

SiDeWiNdEr wrote:
You guys can't be watching the same AA I've been watching, I thought he'd come out with some vengence to prove something in last nights fight. It seems with this anouncment he may have done just enough to win. He couldn't beat Sylvia what makes you guys think he can beat Cro Cop?
yeah...i was disappointed last night. he could have done more.
Back to top Go down
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: Arlovski gets title shot with UFC 70 win   Dana White: Arlovski gets title shot with UFC 70 win Icon_minitimeSun 22 Apr 2007, 4:24 pm

He said it was his game plan to stay away and counter but he did well in the first and then they danced for two rounds I thought he should have been a little more aggressive but he is AA and ill give him the benefit of the doubt here he has had some explosive fights!
Back to top Go down
SiDeWiNdEr
Weekend Warrior
Weekend Warrior

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: Arlovski gets title shot with UFC 70 win   Dana White: Arlovski gets title shot with UFC 70 win Icon_minitimeSun 22 Apr 2007, 4:25 pm

I mean I like AA, but going in doing just enough to win isn't gonna cut it. I'm a type of person that lays all the cards on the table no matter what it is I do. Ya he could get caught with one like Cro Cop did last night, but I can almost garentee Cro Cop would attack Gonzaga if he was able to fight him again tonight.

I like the either I'm gonna knock him out or he's gonna knock me out stuff.
Back to top Go down
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: Arlovski gets title shot with UFC 70 win   Dana White: Arlovski gets title shot with UFC 70 win Icon_minitimeSun 22 Apr 2007, 4:33 pm

That is exactly how AA usual is but he has been a little tentative ever since Big Tim caught him with that punch to the neck!
Back to top Go down
SiDeWiNdEr
Weekend Warrior
Weekend Warrior

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: Arlovski gets title shot with UFC 70 win   Dana White: Arlovski gets title shot with UFC 70 win Icon_minitimeSun 22 Apr 2007, 4:35 pm

I know I know, That's why I like AA, I've been missing the agressive side of him.
Back to top Go down
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: Arlovski gets title shot with UFC 70 win   Dana White: Arlovski gets title shot with UFC 70 win Icon_minitimeSun 22 Apr 2007, 4:40 pm

he will need that to fight this guy!

Dana White: Arlovski gets title shot with UFC 70 win Gabriel-gonzaga_mirko-filipovic
Back to top Go down
Seth
Contender
Contender
Seth

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: Arlovski gets title shot with UFC 70 win   Dana White: Arlovski gets title shot with UFC 70 win Icon_minitimeSun 22 Apr 2007, 8:54 pm

You're not going to stop posting that are you?
Back to top Go down
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: Arlovski gets title shot with UFC 70 win   Dana White: Arlovski gets title shot with UFC 70 win Icon_minitimeMon 23 Apr 2007, 2:16 pm

i will if it bothers you so much!!! lol
Back to top Go down
Andy
Defending Champ
Defending Champ
Andy

Male
Number of posts : 744

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: Arlovski gets title shot with UFC 70 win   Dana White: Arlovski gets title shot with UFC 70 win Icon_minitimeMon 23 Apr 2007, 7:31 pm

The only thing that bothers me about AA is the two loses to the human jelly donut, Tim Sylvia.
Back to top Go down
SiDeWiNdEr
Weekend Warrior
Weekend Warrior

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: Arlovski gets title shot with UFC 70 win   Dana White: Arlovski gets title shot with UFC 70 win Icon_minitimeTue 24 Apr 2007, 4:35 pm

ya, that sux, I wonder what Sylvia's plan is for the heavyweight division, It's seems the UFC is kind of un-organized in rankings and such. As how poeple end up getting shots at titles and when.
Back to top Go down
Andy
Defending Champ
Defending Champ
Andy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: Arlovski gets title shot with UFC 70 win   Dana White: Arlovski gets title shot with UFC 70 win Icon_minitimeTue 24 Apr 2007, 7:52 pm

I think Crocop should fight Tim Sylvia next and the winner of that fight fights Big Nog for the right to a title shot.
Back to top Go down
Seth
Contender
Contender
Seth

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: Arlovski gets title shot with UFC 70 win   Dana White: Arlovski gets title shot with UFC 70 win Icon_minitimeTue 24 Apr 2007, 8:01 pm

Andy wrote:
I think Crocop should fight Tim Sylvia next and the winner of that fight fights Big Nog for the right to a title shot.

I think tim will be too busy fighting over wich sub shop he likes more...Quiznos or Subway
Back to top Go down
Andy
Defending Champ
Defending Champ
Andy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: Arlovski gets title shot with UFC 70 win   Dana White: Arlovski gets title shot with UFC 70 win Icon_minitimeTue 24 Apr 2007, 8:05 pm

either way the human Jelly Donut Sylvia gets his ass kicked and I smile and laugh, call him a punk, lump him in my Most hated fighters list right next to Jeff Monson.
Back to top Go down
Seth
Contender
Contender
Seth

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: Arlovski gets title shot with UFC 70 win   Dana White: Arlovski gets title shot with UFC 70 win Icon_minitimeTue 24 Apr 2007, 8:10 pm

Andy wrote:
either way the human Jelly Donut Sylvia gets his ass kicked and I smile and laugh, call him a punk, lump him in my Most hated fighters list right next to Jeff Monson.

I must give the most hated fighter award to Giant Silva.

That big idiot should have stuck with WWE
Back to top Go down
TwisteDceL
Champion
Champion
TwisteDceL

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: Arlovski gets title shot with UFC 70 win   Dana White: Arlovski gets title shot with UFC 70 win Icon_minitimeTue 24 Apr 2007, 8:44 pm

Dana White: Arlovski gets title shot with UFC 70 win Silvia
how could u not love this guy?
Back to top Go down
Andy
Defending Champ
Defending Champ
Andy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: Arlovski gets title shot with UFC 70 win   Dana White: Arlovski gets title shot with UFC 70 win Icon_minitimeTue 24 Apr 2007, 10:25 pm

DAMN!!! I THOUGHT I WAS HAVING A FLASHBACK FOR A MINUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
SiDeWiNdEr
Weekend Warrior
Weekend Warrior

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: Arlovski gets title shot with UFC 70 win   Dana White: Arlovski gets title shot with UFC 70 win Icon_minitimeThu 26 Apr 2007, 7:45 pm

What's wrong with Monson?
Back to top Go down
Andy
Defending Champ
Defending Champ
Andy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: Arlovski gets title shot with UFC 70 win   Dana White: Arlovski gets title shot with UFC 70 win Icon_minitimeThu 26 Apr 2007, 7:53 pm

SiDeWiNdEr wrote:
What's wrong with Monson?
WHATS WRONG WITH MONSON????? SORE SUBJECT BRO, IF I GET STARTED I'LL GO ON A TWENTY MINUTE RANT, LETS JUST SAY THAT I'D RATHER KICK MY OWN ASS THAN WATCH HIM FIGHT, or what he calls "fighting". Ask yourself this question..where does Tim Sylvia or Jeff Monson fit into the UFC heavyweight picture??? I would rather watch Kimbo Slice fight than either one of those slappys!!!! Sorry about that, i'm still scarred from watching Monson vs. Sylvia....it was like watching old people screw-
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: Arlovski gets title shot with UFC 70 win   Dana White: Arlovski gets title shot with UFC 70 win Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next