MMA (Boston)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MMA (Boston)

Anything MMA related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

LIDDELL: "I'VE NEVER HAND-PICKED AN OPPONENT"

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male
Number of posts : 1452
Registration date : 2007-03-29

LIDDELL: "I'VE NEVER HAND-PICKED AN OPPONENT" Empty
PostSubject: LIDDELL: "I'VE NEVER HAND-PICKED AN OPPONENT"   LIDDELL: "I'VE NEVER HAND-PICKED AN OPPONENT" Icon_minitimeThu 02 Aug 2007, 10:49 am

LIDDELL: "I'VE NEVER HAND-PICKED AN OPPONENT" Chuckliddell_keithjardine

When the possible match up with Wanderlei Silva for UFC 76 fell through and Keith Jardine was named as Chuck Liddell's next opponent, reports surfaced that the former UFC light heavyweight champion picked Jardine as his opponent. Liddell recently spoke with MMAWeekly, setting the record straight about how the fight with Jardine transpired.

The reports that surfaced last week stated that Chuck Liddell (the 3 light heavyweight in the MMAWeekly World MMA Rankings) was offered potential fights against Mauricio "Shogun" Rua (the 1-ranked light heavyweight), Kazuhiro Nakamura (the 10-ranked light heavyweight), Lyoto Machida, or Keith Jardine, and that he chose to take on Jardine. Liddell emphatically denied those reports.

Liddell told MMAWeekly, "I've never hand-picked an opponent. I'm not going to. There would be no reason to hand-pick Jardine. The only time I've ever asked for a guy is when I asked to fight Kevin Randleman because I wanted to fight a guy that had a name at the time because they kept giving me guys as little known as I was. I think that's the only time I've ever asked for someone specifically."

"They talked to me about fighting Wanderlei in September, and I said, 'Yeah, that's fine. Cool. Perfect.' Then I heard it fell out. I assumed they were going to put me with Shogun [Rua] because I knew he was on the same card. I figured they would put me with Shogun, but they came to me and said they wanted me to fight Keith. I'm not complaining. I don't argue with people about who I'm going to fight. I fight whoever they tell me to," explained Liddell.

He added, "The way I've always done it is they ask me if I want to fight on this day. I say, 'Yes, so by the way, who am I fighting?

Last edited by on Fri 03 Aug 2007, 5:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://mma-boston.niceboard.com
I wanna talk to sampson
Champion
Champion
I wanna talk to sampson

Number of posts : 355

PostSubject: Re: LIDDELL: "I'VE NEVER HAND-PICKED AN OPPONENT"   LIDDELL: "I'VE NEVER HAND-PICKED AN OPPONENT" Icon_minitimeThu 02 Aug 2007, 12:34 pm

preach it brotha!
Back to top Go down
DennisN
Top Prospect
Top Prospect
DennisN

Male
Number of posts : 199

PostSubject: Re: LIDDELL: "I'VE NEVER HAND-PICKED AN OPPONENT"   LIDDELL: "I'VE NEVER HAND-PICKED AN OPPONENT" Icon_minitimeThu 02 Aug 2007, 10:59 pm

He may not pick the fights but that doesn't mean the UFC doesn't protect him. He should be fighting Shogun and Forrest should be fighting the Dean of Mean without a doubt.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/quizrox
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male

PostSubject: Re: LIDDELL: "I'VE NEVER HAND-PICKED AN OPPONENT"   LIDDELL: "I'VE NEVER HAND-PICKED AN OPPONENT" Icon_minitimeFri 03 Aug 2007, 12:12 am

Why they Know Sho will beat him! Ay his age he deserves better then that he sould have a tune up if Silva is! Wandy will be his last big fight win or lose! He is not Randy he is constantly coming into fights in worse shape! I wont put him to bed yet but this fight with Jadine will let us know!
Back to top Go down
DennisN
Top Prospect
Top Prospect
DennisN

Male

PostSubject: Re: LIDDELL: "I'VE NEVER HAND-PICKED AN OPPONENT"   LIDDELL: "I'VE NEVER HAND-PICKED AN OPPONENT" Icon_minitimeFri 03 Aug 2007, 8:47 pm

I'm just thinking long term. If he beats Jardine, he doesn't deserve another title shot. If he beats Shogun, I say he does. However, we still don't know how the whole Wandy thing will shake out.. ..if it will.
Back to top Go down
DennisN
Top Prospect
Top Prospect
DennisN

Male

PostSubject: Re: LIDDELL: "I'VE NEVER HAND-PICKED AN OPPONENT"   LIDDELL: "I'VE NEVER HAND-PICKED AN OPPONENT" Icon_minitimeFri 03 Aug 2007, 8:49 pm

Actually, on second thought, maybe their trying to set it up so Shogun fights the winner of Rampage/Henderson while Liddell fights Wandy... with the winner getting the next title shot.
Back to top Go down
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male

PostSubject: Re: LIDDELL: "I'VE NEVER HAND-PICKED AN OPPONENT"   LIDDELL: "I'VE NEVER HAND-PICKED AN OPPONENT" Icon_minitimeSat 04 Aug 2007, 1:47 am

That’s what I was thinking because the guy that takes the lose between Liddell and Silva will become a gate keeper or just retire IMO! They both need to win their next fight though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LIDDELL: "I'VE NEVER HAND-PICKED AN OPPONENT"   LIDDELL: "I'VE NEVER HAND-PICKED AN OPPONENT" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

LIDDELL: "I'VE NEVER HAND-PICKED AN OPPONENT"
Page 1 of 1