MMA (Boston)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MMA (Boston)

Anything MMA related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Fedor Emelianenko: Fight with Randy Couture “Will Take Place

Go down 
+3
Seth
I wanna talk to sampson
JoeDaddy
7 posters
AuthorMessage
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male
Number of posts : 1452
Registration date : 2007-03-29

Fedor Emelianenko: Fight with Randy Couture “Will Take Place Empty
PostSubject: Fedor Emelianenko: Fight with Randy Couture “Will Take Place   Fedor Emelianenko: Fight with Randy Couture “Will Take Place Icon_minitimeMon 31 Dec 2007, 4:56 pm

Fedor Emelianenko: Fight with Randy Couture “Will Take Place Randy-couture

Randy Couture wants the fight. Fedor Emeliananeko wants it too. And according to the top-ranked Russian fighter, he fully expects the heavyweight battle to happen sometime soon.

While being interviewed for Monday’s “Yarennoka!” event in Japan, Emeliananeko was asked about the likelihood of him facing Couture in the next year.

Couture, the UFC’s heavyweight champion, resigned from the organization in October but has recently stated that he wants to fight Emeliananeko. The 44-year-old UFC hall-of-famer says it’s the one final thing he wants to accomplish before he retires.

Emelianenko loves the idea.

“I respect him very much, and it’s going to be a great honor to fight with him,” Emelianenko said in the interview. “I would also like to wait for that opportunity.“

So Emelianenko, who recently signed a non-exclusive deal with the restructured M-1 Global organization, expects it to happen?
“Yes, I think so,” he said. “The fight will take place.“

Emeliananeko (27-1) defeated 7-foot-2, 360-pound Hong Man Choi (1-1) with a first-round arm-bar submission at Saturday’s New Year’s Eve event at the Saitama Super Arena.

Couture (16-8, who last defeated Gabriel Gonzaga at UFC 74 in August, resigned from UFC two months ago citing a lack of respect from UFC officials, issues over his pay, and the UFC’s inability to sign Emeliananeko to a contract.

He plans to leave the UFC once his fight (July 2008) and employment (October 2008) contracts expire, though UFC President Dana White has continually stated that the fight contract doesn’t expire until Couture fulfills the terms of the deal.

source: http://mmajunkie.com/
Back to top Go down
http://mma-boston.niceboard.com
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Emelianenko: Fight with Randy Couture “Will Take Place   Fedor Emelianenko: Fight with Randy Couture “Will Take Place Icon_minitimeMon 31 Dec 2007, 5:22 pm

This fight needs to happen! At this point it seems as if both parties want to do it and soon Dana will be unable to stop it!
Back to top Go down
I wanna talk to sampson
Champion
Champion
I wanna talk to sampson

Number of posts : 355

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Emelianenko: Fight with Randy Couture “Will Take Place   Fedor Emelianenko: Fight with Randy Couture “Will Take Place Icon_minitimeMon 31 Dec 2007, 6:07 pm

i'm sure it will happen. couture's hellbent on it. we all know what happens when he's focused on something.
Back to top Go down
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Emelianenko: Fight with Randy Couture “Will Take Place   Fedor Emelianenko: Fight with Randy Couture “Will Take Place Icon_minitimeMon 31 Dec 2007, 6:36 pm

so who do you pick in this fight?
Back to top Go down
Seth
Contender
Contender
Seth

Male
Number of posts : 223

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Emelianenko: Fight with Randy Couture “Will Take Place   Fedor Emelianenko: Fight with Randy Couture “Will Take Place Icon_minitimeMon 31 Dec 2007, 6:44 pm

I am very happy that dana will not make one cent off this fight.

Second it better be on US PPV not HD shit and I don't want to see it on youtube or whatever.

Also I got Fedor for the win.
Back to top Go down
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Emelianenko: Fight with Randy Couture “Will Take Place   Fedor Emelianenko: Fight with Randy Couture “Will Take Place Icon_minitimeMon 31 Dec 2007, 6:46 pm

Seth wrote:
I am very happy that dana will not make one cent off this fight.

Second it better be on US PPV not HD shit and I don't want to see it on youtube or whatever.

Also I got Fedor for the win.

If it is on Hd.net ill have a hook up by then on a HD stream just come on over!

Last edited by on Mon 31 Dec 2007, 6:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
I wanna talk to sampson
Champion
Champion
I wanna talk to sampson

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Emelianenko: Fight with Randy Couture “Will Take Place   Fedor Emelianenko: Fight with Randy Couture “Will Take Place Icon_minitimeMon 31 Dec 2007, 6:47 pm

i got couture.
Back to top Go down
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Emelianenko: Fight with Randy Couture “Will Take Place   Fedor Emelianenko: Fight with Randy Couture “Will Take Place Icon_minitimeMon 31 Dec 2007, 6:47 pm

Me to for the biggest upset in MMA histoy!
Back to top Go down
I wanna talk to sampson
Champion
Champion
I wanna talk to sampson

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Emelianenko: Fight with Randy Couture “Will Take Place   Fedor Emelianenko: Fight with Randy Couture “Will Take Place Icon_minitimeMon 31 Dec 2007, 6:48 pm

straight up!
Back to top Go down
Seth
Contender
Contender
Seth

Male

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Emelianenko: Fight with Randy Couture “Will Take Place   Fedor Emelianenko: Fight with Randy Couture “Will Take Place Icon_minitimeMon 31 Dec 2007, 6:59 pm

Now I know you can't ever doubt randy but come on this isn't tim sylvia or gonzo. It's fucking Fedor, he isn't a slouch in any part of his game, Stand Up awesome, Ground amazing GnP fucking brutal. Randy isn't going to have a cage to pin fedor up against, the ring is fedor's world.
Back to top Go down
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Emelianenko: Fight with Randy Couture “Will Take Place   Fedor Emelianenko: Fight with Randy Couture “Will Take Place Icon_minitimeMon 31 Dec 2007, 7:08 pm

Yeah you are right about that being in the Ring will hurt Randy’s clinch game for sure! I truly feel like that is the real reason Fedor didn’t come to the UFC he knows he would struggle in the cage like the rest of the Pride guys other the Page and Silva who is hardly a Pride fighter! He has 5 fights in Pride 5 in the UFC and has had much more success in a cage all other fights for him were in other orgs!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anderson_Silva
Back to top Go down
Seth
Contender
Contender
Seth

Male

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Emelianenko: Fight with Randy Couture “Will Take Place   Fedor Emelianenko: Fight with Randy Couture “Will Take Place Icon_minitimeMon 31 Dec 2007, 7:17 pm

Is anderson silva ever going to defend his cage rage title? Does cage rage even exist anymore?
Back to top Go down
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Emelianenko: Fight with Randy Couture “Will Take Place   Fedor Emelianenko: Fight with Randy Couture “Will Take Place Icon_minitimeMon 31 Dec 2007, 7:21 pm

Oh yeah EliteXC bought it out and they still fight from the Cage rage banner Ninja Rue just had a fight and one not to long ago here is the website!

http://www.cagerage.tv/
Back to top Go down
Seth
Contender
Contender
Seth

Male

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Emelianenko: Fight with Randy Couture “Will Take Place   Fedor Emelianenko: Fight with Randy Couture “Will Take Place Icon_minitimeMon 31 Dec 2007, 7:23 pm

Oh I see. So I doubt dana would let him defend his title for them

Back to the Fedor vs Randy topic. I think it was part of fedor's plan to get this fight in a ring not the cage, in order to have one up on randy
Back to top Go down
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Emelianenko: Fight with Randy Couture “Will Take Place   Fedor Emelianenko: Fight with Randy Couture “Will Take Place Icon_minitimeMon 31 Dec 2007, 7:31 pm

I would like them to do a one and one fight under M1 in a ring then under another org. in a cage! M1 says they let their fighters do that so why not!
Back to top Go down
Seth
Contender
Contender
Seth

Male

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Emelianenko: Fight with Randy Couture “Will Take Place   Fedor Emelianenko: Fight with Randy Couture “Will Take Place Icon_minitimeMon 31 Dec 2007, 8:05 pm

It would be ironic if randy beat him in a ring and fedor beat him in a cage.
Back to top Go down
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Emelianenko: Fight with Randy Couture “Will Take Place   Fedor Emelianenko: Fight with Randy Couture “Will Take Place Icon_minitimeMon 31 Dec 2007, 8:06 pm

That would be crazy!
Back to top Go down
I wanna talk to sampson
Champion
Champion
I wanna talk to sampson

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Emelianenko: Fight with Randy Couture “Will Take Place   Fedor Emelianenko: Fight with Randy Couture “Will Take Place Icon_minitimeTue 01 Jan 2008, 8:11 pm

yeah, the cage is a HUGE part of couture. i'm just done counting him out. we'll just have to see what happens.
Back to top Go down
boondock_saint_la
Weekend Warrior
Weekend Warrior
boondock_saint_la

Male
Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2008-01-01

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Emelianenko: Fight with Randy Couture “Will Take Place   Fedor Emelianenko: Fight with Randy Couture “Will Take Place Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jan 2008, 1:56 am

idk, it'd be great to see them fight either way. I'd say have a best 2 out of 3 fight. do one fight in the cage and one fight in the ring. and if a 3rd fight is necessay, flip and coin and whoever wins gets to pick where the 3rd fight takes place. i'd pay money to see them fight 3 times.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/boondock_saint_la
TwisteDceL
Champion
Champion
TwisteDceL

Male
Number of posts : 481

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Emelianenko: Fight with Randy Couture “Will Take Place   Fedor Emelianenko: Fight with Randy Couture “Will Take Place Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jan 2008, 6:38 am

boondock_saint_la wrote:
idk, it'd be great to see them fight either way. I'd say have a best 2 out of 3 fight. do one fight in the cage and one fight in the ring. and if a 3rd fight is necessay, flip and coin and whoever wins gets to pick where the 3rd fight takes place. i'd pay money to see them fight 3 times.
3rd fight on a wrestling mat
Back to top Go down
http://soulofcel.googlepages.com/home
I wanna talk to sampson
Champion
Champion
I wanna talk to sampson

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Emelianenko: Fight with Randy Couture “Will Take Place   Fedor Emelianenko: Fight with Randy Couture “Will Take Place Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jan 2008, 10:04 am

TwisteDceL wrote:
boondock_saint_la wrote:
3rd fight on a wrestling mat
fuckin awesome!!!! i'd order that ppv.
Back to top Go down
fleshpole79
Noob
Noob

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2007-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Emelianenko: Fight with Randy Couture “Will Take Place   Fedor Emelianenko: Fight with Randy Couture “Will Take Place Icon_minitimeSun 06 Jan 2008, 11:01 am

I don't know I actually could care less about this fight anymore. I lost a lot of respect for Randy when it came out that his press confrence was nothing more then a fictional story. I have never respected Fedor a s the top heavy weight so if this fight doesn't I could care less.
You know something has been bothering me lately and I have to say something. A lot of you guys and other MMA fans dog on Dana for being ruthless and not paying these guys millions and not letting them fight in other organizations. I think of all people true MMA fans should show nothing but respect for Dana. This man took a sport we loved and made it easier for us to watch, gave us free fights on Spike and has done everything he can to set up some of the biggest fights in history.
When it comes to paying these guys I totally agree with the way Dna pays them. First off you don't want these guys pulling a Chuck Liddel and getting it in their head they are rock stars. Second if you don't set limits the fighters will start wanting more and more then eventually the UFC will be in the same boat as boxing and baseball. You would have to pay guys like Randy and Chuck 20 million just to get them to fight a nobody.
As for not letting fighters fight in other organizations or a Sambo turney I totally agree with part of it. I would let a fighter do a turney for his country but not fight in another organization. First why would you let another organization make money off of your fighter second why risk one of your fighters getting severly hurt and once again cost you money because you have to cancel his next fight and maybe replace it with one that isn't as good. Do you believe that the Yankees would let A-Rod play in the playoffs for the Redsox if the Yankees didn't make it? Hell no because first they are rivals and second why help another team make it when you can't.
Sorry so long that's the end. MMA and most importantly UFC fans show some respect cause if it wasn't for the way Dana is we would still be watching illegal fights on the internet and these guys wouldn't be making much money any ways.
Back to top Go down
Andy
Defending Champ
Defending Champ
Andy

Male
Number of posts : 744

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Emelianenko: Fight with Randy Couture “Will Take Place   Fedor Emelianenko: Fight with Randy Couture “Will Take Place Icon_minitimeSun 06 Jan 2008, 11:54 am

I think a fight in a cage between Randy and Fedor goes to Randy, I see that fight going about like his first fight with Chuck Liddell with Randy bullying him against the fence and dirty boxing the crap out of him! A fight in a ring is a easy win for Fedor- The cage is the key for a tough fight
Back to top Go down
boondock_saint_la
Weekend Warrior
Weekend Warrior
boondock_saint_la

Male

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Emelianenko: Fight with Randy Couture “Will Take Place   Fedor Emelianenko: Fight with Randy Couture “Will Take Place Icon_minitimeSun 06 Jan 2008, 11:57 pm

fleshpole79 wrote:
I don't know I actually could care less about this fight anymore. I lost a lot of respect for Randy when it came out that his press confrence was nothing more then a fictional story. I have never respected Fedor a s the top heavy weight so if this fight doesn't I could care less.

When it comes to paying these guys I totally agree with the way Dna pays them. First off you don't want these guys pulling a Chuck Liddel and getting it in their head they are rock stars. Second if you don't set limits the fighters will start wanting more and more then eventually the UFC will be in the same boat as boxing and baseball. You would have to pay guys like Randy and Chuck 20 million just to get them to fight a nobody.

Do you believe that the Yankees would let A-Rod play in the playoffs for the Redsox if the Yankees didn't make it? Hell no because first they are rivals and second why help another team make it when you can't.

as far as the story Randy gave to be fictional, nobody will ever know Randy's real reasons. just nice big juicy rumors. I personally believe that he knows at his age, he isn't going to be Captain America forever. So, since he only has a few fights left in them, he wants one to be against the Number 1 heavyweight, Fedor. Since Dana couldn't sign Fedor, why should Randy waste his last few fights? sure a fight with Big Nog or AA would be great, but its not Fedor. and Randy wants Fedor.

How can you not respect Fedor? the guy holds wins over Crocop, Mark Hunt, Big Nog and other top fighters. He's not Kimbo Slice. Meaning he isn't fed crappy opponents to make himself look good. Fedor has trained hard and earned the title of #1 heavyweight.

I do not agree with what Dana pays them. I think if you lose a fight, you shouldn't get what you would make for winning. Example, Chuck Liddell made half a million dollars even tho he lost to Rampage and Keith Jardine. Keith Jardine who beat chuck only made 14 grand. I feel thats a little unfair.

as far as the yankees and red sox go, I am a yankees fan, but it was very clear this past season that Boston did not need A-Rod. (am I correct on that statement joe...and the rest of you red sox peeps?)
Back to top Go down
boondock_saint_la
Weekend Warrior
Weekend Warrior
boondock_saint_la

Male

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Emelianenko: Fight with Randy Couture “Will Take Place   Fedor Emelianenko: Fight with Randy Couture “Will Take Place Icon_minitimeMon 07 Jan 2008, 12:00 am

when I say "rumors" about randy, I mean that some people agree with my reason. Others say Kim Couture (his wife) make a lot of the decisions and Randy is just an Indian taking orders. Others say the hollywood agent is filling randy and his wife's head with crap.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Emelianenko: Fight with Randy Couture “Will Take Place   Fedor Emelianenko: Fight with Randy Couture “Will Take Place Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fedor Emelianenko: Fight with Randy Couture “Will Take Place
Page 1 of 1