MMA (Boston)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MMA (Boston)

Anything MMA related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

UFC 78 Karo Parisyan vs. Hayato ‘Mach’ Sakurai?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male
Number of posts : 1452
Registration date : 2007-03-29

UFC 78 Karo Parisyan vs. Hayato ‘Mach’ Sakurai? Empty
PostSubject: UFC 78 Karo Parisyan vs. Hayato ‘Mach’ Sakurai?   UFC 78 Karo Parisyan vs. Hayato ‘Mach’ Sakurai? Icon_minitimeTue 21 Aug 2007, 1:45 pm

UFC 78 Karo Parisyan vs. Hayato ‘Mach’ Sakurai? Karoparisyan_machsakurai

Karo Parisyan (17-4) is likely to return to action at UFC 78 on November 17 and could face PRIDE FC veteran Hayato “Mach” Sakurai (30-7-2) in a welterweight showdown, according to MMAWeekly.com.
Here’s the snip:

“UFC welterweight contender Karo Parisyan … will most likely fight on the upcoming UFC taking place in New Jersey … One name that has been mentioned amongst possible opponents is Hayato “Mach” Sakurai, who would be making his return to the UFC at 170lbs.”
Sakurai is an outstanding fighter who would be making his first appearance inside the Octagon since a technical knockout loss to Matt Hughes in a championship bout at UFC 36 in 2002. The Japanese star was most recently spotted ringside at UFC 73: “Stacked” last month.

Throughout his career “Mach” has gone up against some of the most talented fights in the sport, from lighweight all the way up to middleweight. In addition to Hughes, he’s competed against UFC Middleweight Champion Anderson Silva (loss), Jake Shields (loss) Ryo Chonan (loss), Joachim Hansen (win), Shinya Aoki (win), Takanori Gomi (loss), Frank Trigg (win), Jens Pulver (win) and Caol Uno (win) among so many others.

Put simply, he’s one of the best in the business, whether he wins or loses.
Parisyan is fresh off a unanimous decision win over Josh Burkman at UFC 71 this past May and has won seven of his last eight fights. He’s done enough to earn himself a crack at the welterweight crown, but it’s widely belived he’ll have to secure at least one if not two more wins before he gets the chance.

That’s because current 170-pound champion Matt Serra is booked to defend the strap against Matt Hugehs on New Year’s Eve weekend in December. Then, the winner or that fight, will more than likely draw the winner of the UFC 74 showdown between Georges St. Pierre and Josh Koscheck.

The article also mentions that UFC newcomer Hector Lombard has been mentioned as a possible opponent for “The Heat.” That doesn’t sound nearly as appealing as a fight between Parisyan and Sakurai, however.
Fingers crossed.
Back to top Go down
http://mma-boston.niceboard.com
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male

PostSubject: Re: UFC 78 Karo Parisyan vs. Hayato ‘Mach’ Sakurai?   UFC 78 Karo Parisyan vs. Hayato ‘Mach’ Sakurai? Icon_minitimeTue 21 Aug 2007, 1:55 pm

I got Sakurai!
Back to top Go down
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male

PostSubject: Re: UFC 78 Karo Parisyan vs. Hayato ‘Mach’ Sakurai?   UFC 78 Karo Parisyan vs. Hayato ‘Mach’ Sakurai? Icon_minitimeTue 21 Aug 2007, 1:57 pm

it will be a good fight though!
Back to top Go down
I wanna talk to sampson
Champion
Champion
I wanna talk to sampson

Number of posts : 355

PostSubject: Re: UFC 78 Karo Parisyan vs. Hayato ‘Mach’ Sakurai?   UFC 78 Karo Parisyan vs. Hayato ‘Mach’ Sakurai? Icon_minitimeTue 21 Aug 2007, 3:02 pm

goin for karo if it happens. i hate the guy but, i think he'll take it easily.
Back to top Go down
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male

PostSubject: Re: UFC 78 Karo Parisyan vs. Hayato ‘Mach’ Sakurai?   UFC 78 Karo Parisyan vs. Hayato ‘Mach’ Sakurai? Icon_minitimeTue 21 Aug 2007, 3:29 pm

Sakurai is a very good striker and he just keeps getting better! And has been in with the best in 3 weight classes!
Back to top Go down
I wanna talk to sampson
Champion
Champion
I wanna talk to sampson

Number of posts : 355

PostSubject: Re: UFC 78 Karo Parisyan vs. Hayato ‘Mach’ Sakurai?   UFC 78 Karo Parisyan vs. Hayato ‘Mach’ Sakurai? Icon_minitimeTue 21 Aug 2007, 4:16 pm

i really can't argue with any points made on this fight if it happens. i'm not saying sakurai sucks by any means. i'm just going to go with my gut feeling in this one. this will be fucking HUGE if it happens for the real mma fans. i just feel karo is really going to bring the heat in this one.
Back to top Go down
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male

PostSubject: Re: UFC 78 Karo Parisyan vs. Hayato ‘Mach’ Sakurai?   UFC 78 Karo Parisyan vs. Hayato ‘Mach’ Sakurai? Icon_minitimeTue 21 Aug 2007, 8:42 pm

yeah Karo is all day tuff! It will be a big fight! Sak just knocked out Mac Danzig at the last pride show!
Back to top Go down
Seth
Contender
Contender
Seth

Male
Number of posts : 223

PostSubject: Re: UFC 78 Karo Parisyan vs. Hayato ‘Mach’ Sakurai?   UFC 78 Karo Parisyan vs. Hayato ‘Mach’ Sakurai? Icon_minitimeMon 01 Oct 2007, 2:42 am

Oh I got my money on Sakurai (fuck off with the pride comments lol)

I think MACH is a better fighter anyway
Back to top Go down
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male

PostSubject: Re: UFC 78 Karo Parisyan vs. Hayato ‘Mach’ Sakurai?   UFC 78 Karo Parisyan vs. Hayato ‘Mach’ Sakurai? Icon_minitimeMon 01 Oct 2007, 2:44 am

Well I don’t know on that one it is or would have been a great fight but Karo is hurt not to be! Diego wanted him he was willing to fight anyone even Fitch! I am starting to like his little quirky ass!
Back to top Go down
DennisN
Top Prospect
Top Prospect
DennisN

Male
Number of posts : 199

PostSubject: Re: UFC 78 Karo Parisyan vs. Hayato ‘Mach’ Sakurai?   UFC 78 Karo Parisyan vs. Hayato ‘Mach’ Sakurai? Icon_minitimeMon 01 Oct 2007, 7:28 pm

This fight is gonna be great but I think Karo controls and gets the decision.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/quizrox
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male

PostSubject: Re: UFC 78 Karo Parisyan vs. Hayato ‘Mach’ Sakurai?   UFC 78 Karo Parisyan vs. Hayato ‘Mach’ Sakurai? Icon_minitimeMon 01 Oct 2007, 11:23 pm

Yeah I think Karo has more ways to win and I don’t see him getting knocked out! I see Saku getting tossed on his head and beat up! Hell Hughes beat him! But I wont sleep on Saku he is a very good fighter!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UFC 78 Karo Parisyan vs. Hayato ‘Mach’ Sakurai?   UFC 78 Karo Parisyan vs. Hayato ‘Mach’ Sakurai? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

UFC 78 Karo Parisyan vs. Hayato ‘Mach’ Sakurai?
Page 1 of 1