MMA (Boston)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MMA (Boston)

Anything MMA related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Nick Diaz to fight Mike Aina on Sept. 15

Go down 
AuthorMessage
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male
Number of posts : 1452
Registration date : 2007-03-29

Nick Diaz to fight Mike Aina on Sept. 15 Empty
PostSubject: Nick Diaz to fight Mike Aina on Sept. 15   Nick Diaz to fight Mike Aina on Sept. 15 Icon_minitimeWed 08 Aug 2007, 9:31 am

Nick Diaz to fight Mike Aina on Sept. 15 Nickdiazufc_jan1907

GracieFighter.com is reporting that Nick Diaz’s first opponent since being suspended for six months by the Nevada State Athletic Commission following a positive drug test for marijuana will be “Iron” Mike Aina.
The two will square off against each other on September 15 in Honolulu on an EliteXC card televised by Showtime.

Diaz trains with Cesar Gracie’s camp in California while Aina is a member of B.J. Penn’s camp in Hawaii. The match will be the second of two Gracie vs. Penn matchup on the card with Jake Shields (Gracie) and Renato “Charuto” Verrisimo (Penn) being the other.

Aina does not have a lot of name recognition and his record on paper isn’t the best (8-5-1 or 9-6-1 depending on where you go) so I am expecting that the announcement will be met with disappointment by some.

However, I think the matchup could surprise a lot of people. Aina is a tough dude with good Jiu-Jitsu. But in the limited footage I’ve seen of him, he also likes to brawl in a style similar to the way Diaz does.

The fight will be contested at 160 pounds and Aina will enter as a heavy underdog. In spite of that fact, if the two decide to stand and trade then I think we could see a very exciting fight.
Back to top Go down
http://mma-boston.niceboard.com

Nick Diaz to fight Mike Aina on Sept. 15
Page 1 of 1