MMA (Boston)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MMA (Boston)

Anything MMA related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Fedor Emelianenko: PRIDE Contract Not Finalized

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male
Number of posts : 1452
Registration date : 2007-03-29

Fedor Emelianenko: PRIDE Contract Not Finalized Empty
PostSubject: Fedor Emelianenko: PRIDE Contract Not Finalized   Fedor Emelianenko: PRIDE Contract Not Finalized Icon_minitimeFri 06 Apr 2007, 5:11 pm

Fedor Emelianenko: PRIDE Contract Not Finalized 070105emelianenko

Fedor Emelianenko (25-1 MMA, 0-0 UFC), arguably the No. 1 fighter in the world and PRIDE Fighting Championships’ heavyweight champion, recently stated that a contract extension he reportedly signed with PRIDE late in 2006 was not officially completed, according to CBS SportsLine.com’s Sam Caplan.
PRIDE was recently purchased by Frank and Lorenzo Fertitta, primary owners of the UFC’s parent company. And though PRIDE has a number of elite fighters, Emelianenko was surely considered the most important piece of the acquisition.
During a conference call last week, UFC president Dana White stated that the fighter was signed.
That’s not the case, according to Emelianenko.
From SportsLine.com:

“The (Pride) contract hasn’t been concluded,” Emelianenko said through a representative of Bodog Fight, which will promote Emelianenko’s next fight against Matt Lindland on April 14.
“Yes, we have agreement with Pride, but I and (agent) Vadim Finkelshtain have not come to terms with them,” Emelianenko said.
The fear is that Emelianenko might possibly sign — or has already signed — a long-term deal with BodogFight, an organization that would seem a legitimate threat (with deep pockets) to compete with UFC/PRIDE.
Zach Arnold from FightOpinion.com first pointed out a report from Japan a few weeks ago that stated the PRIDE deal may not have been finalized and that Emelianenko may have already inked a Bodog deal.
Head over to FightOpinion.com for the full story.
Back to top Go down
http://mma-boston.niceboard.com
Andy
Defending Champ
Defending Champ
Andy

Male
Number of posts : 744

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Emelianenko: PRIDE Contract Not Finalized   Fedor Emelianenko: PRIDE Contract Not Finalized Icon_minitimeFri 06 Apr 2007, 9:12 pm

Maybe Fedor wants to sign with Bodog because they give him chicken fights against undersized, unworthys like Matt Linland....If he fights Monson after Linland its like taking candy from a baby--getting paid without having to work!!!
Back to top Go down
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Emelianenko: PRIDE Contract Not Finalized   Fedor Emelianenko: PRIDE Contract Not Finalized Icon_minitimeFri 06 Apr 2007, 10:26 pm

I know what a pussy right! lol
Back to top Go down
I wanna talk to sampson
Champion
Champion
I wanna talk to sampson

Number of posts : 355

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Emelianenko: PRIDE Contract Not Finalized   Fedor Emelianenko: PRIDE Contract Not Finalized Icon_minitimeSat 07 Apr 2007, 12:31 am

Andy wrote:
Maybe Fedor wants to sign with Bodog because they give him chicken fights against undersized, unworthys like Matt Linland....If he fights Monson after Linland its like taking candy from a baby--getting paid without having to work!!!
could be right. wrong move for fedor though. eventually he'd have to face cro cop and big nog again. taking easy fights in bodog is going to do nothing but hurt him, imo.
Back to top Go down
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Emelianenko: PRIDE Contract Not Finalized   Fedor Emelianenko: PRIDE Contract Not Finalized Icon_minitimeSat 07 Apr 2007, 2:03 am

From what I have heard he just wants to be able to fight in Russia as well for bodog if Dana will allow that contract Pride was giving him to fight in both he will still be around, but I don’t know if Dana will let that happen! If it is already in the contract then maybe!
Back to top Go down
Andy
Defending Champ
Defending Champ
Andy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Emelianenko: PRIDE Contract Not Finalized   Fedor Emelianenko: PRIDE Contract Not Finalized Icon_minitimeSat 07 Apr 2007, 2:46 am

I would never EVER call Fedor a pussy!! I just think if there is nobody that gives him a legitimate challenge then he'll just fight guys without the skills and make quick work of them.
Back to top Go down
Andy
Defending Champ
Defending Champ
Andy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Emelianenko: PRIDE Contract Not Finalized   Fedor Emelianenko: PRIDE Contract Not Finalized Icon_minitimeSat 07 Apr 2007, 2:48 am

Mark Hunt and CroCop are the only guys that have a chance,...Bodog might as well sign wildcard guys like Kimbo Slice if they are gonna put Linland and Monson in with him...it couldn't be any worse.
Back to top Go down
Andy
Defending Champ
Defending Champ
Andy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Emelianenko: PRIDE Contract Not Finalized   Fedor Emelianenko: PRIDE Contract Not Finalized Icon_minitimeSat 07 Apr 2007, 2:49 am

I wanna talk to sampson wrote:
Andy wrote:
could be right. wrong move for fedor though. eventually he'd have to face cro cop and big nog again. taking easy fights in bodog is going to do nothing but hurt him, imo.
AGREED 100%, you gotta challenge yourself
Back to top Go down
Seth
Contender
Contender
Seth

Male
Number of posts : 223

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Emelianenko: PRIDE Contract Not Finalized   Fedor Emelianenko: PRIDE Contract Not Finalized Icon_minitimeSun 08 Apr 2007, 9:49 pm

Andy wrote:
Mark Hunt and CroCop are the only guys that have a chance,...Bodog might as well sign wildcard guys like Kimbo Slice if they are gonna put Linland and Monson in with him...it couldn't be any worse.

I honestly hope to see Cro Cop Fedor 2 and even Fedor Nogueira 3. I don't think Big Nog got a rematch for his heavyweight title. I know they had to have to fights for the Heavyweight GP finals because of Fedor getting cut so I'll count that as one fight.

I'd laugh my ass off if kimbo's dumbass tried fighting Fedor
Back to top Go down
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Emelianenko: PRIDE Contract Not Finalized   Fedor Emelianenko: PRIDE Contract Not Finalized Icon_minitimeMon 09 Apr 2007, 2:15 pm

Fedor will follow the leader he will fight in the UFC make my words!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Emelianenko: PRIDE Contract Not Finalized   Fedor Emelianenko: PRIDE Contract Not Finalized Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fedor Emelianenko: PRIDE Contract Not Finalized
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MMA (Boston) :: Other MMA News-
Jump to: