MMA (Boston)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MMA (Boston)

Anything MMA related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Kendall Grove: 'My first six fights, I fought high.'

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male
Number of posts : 1452
Registration date : 2007-03-29

Kendall Grove: 'My first six fights, I fought high.' Empty
PostSubject: Kendall Grove: 'My first six fights, I fought high.'   Kendall Grove: 'My first six fights, I fought high.' Icon_minitimeThu 10 Jan 2008, 2:46 am

Kendall Grove: 'My first six fights, I fought high.' Kendall-grove

Kendall Grove seemed to be on the fast track to stardom in the UFC. After winning TUF 3, Grove managed to reel off two consecutive victories in convincing fashion before being stopped by Patrick Cote in the first round of their battle at UFC 74.

Since that fight, Grove has rededicated himself to the sport and is looking forward to righting the ship against Jorge Rivera at UFC 80 on January 19. Grove sat down with our friends over at CagePotato.com to discus a variety of topics. Here are some of the highlights:
Grove On His Training Routine:

After my last fight against Patrick [Cote], I changed a lot of things in my personal life. I cut back on drinking. Because this reality show shit does get to your head, you know? Everybody wants to hang out with you. As for sex, yeah, my girl has been horny and she’s pregnant, so that’s pretty much out of the question. Other than that, I eat good, but I’m not afraid to go eat some milk and cookies or ice cream at night. I cheat a lot on my diet, but I’m 6?6?, 185. I’m Hawaiian-Ethiopian, you know what I mean?

Grove On Marijuana:

It’s definitely not an enhancement drug. [laughs] See, marijuana is a touchy subject. I’m a rock star — I’ve been smoking weed since I was in the 6th grade, I can openly say that. But I’m also clean when I fight. I cut that shit out — I’m a professional. Don’t get me wrong, my first six fights, I fought high, I fought stoned. But when you get to this level, you have to take responsibility. It’s your job. I stop doing that stuff three months out. I just think they blew it way out of proportion. What did they say with Nick Diaz? “Oh, him smoking weed made his pain threshold higher. It’s stupid. Steroids actually make you run faster, make you stronger — it’s a performance enhancer. And weed just makes you gain weight and be lazy. [laughs]

Grove On Fellow TUF'er Forrest Griffin:

Forrest is improving and improving all the time. I trained with the guy in Las Vegas at Extreme Couture, and the guy is a workhorse. And out of every fighter that I’ve known, including myself, he deserves everything that he gets. He deserves a title shot, and I think he’s going to be a great coach. Him and Rampage are going to make the season.
Back to top Go down
http://mma-boston.niceboard.com
Andy
Defending Champ
Defending Champ
Andy

Male
Number of posts : 744

PostSubject: Re: Kendall Grove: 'My first six fights, I fought high.'   Kendall Grove: 'My first six fights, I fought high.' Icon_minitimeThu 10 Jan 2008, 12:00 pm

I fought high before and nobody is writing stories about me! LOL!
Back to top Go down
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Kendall Grove: 'My first six fights, I fought high.'   Kendall Grove: 'My first six fights, I fought high.' Icon_minitimeThu 10 Jan 2008, 7:16 pm

Mean while in other news Andy the Greek popped dirty for fighting outside of the cafeteria while under the influence of Marihuana! “Marihuana is bad umkay”
Back to top Go down
Andy
Defending Champ
Defending Champ
Andy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Kendall Grove: 'My first six fights, I fought high.'   Kendall Grove: 'My first six fights, I fought high.' Icon_minitimeThu 10 Jan 2008, 11:02 pm

LOL! Ain't nobody gonna take my cornbread!!!!
Back to top Go down
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Kendall Grove: 'My first six fights, I fought high.'   Kendall Grove: 'My first six fights, I fought high.' Icon_minitimeFri 11 Jan 2008, 12:08 am

Kendall Grove: 'My first six fights, I fought high.' Michael__bear__taliferro6

Ha-ha
Back to top Go down
Andy
Defending Champ
Defending Champ
Andy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Kendall Grove: 'My first six fights, I fought high.'   Kendall Grove: 'My first six fights, I fought high.' Icon_minitimeFri 11 Jan 2008, 1:29 am

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Nice catch Jdiddy!
Back to top Go down
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Kendall Grove: 'My first six fights, I fought high.'   Kendall Grove: 'My first six fights, I fought high.' Icon_minitimeFri 11 Jan 2008, 1:33 am

You going to eat your cornbread? Hell yeah im going to eat my cornbread anyone tries to take my corn bread there will be consequences and repercussions! lol
Back to top Go down
Andy
Defending Champ
Defending Champ
Andy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Kendall Grove: 'My first six fights, I fought high.'   Kendall Grove: 'My first six fights, I fought high.' Icon_minitimeFri 11 Jan 2008, 1:37 am

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I always laugh when I see that movie,...I should of figured you would be "speaking my language"!!! LOL!
Back to top Go down
I wanna talk to sampson
Champion
Champion
I wanna talk to sampson

Number of posts : 355

PostSubject: Re: Kendall Grove: 'My first six fights, I fought high.'   Kendall Grove: 'My first six fights, I fought high.' Icon_minitimeFri 11 Jan 2008, 10:07 am

JoeDaddy wrote:
You going to eat your cornbread? Hell yeah im going to eat my cornbread anyone tries to take my corn bread there will be consequences and repercussions! lol
LMMFAO!!!!!! i haven't seen it. is that norbit?
Back to top Go down
Andy
Defending Champ
Defending Champ
Andy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Kendall Grove: 'My first six fights, I fought high.'   Kendall Grove: 'My first six fights, I fought high.' Icon_minitimeFri 11 Jan 2008, 11:18 am

NORBIT???? Come on dog that is "LIFE", Eddie Murphy and Martin Lawrence...HILLARIOUS FILM!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kendall Grove: 'My first six fights, I fought high.'   Kendall Grove: 'My first six fights, I fought high.' Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kendall Grove: 'My first six fights, I fought high.'
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MMA (Boston) :: Ultimate Fighting Championships News-
Jump to: