MMA (Boston)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MMA (Boston)

Anything MMA related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

UFC Quick Quote: Denile just ain’t a river in Egypt, Melvin

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male
Number of posts : 1452
Registration date : 2007-03-29

UFC Quick Quote: Denile just ain’t a river in Egypt, Melvin Empty
PostSubject: UFC Quick Quote: Denile just ain’t a river in Egypt, Melvin   UFC Quick Quote: Denile just ain’t a river in Egypt, Melvin Icon_minitimeWed 09 Jan 2008, 7:08 pm

UFC Quick Quote: Denile just ain’t a river in Egypt, Melvin Melvin-guillard

“… everybody with their own eyes saw he [Rich Clementi] wasn’t ready to stand up with me [at UFC 79]. He knew my weakness was my submission game as far as fighting him because he’s a seasoned jiu-jitsu guy — I’ll give him that. As far as me putting my hands on him, I got my respect out of him. So, I’m not even tripping, you know?… He really didn’t [win the fight]. He didn’t take my heart. I took his heart before he got in the ring. He was scared to fight me before he got in the ring. And, it’s like I tell everybody – and I’m going to keep saying it – when I see him again, I’m going to fight him again. When I get ready to go home for Mardi Gras, he just knows not to be seen. I went home for New Years and the places he wants to go, he wasn’t even there. He knew I was going to be there looking for him. He never showed up anywhere. As long as he keeps hiding from me, running from me, I’m winning the war every day. Eventually, we’ll get another rematch in the UFC …”
– Melvin Guillard talks about Rich Clementi via the Baltimore Sun after he lost via first round submission at UFC 79: “Nemesis” on December 29, 2007. The two Louisiana natives didn’t like each other very much before the fight and not much has changed since. Definitely read this entire interview if you have the chance …

Melvin certainly does not charge per word. He also reveals that he plans to take a few fights outside the Octagon to get back on track in 2008.

source: http://mmamania.com/
Back to top Go down
http://mma-boston.niceboard.com
boondock_saint_la
Weekend Warrior
Weekend Warrior
boondock_saint_la

Male
Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2008-01-01

PostSubject: Re: UFC Quick Quote: Denile just ain’t a river in Egypt, Melvin   UFC Quick Quote: Denile just ain’t a river in Egypt, Melvin Icon_minitimeWed 09 Jan 2008, 7:53 pm

wow...its pricks like this that give ppl from LA a bad rep. Guillard just got his ass kicked in that fight and looked almost in tears after. I hope he gets the hell beat outta him by some random drunks at mardi grass and if I see Melvin, I'mma go HAHA, YOU TAPPED OUT!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/boondock_saint_la
DennisN
Top Prospect
Top Prospect
DennisN

Male
Number of posts : 199

PostSubject: Re: UFC Quick Quote: Denile just ain’t a river in Egypt, Melvin   UFC Quick Quote: Denile just ain’t a river in Egypt, Melvin Icon_minitimeWed 09 Jan 2008, 11:32 pm

What a fuckin dipshit. That is all.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/quizrox
Andy
Defending Champ
Defending Champ
Andy

Male
Number of posts : 744

PostSubject: Re: UFC Quick Quote: Denile just ain’t a river in Egypt, Melvin   UFC Quick Quote: Denile just ain’t a river in Egypt, Melvin Icon_minitimeThu 10 Jan 2008, 12:02 am

Melvin needs to learn to shut his mouth and protect his neck-
Back to top Go down
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male
Number of posts : 1452

PostSubject: Re: UFC Quick Quote: Denile just ain’t a river in Egypt, Melvin   UFC Quick Quote: Denile just ain’t a river in Egypt, Melvin Icon_minitimeThu 10 Jan 2008, 2:43 am

Pramita Mohapatra of The Baltimore Sun was able to catch up with Melvin Guillard fresh off of his submission loss to Rich Clementi at UFC 79. This interview is just filled to the brim with gold nuggets of what I like to call “Melvinisms.”

Melvinism #1: Rich Clementi is somehow a coward for exposing Melvin’s weakness.

“Of course, everybody saw that he was the victorious one [at UFC 79] but he sits up there and says, “I’ll stand toe-to-toe with Melvin,” but everybody with their own eyes saw he wasn’t ready to stand up with me. He knew my weakness was my submission game as far as fighting him because he’s a seasoned jiu-jitsu guy — I’ll give him that. As far as me putting my hands on him, I got my respect out of him. So, I’m not even tripping, you know?”
Oh, Melvin. When will you learn? This is MMA. Not boxing. Grab that gi, son.

Melvinism #2: Rich Clementi didn’t win the fight.

“He really didn’t. He didn’t take my heart. I took his heart before he got in the ring. He was scared to fight me before he got in the ring.”
Sure, Melvin. Are we really supposed to believe this garbage? You took his heart? Yeah, it really showed inside the cage. You got punked and you’re salty about it, Melvin. Time to move on.

Melvinism #3: Melvin is working working strictly his jiu jitsu.

“I’m working nothing but my jiu-jitsu. … I got all the good guys around me … so I’m just working the weaknesses in my game. I’m going to give myself six months to a year before my jiu-jitsu is 100 percent.”
I’ll believe it when I see it. And who are “all the good guys.” That tells me nothing. Some schmuck like me could say I’m training with “all the good guys,” but it means nothing.
Back to top Go down
http://mma-boston.niceboard.com
I wanna talk to sampson
Champion
Champion
I wanna talk to sampson

Number of posts : 355

PostSubject: Re: UFC Quick Quote: Denile just ain’t a river in Egypt, Melvin   UFC Quick Quote: Denile just ain’t a river in Egypt, Melvin Icon_minitimeThu 10 Jan 2008, 12:26 pm

the dude's a fuckin punk. take your loss like a man.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UFC Quick Quote: Denile just ain’t a river in Egypt, Melvin   UFC Quick Quote: Denile just ain’t a river in Egypt, Melvin Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

UFC Quick Quote: Denile just ain’t a river in Egypt, Melvin
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MMA (Boston) :: Ultimate Fighting Championships News-
Jump to: