MMA (Boston)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MMA (Boston)

Anything MMA related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Exclusive: Kimbo Slice vs. Tank Abbott set for Feb. 16

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male
Number of posts : 1452
Registration date : 2007-03-29

Exclusive: Kimbo Slice vs. Tank Abbott set for Feb. 16 Empty
PostSubject: Exclusive: Kimbo Slice vs. Tank Abbott set for Feb. 16   Exclusive: Kimbo Slice vs. Tank Abbott set for Feb. 16 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Jan 2008, 6:17 am

Exclusive: Kimbo Slice vs. Tank Abbott set for Feb. 16 Tankkimbo1

(SamCaplan.ProElite.com) has learned that the long-awaited heavyweight clash between Internet street fighting legend Kevin "Kimbo Slice" Ferguson and former UFC staple Tank Abbott is scheduled to be the main event of EliteXC's next show on Saturday, February 16.

The show, scheduled to air on Showtime at 10:00 p.m. ET, is slated to emanate from Miami, Florida. A venue has not been officially announced but the University of Miami has been rumored as a location.

In addition to Slice vs. Abbott, a middleweight matchup between Australian Kyle Noke and former UFC fighter Scott Smith is also scheduled. Antonio Silva and James "Colossus" Thompson are slated to compete on the card as well, in separate bouts. ]

Abbott and Slice had been scheduled to fight each other on October 12 in Atlantic City, NJ for the Cage Fury Fighting Championships promotion. However, the promotion ran into financial difficulties and was forced to cancel the card. The cancellation allowed Slice to become a free agent, and he signed a lucrative contract with EliteXC soon after.

--
Sam Caplan
Lead Writer/Editor - ProElite.com
SamCaplan.ProElite.com
Back to top Go down
http://mma-boston.niceboard.com
I wanna talk to sampson
Champion
Champion
I wanna talk to sampson

Number of posts : 355

PostSubject: Re: Exclusive: Kimbo Slice vs. Tank Abbott set for Feb. 16   Exclusive: Kimbo Slice vs. Tank Abbott set for Feb. 16 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Jan 2008, 11:31 am

kimbo WILL take him down and beat the snot out of him. i also think kimbo hits way harder than tank.
Back to top Go down
Andy
Defending Champ
Defending Champ
Andy

Male
Number of posts : 744

PostSubject: Re: Exclusive: Kimbo Slice vs. Tank Abbott set for Feb. 16   Exclusive: Kimbo Slice vs. Tank Abbott set for Feb. 16 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Jan 2008, 2:57 pm

I wanna talk to sampson wrote:
kimbo WILL take him down and beat the snot out of him. i also think kimbo hits way harder than tank.
MY BOY SAMPSON THINKS IT LIKE I DO!!! Kimbo is gonna have Tank posted up on a 30 second clip on YOUTUBE getting his eyeball punched outta his head!!
Back to top Go down
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Exclusive: Kimbo Slice vs. Tank Abbott set for Feb. 16   Exclusive: Kimbo Slice vs. Tank Abbott set for Feb. 16 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Jan 2008, 3:40 pm

Kimbo is a freaking can crusher once again he don’t want to fight anyone serious and don’t give me all that well who do you want him to fight shit! He wanted Tank or Gannon I mean come on step it up a bit Cung Le! at least Lesnar is fighting someone real out of the gate. This fight is a Joke!

And Sampson I have never seen Kimbo in any video or sanctioned fight KO fighters like Tank… Abbott has some of the most brutal KO”S in MMA so even while I don’t think he will have the stamina to last 60 seconds I believe he hits way harder!

Back to top Go down
I wanna talk to sampson
Champion
Champion
I wanna talk to sampson

PostSubject: Re: Exclusive: Kimbo Slice vs. Tank Abbott set for Feb. 16   Exclusive: Kimbo Slice vs. Tank Abbott set for Feb. 16 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Jan 2008, 7:50 pm

i think kimbo hits harder then tank now. his highlight reel ALSO comes with people who would get knocked the fuck out by any legitimate mma fighter. the last time tank looked like a well rounded fighter was when he trained with tito back in the day. imo
Back to top Go down
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Exclusive: Kimbo Slice vs. Tank Abbott set for Feb. 16   Exclusive: Kimbo Slice vs. Tank Abbott set for Feb. 16 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Jan 2008, 8:07 pm

His fight with Cabbage was not to long ago and not too many people can say they KO Cabbage with one punch! All I can say about this is if Tank can land it is over but Kimbo is much bigger stronger and in way better shape I think Tank will be wore out in 60 seconds or less! And end up tapping to strikes!

Ill say it again this fight is a joke Tank needs to call it a day and go back to his bar stool!
Back to top Go down
Andy
Defending Champ
Defending Champ
Andy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Exclusive: Kimbo Slice vs. Tank Abbott set for Feb. 16   Exclusive: Kimbo Slice vs. Tank Abbott set for Feb. 16 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Jan 2008, 10:15 pm

If Kimbo was white Joe would love him,...say overnight Kimbo turned into Lesnar,...Joe would already have a Kimbo shirt!!! LOL!
Back to top Go down
I wanna talk to sampson
Champion
Champion
I wanna talk to sampson

PostSubject: Re: Exclusive: Kimbo Slice vs. Tank Abbott set for Feb. 16   Exclusive: Kimbo Slice vs. Tank Abbott set for Feb. 16 Icon_minitimeSat 05 Jan 2008, 6:52 am

i know what your saying joe. tank will give it all he's got for about a minute. what fight was it that he got called in for at the last minute? wasn't it buentello??? i'm not sure but, he was drinking at the time of the last minute replacement. kimbo is by far the way better athlete and i feel that tank is the last minute sacrifice for any heavyweight fighter. how can guys like tank still headline cards and we don't hear shit about my boy yves edwards?
Back to top Go down
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Exclusive: Kimbo Slice vs. Tank Abbott set for Feb. 16   Exclusive: Kimbo Slice vs. Tank Abbott set for Feb. 16 Icon_minitimeSat 05 Jan 2008, 9:11 am

Yeah this is going to be Tanks going away party! But dont let him get the right hand in!
Back to top Go down
boondock_saint_la
Weekend Warrior
Weekend Warrior
boondock_saint_la

Male
Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2008-01-01

PostSubject: Re: Exclusive: Kimbo Slice vs. Tank Abbott set for Feb. 16   Exclusive: Kimbo Slice vs. Tank Abbott set for Feb. 16 Icon_minitimeSat 05 Jan 2008, 1:33 pm

I gotta agree with Joe. Tank is old and worn out. The Tank, is just about outta gas. This fight for Kimbo won't earn him anything if he wins, reason being, Tank is old and far outta his prime. But b/c of how Tank is, he never turns down a fight or challenge. If Tank wins, it will mean something for him. But if Kimbo wins, it won't mean anything...FIGHT A REAL FIGHTER YOU OVER HYPED PUNK!!!
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/boondock_saint_la
DennisN
Top Prospect
Top Prospect
DennisN

Male
Number of posts : 199

PostSubject: Re: Exclusive: Kimbo Slice vs. Tank Abbott set for Feb. 16   Exclusive: Kimbo Slice vs. Tank Abbott set for Feb. 16 Icon_minitimeSat 05 Jan 2008, 6:07 pm

It's not gonna be a great MMA fight. That's for sure. But it will be a fun glorified Tough Man fight. ...at least until Tank gasses near the end of the first round and goes to sleep.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/quizrox
boondock_saint_la
Weekend Warrior
Weekend Warrior
boondock_saint_la

Male

PostSubject: Re: Exclusive: Kimbo Slice vs. Tank Abbott set for Feb. 16   Exclusive: Kimbo Slice vs. Tank Abbott set for Feb. 16 Icon_minitimeSat 05 Jan 2008, 6:47 pm

DennisN wrote:
It's not gonna be a great MMA fight. That's for sure. But it will be a fun glorified Tough Man fight. ...at least until Tank gasses near the end of the first round and goes to sleep.

If tank lasts the whole first round then he will beat Kimbo. In his fight with Rey Mercer, Kimbo was winded as hell when he did his post fight interview. I'd bet my whole dvd collection that Tito Ortiz could kick both their asses in the same night.
Back to top Go down
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male

PostSubject: Kimbo Slice talks training for Tank Abbott and his thoughts   Exclusive: Kimbo Slice vs. Tank Abbott set for Feb. 16 Icon_minitimeSat 05 Jan 2008, 7:31 pm

Here’s a brand spanking new video from the guys at Triumph United, Kimbo Slice’s main sponsor, with Kimbo’s boxing trainer, Randy Khatami talking about the gameplan for Kimbo and Kimbo’s training regimen. Then we’ve got Kimbo talking about his “shitty” fight with Bo Cantrell and what he thinks about the upcoming fight against Tank Abbott.

Back to top Go down
boondock_saint_la
Weekend Warrior
Weekend Warrior
boondock_saint_la

Male

PostSubject: Re: Exclusive: Kimbo Slice vs. Tank Abbott set for Feb. 16   Exclusive: Kimbo Slice vs. Tank Abbott set for Feb. 16 Icon_minitimeSat 05 Jan 2008, 8:00 pm

Let him talk his trash and build himself up. If tank doesn't take him out, pretty soon somebody will...that is if elite xc will actually give him somebody thats not a garbage fight.

If he wants that title so bad, lets see him go for Fedor's strap. Or even Big Nog's future belt. Or hell, if kimbo thinks he really is that good, lets see him take out crocop. to quote Ric Flair,"To be the man, ya gotta beat the man."
Back to top Go down
Andy
Defending Champ
Defending Champ
Andy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Exclusive: Kimbo Slice vs. Tank Abbott set for Feb. 16   Exclusive: Kimbo Slice vs. Tank Abbott set for Feb. 16 Icon_minitimeSun 06 Jan 2008, 5:17 am

Kimbo looks to be in damn good shape and he has HUGE PRIDE, when you are a fight legend that motivates you to get better because you don't want people to see you fail and get your ass kicked!
Back to top Go down
boondock_saint_la
Weekend Warrior
Weekend Warrior
boondock_saint_la

Male

PostSubject: Re: Exclusive: Kimbo Slice vs. Tank Abbott set for Feb. 16   Exclusive: Kimbo Slice vs. Tank Abbott set for Feb. 16 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Jan 2008, 12:03 am

So Kimbo has evolved from fighting out of shape wanna be street thugs and washed up boxers and fluke fights to old men? wow...that takes talent.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Exclusive: Kimbo Slice vs. Tank Abbott set for Feb. 16   Exclusive: Kimbo Slice vs. Tank Abbott set for Feb. 16 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Exclusive: Kimbo Slice vs. Tank Abbott set for Feb. 16
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MMA (Boston) :: Strikeforce / EliteXC News!-
Jump to: