MMA (Boston)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MMA (Boston)

Anything MMA related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Joe Stevenson doesn’t like the idea of Mayweather in MMA!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male
Number of posts : 1452
Registration date : 2007-03-29

Joe Stevenson doesn’t like the idea of Mayweather in MMA! Empty
PostSubject: Joe Stevenson doesn’t like the idea of Mayweather in MMA!   Joe Stevenson doesn’t like the idea of Mayweather in MMA! Icon_minitimeWed 26 Dec 2007, 12:30 am

Joe Stevenson doesn’t like the idea of Mayweather in MMA! Stevenson-pellegrino0766

Joe “Daddy” Stevenson, who will be fighting B.J. Penn at UFC 80, apparently hates the idea of Floyd Mayweather making the crossover to mixed martial arts.
From Yahoo! Sports:

“He represents himself in a different manner and it’s not the way I think is correct for our athletes,” Stevenson said. “You don’t brag about how much money you make. That’s totally disrespectful. I’ve seen him in clubs and I’ve seen the way he treats people and I can tell you, that’s not the kind of a guy we want representing this sport.”
Joe Stevenson isn’t pulling any punches. As a matter of fact, he sounds pretty confident that he would beat Floyd if given the opportunity:

“Boxing and MMA are different sports. He’s a great boxer. He’s the best. I was rooting for Ricky Hatton and I have to give Floyd credit for doing what he did. But he’d be in an entirely different sport. And yeah, his strikes would be intimidating, but I’d take him down. He’d have to be able to defend a takedown and that sounds a lot easier than it is.”
And finally, Stevenson represents his argument as to why MMA doesn’t need Floyd Mayweather:

“I don’t think we need that kind of attention,” Stevenson said. “We have a great sport and a lot of people are beginning to realize that, more every day. We don’t have to bring in the best boxers just to get people to pay attention to us, because they’re realizing what a great sport we have already.”
Exactly. Like Notorious B.I.G. once said: Mo’ money, mo’ problems. MMA doesn’t need Floyd Mayweather. In fact, he’s the last thing the sport needs. He brings exactly the kind of “me first” attitude that the sport has yet to be tainted by, save for the Randy Couture situation.

And what happens, if say, Floyd does happen to fight in a mixed martial arts bout? He’s going to command a huge payday. Guys who have been busting their asses for years to break into the elite levels of mixed martial arts are getting by on enough to feed their families while still maintaining a day job. Is it fair that a guy with little training and no experience should command a huge payday when he hasn’t paid his dues in the sport? No.
Mayweather has proven himself in the boxing ring, nothing more.

He doesn’t deserve the platform that he’ll receive if he does end up crossing over. We’ve seen what the guy does when he’s on a platform. It’s “me first.” Mo’ money. Mo’ problems.

source: http://fiveouncesofpain.com/
Back to top Go down
http://mma-boston.niceboard.com
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male
Number of posts : 1452

PostSubject: Re: Joe Stevenson doesn’t like the idea of Mayweather in MMA!   Joe Stevenson doesn’t like the idea of Mayweather in MMA! Icon_minitimeWed 26 Dec 2007, 12:35 am

good for Joe i bet money he beats Floyds ass!
Back to top Go down
http://mma-boston.niceboard.com
Andy
Defending Champ
Defending Champ
Andy

Male
Number of posts : 744

PostSubject: Re: Joe Stevenson doesn’t like the idea of Mayweather in MMA!   Joe Stevenson doesn’t like the idea of Mayweather in MMA! Icon_minitimeWed 26 Dec 2007, 4:42 am

Hell yeah, I bet that pussy Kurt Pelligrino would even beat Pretty Boy Floyd!!
Back to top Go down
I wanna talk to sampson
Champion
Champion
I wanna talk to sampson

Number of posts : 355

PostSubject: Re: Joe Stevenson doesn’t like the idea of Mayweather in MMA!   Joe Stevenson doesn’t like the idea of Mayweather in MMA! Icon_minitimeMon 31 Dec 2007, 6:23 pm

any mma fighter who's been training for a year would beat his ass.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Joe Stevenson doesn’t like the idea of Mayweather in MMA!   Joe Stevenson doesn’t like the idea of Mayweather in MMA! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Joe Stevenson doesn’t like the idea of Mayweather in MMA!
Page 1 of 1