MMA (Boston)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MMA (Boston)

Anything MMA related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

UFC 76: Evan Tanner vs. Marvin Eastman

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male
Number of posts : 1452
Registration date : 2007-03-29

UFC 76: Evan Tanner vs. Marvin Eastman Empty
PostSubject: UFC 76: Evan Tanner vs. Marvin Eastman   UFC 76: Evan Tanner vs. Marvin Eastman Icon_minitimeFri 03 Aug 2007, 4:20 pm

UFC 76: Evan Tanner vs. Marvin Eastman Marvineastman_evantanner

Evan Tanner will face Marvin Eastman at UFC 76 in September. The fight is expected to be televised.

Tanner was one of the first fighters added to the UFC 76 card earlier this year but remained opponent-less for some time as some speculated he may not fight at the event at all. After a bout between Eastman and Drew McFedries at UFC 77 was scrapped it appears the former UFC Middleweight Champion will now face “The Beastman”.

With a 32-6 MMA record Tanner has extensive experience and will be a very solid addition to the UFC’s weak middleweight division. With a rematch between current Middleweight Champion Anderson Silva and former champion Rich Franklin looming the UFC needs another top contender and fast and Tanner may just fit the bill. Early in his career Tanner defeated Heath herring to win the Uniter Shoot Wrestling Federation’s Heavyweight Title. He successfully defended the title 7 times and after 3 UFC winsearned a shot at the UFC Light Heavyweight Championship. Although he was defeated by Tito Ortiz in the championship bout he remained in the UFC winning 6 of his next 7 UFC fights to earn a shot at the middleweight title. He defeated David Terrell at UFC 51 to win the middleweight title but lost it to Rich Franlin in his first attempted title defense. In April 2006 Tanner defeated Justin Levens by submission but has not fought since.

Eastman first fought in the UFC in 2003 losing to Vitor Belfort. Another loss to Travs Lutter in 2004 sent Eastman packing. After fighting extensively outside of the UFC he made his return at UFC 67 where he was defeated by Quinton “Rampage” Jackson in the second round by KO. Following the loss Eastman headlined an International Fighting Organization event which he won by unanimous decision. A loss in his fight against Tanner would likely force Eastman out of the UFC permanantly barring a string of strong victories.
Back to top Go down
http://mma-boston.niceboard.com
I wanna talk to sampson
Champion
Champion
I wanna talk to sampson

Number of posts : 355

PostSubject: Re: UFC 76: Evan Tanner vs. Marvin Eastman   UFC 76: Evan Tanner vs. Marvin Eastman Icon_minitimeFri 03 Aug 2007, 8:45 pm

soooo, what's the deal with mcfedries? did i miss something?
Back to top Go down
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male

PostSubject: Re: UFC 76: Evan Tanner vs. Marvin Eastman   UFC 76: Evan Tanner vs. Marvin Eastman Icon_minitimeSat 04 Aug 2007, 1:44 am

The fight fell through! I dont know why?
Back to top Go down
I wanna talk to sampson
Champion
Champion
I wanna talk to sampson

PostSubject: Re: UFC 76: Evan Tanner vs. Marvin Eastman   UFC 76: Evan Tanner vs. Marvin Eastman Icon_minitimeSat 04 Aug 2007, 9:45 am

i hope he didn't get hurt.
Back to top Go down
Andy
Defending Champ
Defending Champ
Andy

Male
Number of posts : 744

PostSubject: Re: UFC 76: Evan Tanner vs. Marvin Eastman   UFC 76: Evan Tanner vs. Marvin Eastman Icon_minitimeSat 04 Aug 2007, 2:11 pm

Hit him up Sampson, see if we can get a little follow up from him!!
Back to top Go down
I wanna talk to sampson
Champion
Champion
I wanna talk to sampson

PostSubject: Re: UFC 76: Evan Tanner vs. Marvin Eastman   UFC 76: Evan Tanner vs. Marvin Eastman Icon_minitimeSun 05 Aug 2007, 6:51 am

i like the way you think! it took me a couple of times to get ahold of him but, i'll try.
Back to top Go down
Andy
Defending Champ
Defending Champ
Andy

Male
Number of posts : 744

PostSubject: Re: UFC 76: Evan Tanner vs. Marvin Eastman   UFC 76: Evan Tanner vs. Marvin Eastman Icon_minitimeSun 05 Aug 2007, 1:39 pm

Atta boy!
Back to top Go down
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male

PostSubject: Re: UFC 76: Evan Tanner vs. Marvin Eastman   UFC 76: Evan Tanner vs. Marvin Eastman Icon_minitimeSun 05 Aug 2007, 5:15 pm

Hell yeah man a little 5 question inside scoop!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UFC 76: Evan Tanner vs. Marvin Eastman   UFC 76: Evan Tanner vs. Marvin Eastman Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

UFC 76: Evan Tanner vs. Marvin Eastman
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MMA (Boston) :: Ultimate Fighting Championships News-
Jump to: