MMA (Boston)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MMA (Boston)

Anything MMA related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Brandon Vera Posts Message About His Current Situation

Go down 
+2
Seth
JoeDaddy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male
Number of posts : 1452
Registration date : 2007-03-29

Brandon Vera Posts Message About His Current Situation Empty
PostSubject: Brandon Vera Posts Message About His Current Situation   Brandon Vera Posts Message About His Current Situation Icon_minitimeThu 29 Mar 2007, 1:37 am

The following is a message posted on the Sherdog forums, by UFC Heavyweight contender Brandon "The Truth" Vera:

BrandonVera
Professional Fighter

Here's a bone.......

When someone lies to you... it becomes a fu*ked up thing. Then they start talking sh*t about your cuz thier wrong? It becomes something else. It is what it is... I've left City and am in process with the CSAC for my managerial contract. I WILL be fighting soon, and it WILL be a good one. Hope everyone the best. Yeah.......... I'm training.
Back to top Go down
http://mma-boston.niceboard.com
Seth
Contender
Contender
Seth

Male
Number of posts : 223

PostSubject: Re: Brandon Vera Posts Message About His Current Situation   Brandon Vera Posts Message About His Current Situation Icon_minitimeThu 29 Mar 2007, 2:50 am

I read this somewhere, but I have no idea what the deal is.

What happened?
Back to top Go down
Andy
Defending Champ
Defending Champ
Andy

Male
Number of posts : 744

PostSubject: Re: Brandon Vera Posts Message About His Current Situation   Brandon Vera Posts Message About His Current Situation Icon_minitimeThu 29 Mar 2007, 3:03 am

Sounds like about what Tito Ortiz's last blog said...Dana isn't being straight with him and then running to the press with "first impression stories"--whatever you hear first is generally what you believe.
Back to top Go down
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Brandon Vera Posts Message About His Current Situation   Brandon Vera Posts Message About His Current Situation Icon_minitimeThu 29 Mar 2007, 7:41 am

Sounds like Dana has too many fighters and the upper hand it sucks though I really wanted to see this guy fight Arlovski! He just don’t bend for rookies ask Diego!
Back to top Go down
Andy
Defending Champ
Defending Champ
Andy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Brandon Vera Posts Message About His Current Situation   Brandon Vera Posts Message About His Current Situation Icon_minitimeThu 29 Mar 2007, 1:52 pm

Exactly!! Dana and crew are SKYROCKETING!!! You come to the bargaining table and get a deal done to fight in the biggest forum going, if not--you are assed out!! Vera supposedly turned down a 200,000 a fight deal--a five fight deal for a million bucks...VERA WASN'T HAVING IT!!!!
Back to top Go down
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Brandon Vera Posts Message About His Current Situation   Brandon Vera Posts Message About His Current Situation Icon_minitimeThu 29 Mar 2007, 1:55 pm

Well with all the competition folding all he has now is Elite XC and id the UFC wins that law suit it may be the end of them Vera will be back! Poor guy!No
Back to top Go down
Andy
Defending Champ
Defending Champ
Andy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Brandon Vera Posts Message About His Current Situation   Brandon Vera Posts Message About His Current Situation Icon_minitimeThu 29 Mar 2007, 1:57 pm

By the way Jdiddy, how are you gonna let Saebjorn the Fearsome beat me to the name..:Rampage is gonna beat Liddell"???? I guess i'll settle for something a little easier to spell-LOL
Back to top Go down
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Brandon Vera Posts Message About His Current Situation   Brandon Vera Posts Message About His Current Situation Icon_minitimeThu 29 Mar 2007, 2:03 pm

The cool thing is I can change anything as a moderator I have so much control over this site not like myspace at all try logging into the chat at the bottom and on the top links click the tab that says portal im going to make that the home page and change where it says home to forum!
Back to top Go down
maurisanv
Noob
Noob
maurisanv

Female
Number of posts : 14

PostSubject: Re: Brandon Vera Posts Message About His Current Situation   Brandon Vera Posts Message About His Current Situation Icon_minitimeThu 29 Mar 2007, 7:12 pm

I like Vera as a fighter I just think it is interesting 2 days after the Fertitta's buy Pride he signs an extension on his contract.

Plus I read an article - which I cannot find now that he was blaming his management for turning down the last deal with the UFC without consulting him.
Back to top Go down
I wanna talk to sampson
Champion
Champion
I wanna talk to sampson

Number of posts : 355

PostSubject: Re: Brandon Vera Posts Message About His Current Situation   Brandon Vera Posts Message About His Current Situation Icon_minitimeThu 29 Mar 2007, 7:56 pm

i like vera. he's gonna do well.
Back to top Go down
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Brandon Vera Posts Message About His Current Situation   Brandon Vera Posts Message About His Current Situation Icon_minitimeThu 29 Mar 2007, 8:19 pm

Yeah his options are running out so the next thing to go will be his advisors and management that way he has an excuse when he comes crawling back with his tail between his legs! I mean I don’t want to sound harsh but what has he done? Who has he beaten? Why does he think he is better then 200,000 dollars a fight! I mean I have never seen them offer that much money to any rookie fighter or a top prospect ! He was dumb to walk away from that deal!
Back to top Go down
Seth
Contender
Contender
Seth

Male

PostSubject: Re: Brandon Vera Posts Message About His Current Situation   Brandon Vera Posts Message About His Current Situation Icon_minitimeThu 29 Mar 2007, 9:06 pm

Andy wrote:
By the way Jdiddy, how are you gonna let Saebjorn the Fearsome beat me to the name..:Rampage is gonna beat Liddell"???? I guess i'll settle for something a little easier to spell-LOL

AHAHA you weren't fast enough
Back to top Go down
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Brandon Vera Posts Message About His Current Situation   Brandon Vera Posts Message About His Current Situation Icon_minitimeThu 29 Mar 2007, 9:09 pm

did you see the pic of your boy i posted?
Back to top Go down
Seth
Contender
Contender
Seth

Male

PostSubject: Re: Brandon Vera Posts Message About His Current Situation   Brandon Vera Posts Message About His Current Situation Icon_minitimeThu 29 Mar 2007, 9:11 pm

Jackson? If it's the Print of him yes I saw.
Back to top Go down
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Brandon Vera Posts Message About His Current Situation   Brandon Vera Posts Message About His Current Situation Icon_minitimeThu 29 Mar 2007, 9:19 pm

yeah thats the one he did that a long time ago he sure to do another one of him soon i think he would need to win first and that wont happen soooo!
Back to top Go down
TwisteDceL
Champion
Champion
TwisteDceL

Male
Number of posts : 481

PostSubject: Re: Brandon Vera Posts Message About His Current Situation   Brandon Vera Posts Message About His Current Situation Icon_minitimeThu 29 Mar 2007, 9:59 pm

i think it was a mistake 4 him 2 hold out this early in his career....but i also believe that 500,000 a fight (if u are in a main event match) is not unreasonable. i heard that ufc averages 20 million per ppv. that alone could pay the fighters a lot more than they are making now! thats not 2 mention the live tickets, tv revenue, and other income.
my opinion 9as little as it matters), he should go 2 elite or whoever was going 2 pay him more, win the belt, then the ufc pretty much HAS 2 pay him 2 come back. it seems like thats how the ufc operates (cc,silva,ect.). make another company money and the ufc will come crawling.
Back to top Go down
http://soulofcel.googlepages.com/home
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Brandon Vera Posts Message About His Current Situation   Brandon Vera Posts Message About His Current Situation Icon_minitimeThu 29 Mar 2007, 10:03 pm

The problem is the UFC has turned there sites on Elite XC they aim to take that Showtime deal because HBO wants full control of the broadcast of MMA on HBO! And Dana is not going to let that happen so they filed law suit against Elite and ShowTime! I do also believe Brandon deserved more money but like everyone else he should work his way up!
Back to top Go down
TwisteDceL
Champion
Champion
TwisteDceL

Male

PostSubject: Re: Brandon Vera Posts Message About His Current Situation   Brandon Vera Posts Message About His Current Situation Icon_minitimeThu 29 Mar 2007, 10:12 pm

JoeDaddy wrote:

The problem is the UFC has turned there sites on Elite XC they aim to take that Showtime deal because HBO wants full control of the broadcast of MMA on HBO! And Dana is not going to let that happen so they filed law suit against Elite and ShowTime! I do also believe Brandon deserved more money but like everyone else he should work his way up!

yeah...like i said. he may b worth it....but he had very bad timing.
Back to top Go down
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Brandon Vera Posts Message About His Current Situation   Brandon Vera Posts Message About His Current Situation Icon_minitimeThu 29 Mar 2007, 10:20 pm

thats true i liked him he is an exciting fighter! i see you got the Pic up cool beans!
Back to top Go down
Seth
Contender
Contender
Seth

Male

PostSubject: Re: Brandon Vera Posts Message About His Current Situation   Brandon Vera Posts Message About His Current Situation Icon_minitimeThu 29 Mar 2007, 10:25 pm

My word Joe is your font small enough?
Back to top Go down
TwisteDceL
Champion
Champion
TwisteDceL

Male

PostSubject: Re: Brandon Vera Posts Message About His Current Situation   Brandon Vera Posts Message About His Current Situation Icon_minitimeThu 29 Mar 2007, 10:25 pm

yeah....i posted this one until i can make one with a little more flavor. ive been lazy on the graphics lately. my daughter all of a sudden doesnt like sleep.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brandon Vera Posts Message About His Current Situation   Brandon Vera Posts Message About His Current Situation Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brandon Vera Posts Message About His Current Situation
Page 1 of 1