MMA (Boston)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MMA (Boston)

Anything MMA related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

UFC 84: Mauricio ‘Shogun’ Rua expects to fight on the card

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male
Number of posts : 1452
Registration date : 2007-03-29

UFC 84: Mauricio ‘Shogun’ Rua expects to fight on the card Empty
PostSubject: UFC 84: Mauricio ‘Shogun’ Rua expects to fight on the card   UFC 84: Mauricio ‘Shogun’ Rua expects to fight on the card Icon_minitimeThu 10 Jan 2008, 7:22 pm

UFC 84: Mauricio ‘Shogun’ Rua expects to fight on the card Shogun

Pride FC light heavyweight sensation, Mauricio “Shogun” Rua, expects to return to action at UFC 84 on April 19 at the Bell Centre in Montreal, Canada, according to GracieMag.com.
No opponent was named in the report.
Here’s a snip from the Brazilian:

“I’m already preparing for my return, I’ll fight on April 19th. Ninja and Dida go back in March. I’m injury free and with none of the pains in my knee that bothered me so, I’ll devote my entire day to fighting and I’ll be 100%. I’ll do my best to give back to my fans.”

Rua — who is recovering from recent knee surgery — will be looking for redemption after getting submitted via rear naked choke in his Octagon debut against Forrest Griffin at UFC 76: “Knockout” in September 2007.

It was a major upset because Rua was widely considered at the time the most talented 205-pound fighter in the sport of mixed martial arts. He holds dominant wins over standouts such as Quinton “Rampage” Jackson, Ricardo Arona, Alistair Overeem, Antonio Rogerio Nogueira and others.

There are numerous possible opponents for Rua; however, the one getting the most buzz is Tito Ortiz. “The Huntington Beach Bad Boy” could also be lined up for Lyoto Machida.
Time will tell.

source: http://mmamania.com/
Back to top Go down
http://mma-boston.niceboard.com
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male
Number of posts : 1452

PostSubject: Re: UFC 84: Mauricio ‘Shogun’ Rua expects to fight on the card   UFC 84: Mauricio ‘Shogun’ Rua expects to fight on the card Icon_minitimeThu 10 Jan 2008, 7:28 pm

Maybe he and Machida would be a great fight!
Back to top Go down
http://mma-boston.niceboard.com
Andy
Defending Champ
Defending Champ
Andy

Male
Number of posts : 744

PostSubject: Re: UFC 84: Mauricio ‘Shogun’ Rua expects to fight on the card   UFC 84: Mauricio ‘Shogun’ Rua expects to fight on the card Icon_minitimeThu 10 Jan 2008, 11:05 pm

I have a hard time seeing Lyoto Machida everr being involved in a "great fight"...he would have to totally change his ways!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UFC 84: Mauricio ‘Shogun’ Rua expects to fight on the card   UFC 84: Mauricio ‘Shogun’ Rua expects to fight on the card Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

UFC 84: Mauricio ‘Shogun’ Rua expects to fight on the card
Page 1 of 1