MMA (Boston)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MMA (Boston)

Anything MMA related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

UFC 81: Jeremy Horn vs. Nate Marquardt

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male
Number of posts : 1452
Registration date : 2007-03-29

UFC 81: Jeremy Horn vs. Nate Marquardt Empty
PostSubject: UFC 81: Jeremy Horn vs. Nate Marquardt   UFC 81: Jeremy Horn vs. Nate Marquardt Icon_minitimeWed 09 Jan 2008, 7:12 pm

UFC 81: Jeremy Horn vs. Nate Marquardt Natemarquardt-jeremyhorn

“Gumby” is back!

Veteran Jeremy Horn (79-16-5) will fill-in for the injured Thales Leites against Nate Marquardt (25-7-2) at UFC 81: “Breaking Point” on February 2 at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas, Nevada, according to UFC.com.

Here’s the full snip:

“Returning to the Octagon for the first time since back to back wins over Trevor Prangley and Chael Sonnen in 2005-2006 , respected middleweight contender Jeremy Horn will replace injured Thales Leites and face Nate Marquardt on February 2nd’s UFC 81 card in Las Vegas.”
At just 32 years old, Horn is already legend in the sport of mixed martial arts. He has competed off and on inside the Octagon since 1998. His last appearance was in May 2006, submitting Chael Sonnen via armbar at UFC 60: “Hughes vs. Gracie.”

The last two years Horn has taken a much deserved break from competition, focusing primarily on training fighters. However, he did take three fights during that time and lost two of them (Matt Lindland and Jorge Santiago).

Marquardt is looking to rebound from his loss to UFC Middleweight Champion, Anderson Silva, at UFC 73: “Stacked” back in July 2007. He was set to face Thales Leites (again), but the Brazilian sustained a broken hand while training for the bout and was forced to withdraw.

Let’s hope the condensed pre-fight training schedule does not affect Horn and we see a great fight on SuperBowl weekend.
For the latest UFC 81 fight card click here.

source: http://mmamania.com/
Back to top Go down
http://mma-boston.niceboard.com
Andy
Defending Champ
Defending Champ
Andy

Male
Number of posts : 744

PostSubject: Re: UFC 81: Jeremy Horn vs. Nate Marquardt   UFC 81: Jeremy Horn vs. Nate Marquardt Icon_minitimeThu 10 Jan 2008, 12:11 am

I gotta pick the submission master Jeremy Horn, he has more cage experience than probably any other fighter and as long as he is in shape wins this fight. Marquardt hasn't really showed me anything to this point~
Back to top Go down
I wanna talk to sampson
Champion
Champion
I wanna talk to sampson

Number of posts : 355

PostSubject: Re: UFC 81: Jeremy Horn vs. Nate Marquardt   UFC 81: Jeremy Horn vs. Nate Marquardt Icon_minitimeThu 10 Jan 2008, 12:19 pm

glad to see horn back in the ufc but, my pick is marquardt.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UFC 81: Jeremy Horn vs. Nate Marquardt   UFC 81: Jeremy Horn vs. Nate Marquardt Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

UFC 81: Jeremy Horn vs. Nate Marquardt
Page 1 of 1