MMA (Boston)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MMA (Boston)

Anything MMA related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Bob Arum: Pavlik’s win a “blow to the UFC”

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male
Number of posts : 1452
Registration date : 2007-03-29

Bob Arum: Pavlik’s win a “blow to the UFC” Empty
PostSubject: Bob Arum: Pavlik’s win a “blow to the UFC”   Bob Arum: Pavlik’s win a “blow to the UFC” Icon_minitimeMon 01 Oct 2007, 1:49 pm

While boxing has someone in Pavlik that could bring new fans to the sport, promoter Bob Arum may have went overboard with this one quote that appears at BoxingScene.com:

“I just think that he’s going to revive boxing in the Midwest and it’s going to spread to the rest of the country. I’ll tell you, this was the biggest blow to the UFC since the sort of competition began because all the young kids are going to come back to boxing. There is nothing in UFC or any of this martial arts bullsh*t that compares to this.”

Does Bob Arum not realize that no matter what he says MMA is not going anywhere! It is not just the new Craze it is not just the new fad! Boxing is working hard to get back the credibility of their spot and has some great fights coming this year and in 08. Pavlik is just what they needed, but one guy will not overtake MMA and it seems to me that there is plenty of room for both sports! Now while I don’t agree with co promotions I do think both sports can coexist. And in my opinion all his talking hurts Boxing, and as a MMA fan first I will always choose a MMA event over a Boxing event! -JD
Back to top Go down
http://mma-boston.niceboard.com
Seth
Contender
Contender
Seth

Male
Number of posts : 223

PostSubject: Re: Bob Arum: Pavlik’s win a “blow to the UFC”   Bob Arum: Pavlik’s win a “blow to the UFC” Icon_minitimeTue 02 Oct 2007, 12:34 am

Boxing is not going to over come MMA
Back to top Go down
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Bob Arum: Pavlik’s win a “blow to the UFC”   Bob Arum: Pavlik’s win a “blow to the UFC” Icon_minitimeTue 02 Oct 2007, 12:38 am

No but it can coexist if dumb ass people like him shut up!
Back to top Go down
Seth
Contender
Contender
Seth

Male

PostSubject: Re: Bob Arum: Pavlik’s win a “blow to the UFC”   Bob Arum: Pavlik’s win a “blow to the UFC” Icon_minitimeTue 02 Oct 2007, 12:40 am

That is true.

Whatever happened to some boxer wanting to fight an MMA guy??
Back to top Go down
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Bob Arum: Pavlik’s win a “blow to the UFC”   Bob Arum: Pavlik’s win a “blow to the UFC” Icon_minitimeTue 02 Oct 2007, 12:43 am

That was kermit centron after Mayweather backed down! He said he would fight anyone and Dana laughed at him! He never said anything else after Din said what he said!
Back to top Go down
Seth
Contender
Contender
Seth

Male

PostSubject: Re: Bob Arum: Pavlik’s win a “blow to the UFC”   Bob Arum: Pavlik’s win a “blow to the UFC” Icon_minitimeTue 02 Oct 2007, 12:54 am

Bah, damn chicken shits. I want to see a boxer get taken down and sub'd
Back to top Go down
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Bob Arum: Pavlik’s win a “blow to the UFC”   Bob Arum: Pavlik’s win a “blow to the UFC” Icon_minitimeTue 02 Oct 2007, 12:58 am

Marcus Davis was a boxer 21-0 he has trained MMA for like 4 years though! Just keeps getting better!
Back to top Go down
Seth
Contender
Contender
Seth

Male

PostSubject: Re: Bob Arum: Pavlik’s win a “blow to the UFC”   Bob Arum: Pavlik’s win a “blow to the UFC” Icon_minitimeTue 02 Oct 2007, 12:59 am

Will he fight in UFC?????????????
Back to top Go down
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Bob Arum: Pavlik’s win a “blow to the UFC”   Bob Arum: Pavlik’s win a “blow to the UFC” Icon_minitimeTue 02 Oct 2007, 1:06 am

he has been he beat Shonie Carter in Iraq! just got fight of the night and submission of the night over in England! Since he has honed in his MMA skill he is on a tear!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marcus_Davis
Back to top Go down
Seth
Contender
Contender
Seth

Male

PostSubject: Re: Bob Arum: Pavlik’s win a “blow to the UFC”   Bob Arum: Pavlik’s win a “blow to the UFC” Icon_minitimeTue 02 Oct 2007, 1:12 am

Oh him, I like him. I didn't know he was a boxer.

Looks like he figured out MMA is where the real comp is at.

or the real money
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bob Arum: Pavlik’s win a “blow to the UFC”   Bob Arum: Pavlik’s win a “blow to the UFC” Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bob Arum: Pavlik’s win a “blow to the UFC”
Page 1 of 1