MMA (Boston)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MMA (Boston)

Anything MMA related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Jason MacDonald Verbally Agrees to UFC 77 Bout with Okami!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male
Number of posts : 1452
Registration date : 2007-03-29

Jason MacDonald Verbally Agrees to UFC 77 Bout with Okami! Empty
PostSubject: Jason MacDonald Verbally Agrees to UFC 77 Bout with Okami!   Jason MacDonald Verbally Agrees to UFC 77 Bout with Okami! Icon_minitimeMon 13 Aug 2007, 4:56 pm

Jason MacDonald Verbally Agrees to UFC 77 Bout with Okami! Jasonmacdonald

Canadian fighter Jason MacDonald (19-8 MMA, 3-1 UFC) has verbally agreed to fight Yushin Okami (21-3 MMA, 4-1 UFC) at UFC 77 in Cincinnati.

The news about the Oct. 20 fight comes from The Fight Network.
Assuming the deal goes through, the middleweight battle will likely appear on the night’s televised main card. The event, which takes place at U.S. Bank Arena, is expected to air on pay-per-view.

MacDonald, who last fought at UFC 72, survived an early onslaught from Rory Singer to pick up an eventual second-round TKO. Prior to the win, he dropped a TKO to Rich Franklin at UFC 68 in March.

Okami, perhaps one of the UFC’s most underrated and accomplished fighters, recently lost a unanimous decision to Franklin at UFC 72. The MMA veteran owns a 21-3 MMA record (and a 4-1 mark in the UFC) and has been stopped just once since he began competing professionally in 2002. A split-decision loss and a majority-decision loss are the only other blemishes on an otherwise perfect record.

Local product Franklin takes on current UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva in UFC 77’s main event. Additionally, Tito Ortiz is expected to fight Rashad Evans (in a rematch stemming from their draw at UFC 73) on the night’s main card.

The event now has nine rumored bouts.
Back to top Go down
http://mma-boston.niceboard.com
I wanna talk to sampson
Champion
Champion
I wanna talk to sampson

Number of posts : 355

PostSubject: Re: Jason MacDonald Verbally Agrees to UFC 77 Bout with Okami!   Jason MacDonald Verbally Agrees to UFC 77 Bout with Okami! Icon_minitimeFri 17 Aug 2007, 9:09 am

this is the perfect fight for the middleweight division right now. i'm pissed about mcfedries.
Back to top Go down
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Jason MacDonald Verbally Agrees to UFC 77 Bout with Okami!   Jason MacDonald Verbally Agrees to UFC 77 Bout with Okami! Icon_minitimeTue 21 Aug 2007, 1:40 pm

Okami is strong this is a tuff fight for MacDonald no pun intended!
Back to top Go down
I wanna talk to sampson
Champion
Champion
I wanna talk to sampson

PostSubject: Re: Jason MacDonald Verbally Agrees to UFC 77 Bout with Okami!   Jason MacDonald Verbally Agrees to UFC 77 Bout with Okami! Icon_minitimeTue 21 Aug 2007, 3:15 pm

no doubt! i'm goin with macdonald by sub. though.
Back to top Go down
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Jason MacDonald Verbally Agrees to UFC 77 Bout with Okami!   Jason MacDonald Verbally Agrees to UFC 77 Bout with Okami! Icon_minitimeTue 21 Aug 2007, 3:27 pm

yeah i think he wins from his back in this fight!
Back to top Go down
I wanna talk to sampson
Champion
Champion
I wanna talk to sampson

PostSubject: Re: Jason MacDonald Verbally Agrees to UFC 77 Bout with Okami!   Jason MacDonald Verbally Agrees to UFC 77 Bout with Okami! Icon_minitimeTue 21 Aug 2007, 4:19 pm

yep
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jason MacDonald Verbally Agrees to UFC 77 Bout with Okami!   Jason MacDonald Verbally Agrees to UFC 77 Bout with Okami! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jason MacDonald Verbally Agrees to UFC 77 Bout with Okami!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MMA (Boston) :: Ultimate Fighting Championships News-
Jump to: