MMA (Boston)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MMA (Boston)

Anything MMA related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Joe Stevenson could fight for title with a win at UFC 74!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male
Number of posts : 1452
Registration date : 2007-03-29

Joe Stevenson could fight for title with a win at UFC 74! Empty
PostSubject: Joe Stevenson could fight for title with a win at UFC 74!   Joe Stevenson could fight for title with a win at UFC 74! Icon_minitimeThu 09 Aug 2007, 3:07 pm

Joe Stevenson could fight for title with a win at UFC 74! Joestevenson

With a win over Kurt Pellegrino at UFC 74: “Respect” on August 25, season two welterweight winner of The Ultimate Fighter (TUF), Joe Stevenson, could find himself fighting BJ Penn for the vacant 155-pound title later this year, according to a recent Yahoo!Sports article.

Of course, Sean Sherk would have to be stripped of his belt for the scenario to pan out. And that matter won’t be resolved until sometime in October at the earliest when Sherk appeals his suspension for using illegal steroids at UFC 73 before the California State Athletic Commission (CSAS).
Nonetheless, this report sheds some insight on what might happen if the findings on Sherk are upheld.

Here’s a snip mash:

“UFC President Dana White may have to find someone to fight B.J. Penn for the vacant lightweight title if Sherk is stripped…. White said he hadn’t made up his mind what to do because he said he believes Sherk’s denials, but he said if Sherk is suspended by the commission, he would probably strip him of the belt … [he] concedes that Stevenson may get a shot at the UFC lightweight championship later this year pending the resolution of a steroids complaint filed against champion Sean Sherk by the California Athletic Commission.”

While not set in stone, the recent developments in the division have raised the stakes significantly for Stevenson — beat “Batman” and he’s (possibly) fast tracked himself to a title shot against the Hawaiian.

Here’s a snip from “Daddy:”

“The motivating thing for me is, pushing myself to be better every day knowing that I’m getting near that (title shot) and that it’s becoming more and more of a reality for me. Now is the time more than ever I can’t afford a slip. I totally understand that. Sometimes, when you have a bad fight or whatever, you say to yourself, ‘Well, there’s another time.’ But I can’t afford right now to think that way. I have to be on top of it. I have to be impressive in everything I do now, because I know my chance might depend upon it.”
Back to top Go down
http://mma-boston.niceboard.com
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male
Number of posts : 1452
Registration date : 2007-03-29

Joe Stevenson could fight for title with a win at UFC 74! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joe Stevenson could fight for title with a win at UFC 74!   Joe Stevenson could fight for title with a win at UFC 74! Icon_minitimeThu 09 Aug 2007, 3:10 pm

Joe is a good guy he deserves the shot if it works out that way!
Back to top Go down
http://mma-boston.niceboard.com

Joe Stevenson could fight for title with a win at UFC 74!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MMA (Boston) :: Ultimate Fighting Championships News-
Jump to: