MMA (Boston)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MMA (Boston)

Anything MMA related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Is the UFC going to lose out on Fedor?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male
Number of posts : 1452
Registration date : 2007-03-29

Is the UFC going to lose out on Fedor? Empty
PostSubject: Is the UFC going to lose out on Fedor?   Is the UFC going to lose out on Fedor? Icon_minitimeFri 27 Jul 2007, 1:27 pm

Is the UFC going to lose out on Fedor? Fedortd6is8-1

During recent interviews, UFC president Dana White has commented that he expects to have Pride heavyweight champion Fedor Emelianenko under contract by the end of 2007 or the start of 2008.

However, in a recent interview with Sherdog.com, Fedor’s manager, Vadim Finkelstein, makes it sound as though Fedor in the UFC is far from a sure deal:

Sherdog.com: As Fedor’s manager, can you please fill us in on the current state of his contract negotiations.

VF: At the moment we are in negotiations with a number of organizations who have put offers on the table. I’ll be blunt in saying that the UFC offer is the most financially attractive one. However they are very harsh in their terms and are not very flexible in actually negotiating them.

Fedor has now been the PRIDE heavyweight champion for four years and I think we have earned the right to negotiate a contract that suits both parties. Instead we are faced with a blunt “you are either in or you’re out.” This does not really suit us. If the negotiations continue in a similar manner, we’ll prefer to fight for less money but with an organization which is more flexible.

The problem is that Fedor is the face of Combat Sambo in Russia. His popularity is at a level where he is acquainted with president Putin himself, in part because he is so successful and well known for Combat Sambo here.

Combat Sambo is a Russian sport that’s not at a level of difficulty of MMA, but is hugely popular with our public. Fedor must represent Russia in Combat Sambo and at world championships, specifically the ones coming up in September. All we want him to do is compete something like once a year in Combat Sambo. But the UFC is not happy with that.

Their proposal has all kinds of clauses, all kinds of fines etc. that do not suit us. The UFC is not really that eager to communicate and negotiate. The negotiations are still continuing, and we will try very hard to get our demands met, if not Fedor will simply not compete in the UFC, even though that will be unfortunate as they currently have one of the, if not the, strongest, heavyweight divisions in the world.
Back to top Go down
http://mma-boston.niceboard.com
fuzz203

PostSubject: Re: Is the UFC going to lose out on Fedor?   Is the UFC going to lose out on Fedor? Icon_minitimeFri 27 Jul 2007, 3:49 pm

Joe, did you see the comments coming out of Sherdog? Terms & Conditions, restrictions holding things up. Love to see Fedor in the UFC, but honestly. We all just want to see him fight. period.
Back to top Go down
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Is the UFC going to lose out on Fedor?   Is the UFC going to lose out on Fedor? Icon_minitimeFri 27 Jul 2007, 6:59 pm

Yeah they may be dropping the ball here! Just recently The UFC let Chris Lytle fight somewhere else but it got canceled,
But he let him fight also the kid Jeremy Stephens that just lost to Din Thomas was allowed to fight for another small promotion and lost! He is now done in the UFC! I think this is shit!

Fedor is Russian Combat Sambo he should be allowed to go back and compete for his country! It’s not like he is asking to fight for Elite EX or something! You would think in order to get the best in the business they would be flexible on that! It is not like he wants to fight with Elite XC or K1...
Back to top Go down
TwisteDceL
Champion
Champion
TwisteDceL

Male
Number of posts : 481

PostSubject: Re: Is the UFC going to lose out on Fedor?   Is the UFC going to lose out on Fedor? Icon_minitimeSat 28 Jul 2007, 11:36 am

in my eyes....there is no true champion in the heavyweight division in any promotion until they fight fedor.
Back to top Go down
http://soulofcel.googlepages.com/home
shane
Noob
Noob
shane

Male
Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2007-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Is the UFC going to lose out on Fedor?   Is the UFC going to lose out on Fedor? Icon_minitimeSat 28 Jul 2007, 12:02 pm

CeLnVA wrote:
in my eyes....there is no true champion in the heavyweight division in any promotion until they fight fedor.

i agree, i dont know why but i dont want fedor to go to the ufc! i wanna see him fight barnett and roger gracie in bodog and retire a legend and become mythical like rickson and bruce lee
Back to top Go down
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Is the UFC going to lose out on Fedor?   Is the UFC going to lose out on Fedor? Icon_minitimeSat 28 Jul 2007, 1:28 pm

I think for that to happen he needs to come beat the guys over here in the UFC!
Back to top Go down
DennisN
Top Prospect
Top Prospect
DennisN

Male
Number of posts : 199

PostSubject: Re: Is the UFC going to lose out on Fedor?   Is the UFC going to lose out on Fedor? Icon_minitimeSat 28 Jul 2007, 9:25 pm

JoeDaddy wrote:

I think for that to happen he needs to come beat the guys over here in the UFC!

For the general masses to accept him as a legend, I agree. ..but we all know the truth.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/quizrox
TwisteDceL
Champion
Champion
TwisteDceL

Male
Number of posts : 481

PostSubject: Re: Is the UFC going to lose out on Fedor?   Is the UFC going to lose out on Fedor? Icon_minitimeSat 28 Jul 2007, 9:37 pm

its the ufc's job 2 get him! what good is being the biggest promotion if u cant get the biggest hw in the world? he doesnt need them.....they need him!
Back to top Go down
http://soulofcel.googlepages.com/home
DennisN
Top Prospect
Top Prospect
DennisN

Male
Number of posts : 199

PostSubject: Re: Is the UFC going to lose out on Fedor?   Is the UFC going to lose out on Fedor? Icon_minitimeSat 28 Jul 2007, 9:43 pm

CeLnVA wrote:
its the ufc's job 2 get him! what good is being the biggest promotion if u cant get the biggest hw in the world? he doesnt need them.....they need him!

I think they're fine without him ...but they kinda owe it to us. Most PPV's I buy are UFC (half price but still) and I buy most.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/quizrox
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Is the UFC going to lose out on Fedor?   Is the UFC going to lose out on Fedor? Icon_minitimeSat 28 Jul 2007, 10:56 pm

I think in the end they will get him!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is the UFC going to lose out on Fedor?   Is the UFC going to lose out on Fedor? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is the UFC going to lose out on Fedor?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MMA (Boston) :: Ultimate Fighting Championships News-
Jump to: