MMA (Boston)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MMA (Boston)

Anything MMA related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

- A STATEMENT FROM HERMES FRANCA ABOUT POSITIVE TEST

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male
Number of posts : 1452
Registration date : 2007-03-29

- A STATEMENT FROM HERMES FRANCA ABOUT POSITIVE TEST Empty
PostSubject: - A STATEMENT FROM HERMES FRANCA ABOUT POSITIVE TEST   - A STATEMENT FROM HERMES FRANCA ABOUT POSITIVE TEST Icon_minitimeThu 19 Jul 2007, 3:59 pm

- A STATEMENT FROM HERMES FRANCA ABOUT POSITIVE TEST 4358-HEADLINE

This statement was provided to MMAWeekly on behalf of Hermes Franca to address the positive drug test as found by the California State Athletic Commission after his bout with Sean Sherk at UFC 73:

In the next few days, the results from the California Commission will be released. The tests will show that I had a "banned substance" in my system.

I would like to apologize to my fans, the UFC, my students and family. I offer only an explanation and not an excuse. I made a decision during a difficult time in my training for the fight that I regret.

About 8 weeks out from the fight, I badly injured my ankle during a training session. For the following week I had rested it, rehabbed it and tried to work around the injury. It was obvious that I could not train as required.

I contacted the UFC and explained my injury and how I could not possibly train to the level I thought I would need in order to be properly prepared for my fight. I asked the UFC if we could push the fight out to the following UFC with the chance that it could happen. They explained that they could not do that and that the card had been set and it isnt as easy as just moving around a fight. I totally understood their position. They asked me to keep them informed should I not be able to fight.

I had not fought for 5 months. Fighting is literally how I put food on my wife and childs table and how I pay my bills. As a fighter though, even at this level, I live a simple life and I literally live from fight to fight. Not getting a paycheck for another few months and losing my chance to fight Sean for the title was overpowering. Fighting is the life I chose and I love it.
As a lightweight fighter, our purses are comparatively
small. The public sees the payouts. As lightweights, we do not pull down the money anything near the bigger guys. Its just the way it is. I think Sean fought and defended his title for less than $30,000. Its no ones fault, its just the market. I love the sport, I love the people in the
sport.
At this point I was desperate and needed anything I could to get my injury as close to healing as possible and be able to recover from the daily training regimen I was going through. I made the shortsighted choice to hopefully accelerate the healing process and allow me to keep training. Under the pressure of literally not being able to pay next months bills I made a choice. I had to fight and did whatever I could to do so.

I hope my fans, students, the UFC and the public accept my
sincere apology. Whatever punishment is dictated by the California Athletic Commission I will understand. I would like to get through this very difficult time and the times ahead and get back to fighting. All the best to my fans and much thanks to my family and friends that continue to support me during these times.

Hermes Franca
**Franca tested positive to Drostanolone. He has been fined $2500 and suspended through his licensing year which is July 5, 2008.
Back to top Go down
http://mma-boston.niceboard.com
DennisN
Top Prospect
Top Prospect
DennisN

Male
Number of posts : 199

PostSubject: Re: - A STATEMENT FROM HERMES FRANCA ABOUT POSITIVE TEST   - A STATEMENT FROM HERMES FRANCA ABOUT POSITIVE TEST Icon_minitimeThu 19 Jul 2007, 5:24 pm

WOW! That's surprising.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/quizrox
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male

PostSubject: Re: - A STATEMENT FROM HERMES FRANCA ABOUT POSITIVE TEST   - A STATEMENT FROM HERMES FRANCA ABOUT POSITIVE TEST Icon_minitimeThu 19 Jul 2007, 5:25 pm

Yeah at least he came clean said what he did and said sorry i hope Sherk will do the same!
Back to top Go down
I wanna talk to sampson
Champion
Champion
I wanna talk to sampson

Number of posts : 355

PostSubject: Re: - A STATEMENT FROM HERMES FRANCA ABOUT POSITIVE TEST   - A STATEMENT FROM HERMES FRANCA ABOUT POSITIVE TEST Icon_minitimeThu 19 Jul 2007, 5:52 pm

i really don't get it. i'm sorry. he did "come clean," i'll give him that. but, if you are that worried about you and your families situation, why would you do something you know you will get popped for? IT WAS A TITLE FIGHT for god's sake! he could've fought while injured like 90% of mma fighters do and lost. at least he would still have respect and DEMAND by the mma community. this shit makes me sick.
Back to top Go down
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male

PostSubject: Re: - A STATEMENT FROM HERMES FRANCA ABOUT POSITIVE TEST   - A STATEMENT FROM HERMES FRANCA ABOUT POSITIVE TEST Icon_minitimeThu 19 Jul 2007, 6:30 pm

not to mention if he was clean the fight would have been ruled a no contest! He would have still been in the hunt!
Back to top Go down
I wanna talk to sampson
Champion
Champion
I wanna talk to sampson

Number of posts : 355

PostSubject: Re: - A STATEMENT FROM HERMES FRANCA ABOUT POSITIVE TEST   - A STATEMENT FROM HERMES FRANCA ABOUT POSITIVE TEST Icon_minitimeThu 19 Jul 2007, 6:32 pm

exactly my point!
Back to top Go down
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male

PostSubject: Re: - A STATEMENT FROM HERMES FRANCA ABOUT POSITIVE TEST   - A STATEMENT FROM HERMES FRANCA ABOUT POSITIVE TEST Icon_minitimeThu 19 Jul 2007, 6:39 pm

It is just sad!
Back to top Go down
TwisteDceL
Champion
Champion
TwisteDceL

Male
Number of posts : 481

PostSubject: Re: - A STATEMENT FROM HERMES FRANCA ABOUT POSITIVE TEST   - A STATEMENT FROM HERMES FRANCA ABOUT POSITIVE TEST Icon_minitimeThu 19 Jul 2007, 9:18 pm

Shocked i continuously lose respect 4 the fighters of the ufc. id rather see them lose than throw a career away. im afraid thats exactly what hermes did.
Back to top Go down
http://soulofcel.googlepages.com/home
Andy
Defending Champ
Defending Champ
Andy

Male
Number of posts : 744

PostSubject: Re: - A STATEMENT FROM HERMES FRANCA ABOUT POSITIVE TEST   - A STATEMENT FROM HERMES FRANCA ABOUT POSITIVE TEST Icon_minitimeThu 19 Jul 2007, 10:07 pm

Well out of all the builds in the fight game, Sherk and Hermes would be on my top three behind Baroni for a list of Probably guilty guys!!
Back to top Go down
TwisteDceL
Champion
Champion
TwisteDceL

Male
Number of posts : 481

PostSubject: Re: - A STATEMENT FROM HERMES FRANCA ABOUT POSITIVE TEST   - A STATEMENT FROM HERMES FRANCA ABOUT POSITIVE TEST Icon_minitimeThu 19 Jul 2007, 10:11 pm

very true
Back to top Go down
http://soulofcel.googlepages.com/home
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male

PostSubject: Re: - A STATEMENT FROM HERMES FRANCA ABOUT POSITIVE TEST   - A STATEMENT FROM HERMES FRANCA ABOUT POSITIVE TEST Icon_minitimeFri 20 Jul 2007, 12:06 am

At the same time with his work out routine and all the supplements he takes witch is like 23 three times a day! He is also a prime candidate for a false positive! His manager said there is no way! Sherk that is! I mean his Nandrolone levels my rise with the way he works out!

Greg Nelson, Sherk’s trainer at the Minnesota Martial Arts Academy believes that the positive test is a complete mistake:

“I’m fairly convinced that there’s absolutely been a total mistake here,” said Greg Nelson, Sherk’s trainer. “I have absolutely no recollection of anything of that nature. I know his training and how dedicated he is to eating and doing everything as pure and clean as possible.”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: - A STATEMENT FROM HERMES FRANCA ABOUT POSITIVE TEST   - A STATEMENT FROM HERMES FRANCA ABOUT POSITIVE TEST Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

- A STATEMENT FROM HERMES FRANCA ABOUT POSITIVE TEST
Page 1 of 1