MMA (Boston)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MMA (Boston)

Anything MMA related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Weight Class for Leben vs. Swick Fight Currently Undecided

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male
Number of posts : 1452
Registration date : 2007-03-29

Weight Class for Leben vs. Swick Fight Currently Undecided Empty
PostSubject: Weight Class for Leben vs. Swick Fight Currently Undecided   Weight Class for Leben vs. Swick Fight Currently Undecided Icon_minitimeSat 14 Jul 2007, 6:55 pm

Weight Class for Leben vs. Swick Fight Currently Undecided Untitled-12

A much-anticipated rematch between The Ultimate Fighter 1 cast members Chris Leben (16-4 MMA, 6-3 UFC) and Mike Swick (10-2 MMA, 5-1 UFC) will take place at UFC Fight Night 11 — most likely as the night’s main event — but the weight class for the fight is still undecided.

Leben and Swick both have competed as 185-pound middleweights since their time on the show, but after losing a unanimous decision to Yushin Okami at UFC 69, Swick announced his intention of moving down to 170 pounds.

However, according to a source inside his American Kickboxing Academy camp, he’s willing to fight Leben at 185 pounds to assure the fight takes place. After all, it was Leben who delivered Swick the first loss of his career at a January 2004 WEC event, and Swick has wanted redemption ever since that second-round knockout loss.

Swick has been told that Leben plans to drop to 170 pounds for the fight, but if the weight loss proves too daunting for the Oregon slugger, Swick’s camp says the fight will go on at 185 pounds.

UFCjunkie.com broke news of the Leben vs. Swick fight last weekend.
UFC Fight Night 11 is expected to take place Sept. 19 at The Palms Las Vegas. It will likely serve as the lead-in for the upcoming welterweights-only season of The Ultimate Fighter. This sixth installment of the reality series will feature current UFC welterweight champion Matt Serra and former champ Matt Hughes as
Back to top Go down
http://mma-boston.niceboard.com
Andy
Defending Champ
Defending Champ
Andy

Male
Number of posts : 744

PostSubject: Re: Weight Class for Leben vs. Swick Fight Currently Undecided   Weight Class for Leben vs. Swick Fight Currently Undecided Icon_minitimeSat 14 Jul 2007, 7:50 pm

WOW!!!! Swick wants this fight BAD!! He isn't gonna give any excuses for this fight not happening! I like the attempt by Chris to lose the weight but he better just eliminate one more thing to worry about and get to training!! THIS IS GONNA BE GOOD, Leben has a nice fight night record, then again, SO DOES SWICK!!
Back to top Go down
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Weight Class for Leben vs. Swick Fight Currently Undecided   Weight Class for Leben vs. Swick Fight Currently Undecided Icon_minitimeSat 14 Jul 2007, 8:30 pm

Yeah and the card is looking real good for this to!

Rumors — UFC Fight Night 11

Date: Sept. 19, 2007
Venue: The Palms Las Vegas
Broadcast: Spike TV

• Chris Leben vs. Mike Swick
  • Spencer Fisher vs. Din Thomas
  • Thiago Alves vs. Kuniyoshi Hironaka
  • Luke Cummo vs. TBA
Back to top Go down
Andy
Defending Champ
Defending Champ
Andy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Weight Class for Leben vs. Swick Fight Currently Undecided   Weight Class for Leben vs. Swick Fight Currently Undecided Icon_minitimeSun 15 Jul 2007, 4:15 am

Spencer Fisher and Din Thomas could be fight of the year!! Both guys are leather trading fools!!!
Back to top Go down
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Weight Class for Leben vs. Swick Fight Currently Undecided   Weight Class for Leben vs. Swick Fight Currently Undecided Icon_minitimeSun 15 Jul 2007, 12:45 pm

I like Fisher by KO!
Back to top Go down
Andy
Defending Champ
Defending Champ
Andy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Weight Class for Leben vs. Swick Fight Currently Undecided   Weight Class for Leben vs. Swick Fight Currently Undecided Icon_minitimeSun 15 Jul 2007, 3:26 pm

I'll take that bet, Din Thomas by choke after applying a all around ass beating. I like Fisher but Din will be too much for him!!
Back to top Go down
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Weight Class for Leben vs. Swick Fight Currently Undecided   Weight Class for Leben vs. Swick Fight Currently Undecided Icon_minitimeSun 15 Jul 2007, 10:16 pm

you my be right Din has some big wins take a look at his stats!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Din_Thomas
Back to top Go down
I wanna talk to sampson
Champion
Champion
I wanna talk to sampson

Number of posts : 355

PostSubject: Re: Weight Class for Leben vs. Swick Fight Currently Undecided   Weight Class for Leben vs. Swick Fight Currently Undecided Icon_minitimeMon 16 Jul 2007, 4:42 am

this is a hard one to call. i agree, it very well could be fight of the year. i think i'm gonna lean towards din on this one.
Back to top Go down
Andy
Defending Champ
Defending Champ
Andy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Weight Class for Leben vs. Swick Fight Currently Undecided   Weight Class for Leben vs. Swick Fight Currently Undecided Icon_minitimeMon 16 Jul 2007, 9:15 pm

I wanna talk to sampson wrote:
this is a hard one to call. i agree, it very well could be fight of the year. i think i'm gonna lean towards din on this one.
MY BROTHA FROM A DIFFERENT MOTHA!!!!! Sammy can pick a winner!! LOL-
Back to top Go down
I wanna talk to sampson
Champion
Champion
I wanna talk to sampson

Number of posts : 355

PostSubject: Re: Weight Class for Leben vs. Swick Fight Currently Undecided   Weight Class for Leben vs. Swick Fight Currently Undecided Icon_minitimeTue 17 Jul 2007, 8:29 am

Andy wrote:
I wanna talk to sampson wrote:
MY BROTHA FROM A DIFFERENT MOTHA!!!!! Sammy can pick a winner!! LOL-
hahahaha. i really dig fisher though. if he does win, he definately deserves a title shot. imo
Back to top Go down
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Weight Class for Leben vs. Swick Fight Currently Undecided   Weight Class for Leben vs. Swick Fight Currently Undecided Icon_minitimeTue 17 Jul 2007, 8:51 am

i guess because Franca got one for beating Fisher!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Weight Class for Leben vs. Swick Fight Currently Undecided   Weight Class for Leben vs. Swick Fight Currently Undecided Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Weight Class for Leben vs. Swick Fight Currently Undecided
Page 1 of 1