MMA (Boston)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MMA (Boston)

Anything MMA related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A WORD FROM THE ASIAN SENSATION...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male
Number of posts : 1452
Registration date : 2007-03-29

A WORD FROM THE ASIAN SENSATION... Empty
PostSubject: A WORD FROM THE ASIAN SENSATION...   A WORD FROM THE ASIAN SENSATION... Icon_minitimeFri 30 Mar 2007, 4:10 pm

A WORD FROM THE ASIAN SENSATION... 3690-FertittaSakikabaraPress0327

So why are some fans concerned? Ask Dana White.

"This is a sport and we're going to follow the unified rules that were established in New Jersey and then in Nevada. As far as I'm concerned, if an organization doesn't follow these rules, it's not MMA.” - Dana White

The unified rules have been the talk of the town. Heated debates within the MMA community have been a daily occurrence. UFC Vice President of Regulatory Affairs Marc Ratner recently confirmed that future events after Pride 34 will utilize the unified rules.

- Foot stomps, soccer kicks, and knees to the head of a downed opponent will no longer be allowed.

- Round times will change to 3 x 5-minute rounds and 5 x 5-minute rounds for championship fights (no more 10-minute first rounds).

- The use of colored penalty cards will be discontinued.

- Elbows will be allowed.

- Shoes, gis, and pants will not be allowed (sorry Aoki).

While foot stomps and soccer kicks aren’t for everyone, it was an aspect of Pride Fighting Championships that set it apart from other organizations. The sudden change in allowable strikes may be a bit hard for diehard fans to swallow.

Remember Pride 33? It was a great event. Some fans went so far as to say it was the best in Pride’s history. It was also held in the U.S. and sanctioned under the unified rules. I’m not going to lie; I favor Pride’s rules/regulations over the current set established by the athletic commissions in the U.S. However, I do agree that unified rules are necessary for the sport to legitimize itself worldwide. Other organizations in Japan such as K-1 Hero’s, Professional Shooto, and Cage Force currently utilize a similar set of rules (sans elbows with the exception of the latter). Tatsuya Kawajiri with elbows? Intriguing…

The unified rules will always be met with mixed feelings. However, the integration of the rules in Pride is imminent so arguing about them is pointless.

Aside from the new rules, other forthcoming adjustments will prove to be positive and welcome changes.

Pride’s old weight classes were a bit broad in range, which made it difficult for some fighters. With better-defined weight divisions, fighters will be able to compete closer to their natural weight limit. The recent emphasis on lighter weight classes in the WEC has been well accepted and perhaps the new structure in Pride could eventually pave the way for featherweight and bantamweight divisions of their own.

Tired of inane non-title fights? Same here. I expect non-title fights to be eliminated under the new management.

Due to past political and financial reasons, many dreamed about fights were unattainable. Fans salivated at the prospect of seeing Wanderlei Silva fight Chuck Liddell in the UFC only to be let down. With the roadblock lifted, many cross-promotion super fights will soon come to fruition. Finally, we can forgot about brand names and enjoy MMA as a sport.

With an acquisition of this magnitude, a level of uncertainty remains. Will there be a loss in production value? How will the fights be affected under unified rules? Will the amount of broadcasted Pay-Per-View fights be lessened? With so many unanswered questions, do fans have a cause for concern? Maybe. However, I’m confident that those concerns will be addressed in due time.

Dream Stage Entertainment’s exit signified the end of an era. After months of negotiations, a new owner has emerged. Pride Fighting Championships will forge ahead and we should be grateful. The fighters will keep fighting. The fans will keep watching. MMA will continue to grow. A new era will begin.

here is the rest of the artical:
http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=3690&zoneid=13
Back to top Go down
http://mma-boston.niceboard.com
Seth
Contender
Contender
Seth

Male
Number of posts : 223

PostSubject: Re: A WORD FROM THE ASIAN SENSATION...   A WORD FROM THE ASIAN SENSATION... Icon_minitimeTue 03 Apr 2007, 2:20 am

First Pride 33 wasn't even close to being the best.

Second the rule change really pisses me off, It's what made Pride unique from UFC.

Lame asses
Back to top Go down
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male

PostSubject: Re: A WORD FROM THE ASIAN SENSATION...   A WORD FROM THE ASIAN SENSATION... Icon_minitimeTue 03 Apr 2007, 2:25 am

Rampage will beat Liddell wrote:

Second the rule change really pisses me off, It's what made Pride unique from UFC.

Lame asses

I have to admit this pic sucks...lol
Back to top Go down
Seth
Contender
Contender
Seth

Male

PostSubject: Re: A WORD FROM THE ASIAN SENSATION...   A WORD FROM THE ASIAN SENSATION... Icon_minitimeTue 03 Apr 2007, 2:28 am

JoeDaddy wrote:

Lame asses

Not a fan of reality?
Back to top Go down
JoeDaddy
Undisputed Champ!
Undisputed Champ!
JoeDaddy

Male

PostSubject: Re: A WORD FROM THE ASIAN SENSATION...   A WORD FROM THE ASIAN SENSATION... Icon_minitimeTue 03 Apr 2007, 2:30 am

JoeDaddy wrote:

Lame asses

Not a fan of reality?

i will be on the 26th lol
Back to top Go down
Seth
Contender
Contender
Seth

Male

PostSubject: Re: A WORD FROM THE ASIAN SENSATION...   A WORD FROM THE ASIAN SENSATION... Icon_minitimeTue 03 Apr 2007, 3:10 am

JoeDaddy wrote:
JoeDaddy wrote:

Lame asses

Not a fan of reality?

i will be on the 26th lol

I will not stop laughing when Quinton Jackson wins
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A WORD FROM THE ASIAN SENSATION...   A WORD FROM THE ASIAN SENSATION... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A WORD FROM THE ASIAN SENSATION...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MMA (Boston) :: Other MMA News-
Jump to: